The Yellowjackets soundtrack includes music by The Smashing Pumpkins, Hole and Paloma Faith. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Ashley Lyle and Bart Nickerson’s Showtime series. Visit the Soundtracks of Television section for more Vague Visages music guides.
Yellowjackets examines the aftermath of plane crash in the Canadian Rockies. In a 1996 timeline, a female soccer team from Wiskayok, New Jersey prepares for a national competition in Seattle, Washington. The pilot episode ends with a tragedy and teases a cannibalism subplot. In a 2021 timeline, survivors protect secrets about their past experiences while reconnecting with former classmates. Composer Theodore Shapiro (Tropic Thunder, The Eyes of Tammy Faye) scored the Showtime series; music supervisor Jen Malone (Euphoria, Clickbait) selected the mainstream music. Here’s every featured song in Yellowjackets.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty’
Yellowjackets Soundtrack: Every Song in S
Season 1, Episode 1 “Pilot”
- “Today” by The Smashing Pumpkins (00:04:00): The Yellowjackets soundtrack song scores the title sequence. A cityscape montage captures various New Jersey images. Jackie (Ella Purnell) and Jeff (Jack Depew) share an intimate moment together.
- “Supernova” by Liz Phair (00:06:00): Young Shauna (Sophie Nélisse) sits in her vehicle outside Jackie’s home. She watches Jeff crawl out of a window. Jackie cuts the music as Shauna drives.
- “Informer” by Snow (00:07:00): Shauna reacts to Jackie changing the music. The song plays as the characters discuss Jeff. Jackie intends to lose her virginity before college because it will be “poetic.”
- “Shoop” by Salt-N-Pepa (00:16:00): The Yellowjackets soundtrack jam plays during a school sequence. Young Natalie (Sophie Thatcher) rocks out with soccer teammates in the locker room. Jackie calms the freshman Allie (Pearl Amanda Dickson) before a pep rally.
- “Good Vibrations” by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch (00:18:00): The Yellowjackets are introduced during a pep rally. Young Shauna smiles at Natalie. The music drops as Shauna (Melanie Lynskey) irons clothes in the 2021 timeline.
- “What If… ” by Dore Soul (00:27:00): Young Natalie and Shauna prepare for a party. They discuss boys from their school. Shauna doesn’t seem interested that Randy Walsh (Riley Baron) inquired about her.
- “Let Me Find Out” by POS NEG (00:29:00): The Yellowjackets soundtrack song scores a bonfire sequence. Various male characters unload a keg from a truck. Young Jackie hangs out with Shauna.
- “Miss World” by Hole (00:30:00): Young Natalie pops a pill at a party. The music continues during a transition to the present timeline. A taxi picks up Natalie (Juliette Lewis).
- “Down by the Water” by PJ Harvey (00:36:00): Jackie bonds with her teammates. Natalie trips out by a fire. Misty (Samantha Hanratty) appears and then disappears.
- “Never Tear Us Apart” by Paloma Faith (00:42:00): A pan shot surveys a bonfire setting. The Yellowjackets soundtrack song continues during an extended montage sequence. “Never Tear Us Apart” fades when the protagonists board a private plane.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Inventing Anna’
Yellowjackets Soundtrack: Every Song in
Season 1, Episode 2 “F Sharp”
- “Hold On” by Wilson Phillips (00:00:00): Misty answers a phone call in 1992. Becky trolls her with a rumor involving Robbie Delgado. Misty quotes Plato by stating “Opinion is the wilderness between knowledge and ignorance.” The song can be heard again at 54:00 during the present timeline.
- “Mother Mother” by Tracy Bonham (00:08:00): Misty amputates Coach Scott’s leg after the plane crash in 1996. She screams for help. The Yellowjackets soundtrack song scores the opening title sequence.
- “Peaches” by Kick It (00:39:00): Natalie drinks in a hotel room during the present timeline. She makes a phone call to Travis. The song ramps up after a man states that Natalie called the wrong number.
- “Glory Box” by Portishead (00:41:00): Shauna tells her family that she skinned a rabbit and cooked the meat for dinner. Natalie says that her mother is weird. The song continues during a transitional sequence in 1996 after the crash.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Barry’
Yellowjackets Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 3 “The Dollhouse”
- “Mr. Mistoffelees” by Andrew Lloyd Webber & Cats 1983 Broadway Cast (00:09:00): Adult Misty discusses her dating life. Natalie listens while driving. The music drops after a lyric about “a cat so clever.”
- “Cambodia” by Kim Wilde (00:16:00): The camera pans left to a vehicle in the present timeline. Adult Shauna observes her husband leave his store with a wrapped gift. The lyric “He had a job to do” thematically aligns with the suspense.
- “Dreams” by The Cranberries (00:23:00): Young Taissa and her fellow survivors look for a lake. The Yellowjackets soundtrack song kicks in as the characters reach their destination. “Dreams” continues as the plane crash survivors swim together.
- “Vienna” by Ultravox (00:55:00): Adult Misty and Natalie discover Travis’ dead body. They believe that he was murdered. The music scores the end of the episode.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Bridgerton’
Yellowjackets Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 4 “Bear Down”
- “Mountain’s Song” by Jane’s Addiction (00:02:00): The Yellowjackets soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. Young Natalie dreams about the plane crash and her late father. The music drops and picks up again at 00:03:39 during a past to present transition shot.
- “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” by Deep Blue Something (00:07:00): Young Travis attempts a bowel movement. Misty offers some advice. She sings the lyrics of the 1995 song.
- “Feel the Pain” by Dinosaur Jr. (00:10:00): Young Natalie (Courtney Eaton) hangs out in her room with Kevyn. They discuss the popularity of Nirvana. Natalie’s enraged father enters the bedroom.
- “So Alive” by Love and Rockets (00:34:00): Adult Shauna plays miniature golf with Adam (Peter Gadiot). The song plays lightly in the background. Shauna wedges a ball over the fence.
- “Ready to Go” by Republica (00:39:00): Shauna and Adam jump into a river. The music ramps up when they dry off and begin kissing. The lyric “Baby, I’m ready to go” accompanies a sex sequence in the back of a vehicle.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Welcome to Eden’
Yellowjackets Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 5 “Blood Hive”
- “This Is How We Do It” by Montell Jordan, Wino (00:03:00): The Yellowjackets have a dance party in their Canadian cabin. Ben watches and grins. The Yellowjackets soundtrack song cuts when the tape deck malfunctions.
- “Emergency” by Sofi Tukker, Noval & YAX.X (00:21:00): Shauna and Adam attend a Halloween party. They discuss the ages and looks of the guests. The music volume amplifies as Shauna surveys the room and consumes an adult beverage.
- “Watashi No Sei” by Andrea Monorchio & Gun Kawamura (00:26:00): Adult Misty and Natalie enter a restaurant. They meet with a hacker known as “Stallion99.” Misty pours gasoline on the nervous gentleman and acquires photos from the scene of Travis’ death.
- “Freak Out” by Nightlapse feat. Liska (00:29:00): Shauna and Adam dance at the Halloween party. Young Jackie appears in her cheerleading outfit next to a skeleton. The Yellowjackets soundtrack song fades as Shauna navigates the room and runs into her daughter.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Candy’
Yellowjackets Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 6 “Saints”
- “Munich” by Editors (00:34:00): Kevyn pulls up next to Natalie’s vehicle. The Yellowjackets soundtrack song plays lightly in the background.
- “Love Comes Close” by Cold Cave (00:35:00): Adult Natalie leaves Prestigious Auto Sales. Kevin inquires about her “errand.” The music plays in the vehicle.
- “Overture” from The Phantom by the Opera by Andrew Lloyd Webber (00:54:00): Adult Misty waits in her vehicle. Jessica Roberts (Rekha Sharma) shows up for a scheduled meeting. Misty knocks out the fake reporter with an injection to the leg.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Clark’
Yellowjackets Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 7 “No Compass”
- “S P A C E” by Amber Mark (00:07:00): The Yellowjackets soundtrack song plays during a forest sequence. Young Taissa sharpens scissor blades and cuts her hair. The music fades as Van (Liv Hewson) offers her opinion.
- “The Music of the Night” from The Phantom of the Opera by Andrew Lloyd Webber (00:22:00): Adult Natalie lashes out in a hotel room. Misty watches at home with a smirk on her face. The music amplifies as Ricci’s character prepares to speak with her hostage, Jessica.
- “Firestarter” by The Prodigy (00:36:00): Adult Natalie chases after a masked individual. Taissa and Shauna follow behind. The music cuts when Taissa grabs Natalie’s weapon.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Staircase’
Yellowjackets Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 8 “Flight of the Bumblebee”
- “Fade Into You” Mazzy Star (00:12:00): Adult Natalie applies makeup. She chugs from a bottle of alcohols and lies in her bed. The Yellowjackets soundtrack song fades as Natalie sends a text message.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The 7 Lives of Lea’
Yellowjackets Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 9 “Doomcoming”
- “The World I Know” by Collective Soul (00:19:00): The Yellowjackets soundtrack song scores a montage sequence. Young Misty researches medicinal plants in the forest and gathers mushrooms. Taissa and Van bond before a “doomcoming” gathering.
- “Gepetto” by Belly (00:25:00): The “doomcoming” celebration begins. Shauna and Jackie arrive together. Taissa and Van embrace in front of their fellow survivors. Misty watches everyone consume a mushroom stew.
- “Kiss from a Rose” by Seal (00:27:00): Lottie sings the 1994 song after a moment of silence for the late Lora Lee (Jane Widdop). Ben declines an offer from Misty to dance. A recorded version of the song plays as Shauna watches Jackie leave with Travis.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘We Own This City’
Yellowjackets Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 10 “Sic Transit Gloria Mundi”
- “Rump Shaker” by Wreckx-n-Effect (00:15): Lottie stabs a bear. The Yellowjackets soundtrack song plays as the rest of the group reacts. The Wiskayok Class of ’96 anniversary party begins.
- “The Haunted” by Dot Alluson feat. Amy Bowman (00:18): Taissa arrives at home in the present timeline. Shauna takes a shower. Both characters cry while Natalie sits alone in her hotel room.
- “Ladykillers” by Lush (00:20): Adult Shauna speaks with Taissa at their 25th high school graduation party. They joke about small talk with classmates and the fact that they dismembered Adam’s body earlier in the day. Natalie shows up and surprises her friends.
- “Come Out and Play” by The Offspring (00:20): The Yellowjackets soundtrack song scores a slo-mo sequence. Natalie, Taissa and Shauna arrive at the 25th anniversary party. Misty poses for a photo.
- “All That She Wants” by Ace of Base (00:27): Shauna orders drinks at the anniversary party. She requests double tequila shots when Randy arrives. Shauna reveals that she knows about her husband’s failed extortion plan.
- “I Touch Myself” by Divinyls (00:29): The plane crash survivors join hands before eating a bear meal. Shauna delivers drinks to her friends in the present timeline. Natalie toasts to “old friends.”
- “Only Time” by Enya (00:31): A slide show begins at the Wiskayok anniversary celebration. Lottie leads a prayer in the 1996 timeline. The Yellowjackets soundtrack song continues as Misty complains about Jackie not honoring “the spirit of the bear.”
- “Kiss from a Rose” by Seal (00:37): The music plays at the Wiskayok anniversary celebration in honor of Jackie. Shauna and Jeff reluctantly slow dance in front of the crowd. They discuss the dismemberment of the late Adam.
- “Vienna” by Ultravox (00:45): Natalie cleans up her hotel room in the present timeline. Travis expresses his love for her in the 1996 narrative. Natalie curiously grins at autopsy photos of Travis in correlation with the lyric “the feeling is gone.” The Yellowjackets soundtrack song fades as the characters embrace in the 1996 timeline.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Ted Lasso’
Yellowjackets Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 2, Episode 1 “Friends, Romans, Countrymen”
- “Seventeen” by Sharon Van Etten (00:02): The Yellowjackets soundtrack song scores the opening montage sequence. Various survivors sleep. The music plays again at 00:06 during a hospital sequence featuring Teen Lottie.
- “Drown” by The Smashing Pumpkins (00:17): Shauna finishes a confrontational conversation with her daughter. The music continues during a transition scene. Teen Shauna talks to a ghost version of Teen Jackie.
- “#1 Crush” by Garbage (00:30): Shauna and Jeff explore Adam’s art studio. Music plays from a speaker system. Shauna and Jeff have sex.
- “Glory of Love” by Billy Hill (00:35): Crystal (Nuha Jes Izman) exits an outhouse. She sings the Yellowjackets soundtrack song. Teen Misty tells Crystal to shut up.
- “Last Resort” by Papa Roach (00:41): Jeff sits in his vehicle. Music blasts from his speaker system. Jeff rocks out and air-drums.
- “Cornflake Girl” by Tori Amos (00:55): Teen Natalie and Teen Travis look for Javi. Teen Shauna eats a piece of a human ear. The track scores the episode’s final moments and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Succession’
Yellowjackets airs weekly on Showtime. New episodes premiere every Sunday through May 21, 2023. This article about the Yellowjackets soundtrack will be updated as the series progresses.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Drama, Horror, Mystery, Showtime Originals, Soundtracks of Television, Streaming Originals