The Faraway soundtrack includes music by Nena, Feist and Florence + the Machine. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Vanessa Jopp’s 2023 Netflix movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Faraway stars Naomi Krauss as Zeynep Altin, a German woman who inherits her mother’s home in Croatia. Goran Bogdan co-stars as Josip Cega, a Croatian man who grew up in the protagonist’s new property. The storyline follows Zeynep as she leaves her cheating husband behind and begins a new life. Music supervisor Ulrike Kleppi (Suck Me Shakespeer) selected the featured needle-drops for the 109-minute Netflix film. Here’s every song in Faraway.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘We Have a Ghost’
Faraway Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2023 Netflix Movie
- “99 Luftballoons” by Nena (00:07:00): Zeynep listens to music at home. The Faraway soundtrack song continues as Fia (Bahar Balci) states that it’s “boring.” The track is featured again at 00:30:00 and 01:38:00.
- “1234” by Feist (00:12:00): Zeynep begins a journey to Croatia. The music plays as she struggles with her phone. Zeynep arrives at a port city.
- “Spavaj mi Spavaj, Ancice” by Zvonimir Kovacic, Mirko Stanic, Ivan Zanic, Ante Blazevic, Alen Babic (00:26:00): Zeynep shops in a store. The track plays from a speaker system. Zeynep talks to Josip.
- “Jute Sam Se” by Zvonimir Kovacic, Mirko Stanic, Ivan Zanic, Ante Blazevic, Alen Babic (00:47:00): The Faraway soundtrack song accompanies an exterior scene. Josip and a group of men sing by the sea. Zeyneb observes the performance and smiles.
- “Feel Fine” by Emilie Nicolas (00:58:00): Josip throws Zeynep’s phone. The track sets in during an exterior scene. Zeynep heads back home and takes off her wedding ring.
- “Wishing Girl” by Lola Marsh (01:03:00): Zeynep walks through a hole in a wall. She wears a red dress and leaves to order a window. Zeynep rides a bicycle.
- “The Greatest” by Cat Power (01:20:00): The Faraway soundtrack song scores a bedroom sequence. Josip and Zeynep kiss. The characters have sex.
- “Where’s My Love” by SYML (01:27:00): Fia finishes a phone call with her father, Ilyas (Adnan Maral). She waves to Conrad (Artjom Gilz). Fia sits next to Zeynep during a bedroom sequence.
- “The Dog Days Are Over” by Florence + the Machine (01:41:00): Zeynep sits a table. She carries a red ballon and finds Josip. The track scores the film’s final moments and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Outer Banks’
The Faraway soundtrack also includes:
- “Aşk Perisi (As Me Lene Trelli)” by Demet Sagiroglu
- “O more duboko” by Ivo Curkovic and Ante Blazevic
- “Libraries” by BMG Production Music
- “Gel Gör Beni Aşk Neyledi” by Vedat Erincin
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Comedy, Drama, Netflix Originals, Romance, Soundtracks of Cinema, Streaming Originals
You must be logged in to post a comment.