The We Have a Ghost soundtrack includes music by The Doors, Missing Persons and Black Pumas. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Christopher Landon’s 2023 Netflix movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
We Have a Ghost stars Jahi Di’Allo Winston as Kevin, a teenage musician who meets a friendly ghost. David Harbour co-stars as Ernest, a lost spirit who can’t remember his life as a human. The storyline follows the Presley family as they protect a ghost from CIA agents. Composer Bear McCreary (Bear McCreary) scored the 127-minute film; music supervisor Rob Lowry (Freaky) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in We Have a Ghost, an adaptation of Geoff Manaugh’s 2017 short story “Ernest.”
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘True Spirit’
We Have a Ghost Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2023 Netflix Movie
- “No More Mr. Nice Guy” by Alice Cooper (00:02:00): The We Have a Ghost soundtrack song scores an exterior scene. Kevin sits in a vehicle. He listens to music via headphones.
- “Imperial March” by John Williams (00:07:00): Frank drops a box. Kevin responds with a guitar riff. Frank says, “Funny.”
- “Let’s Get Married (Remarqable Mix)” by Jagged Edge (00:08:00): Frank starts a family dance party. He grunts and laughs with Melanie (Erica Ash). Kevin rolls his eyes.
- “Who’ll Stop the Rain” by John Fogerty (00:15:00): Kevin explores an attic. He sings the We Have a Ghost soundtrack song. The track is featured again at 00:26:00.
- “People Are Strange” by The Doors (00:47:00): Leslie Monroe (Tig Notaro) receives a video call. The track continues during a slo-mo sequence. Kevin walks through a school hallway.
- “Dotted Line/Juju Man” by Labrinth (00:49:00): Kevin talks to Joy (Isabella Russo) about Ernest. A rally sequence begins. Frank negotiates business opportunities.
- “Words” by Missing Persons (00:56:00): The We Have a Ghost soundtrack song accompanies a slo-mo sequence. Ernest runs through an office. A tattoo artist messes up a design.
- “Cloud Up and Thunder” by Peck Rowell (00:58:00): Kevin and Joy enter a bar. They talk to the owner. Kevin and Joy identify Ernest in a photo.
- “Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap” by AC/DC (01:03:00): The track scores a car sequence. Ernest puts his head through a back seat window. He screams as they approach a city.
- “Colors” by Black Pumas (01:04:00): Joy stares at Kevin. The We Have a Ghost soundtrack song continues during an exterior scene. Joy and Kevin gaze at the horizon with Ernest.
- “Highway Star” by Deep Purple (01:08:00): A chase sequence begins. Kevin flees from the police with Joy and Ernest. He drives an orange vehicle.
- “Summer Breeze” by Piper (01:14:00): Ernest looks through a motel room hole. He sees people dressed as animals. Music plays from a speaker system.
- “Unchained Melody” by The Righteous Brothers (01:14:00): A motel room sequence continues. The We Have a Ghost soundtrack song plays on a television. Kevin and Joy watch a clip from the 1990 movie Ghost.
- “Can’t Get Enough of Your Love, Babe” by Barry White (01:17:00): Kevin and Joy hold hands. The dial changes on a motel room radio. Kevin enters a bathroom.
- “On My Own” by The People’s Thieves (01:54:00): Kevin wonders if Ernest can still see him. Joy says, “I don’t know. Maybe.” The track scores the movie’s final moments and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Your Place or Mine’
The We Have a Ghost soundtrack also includes:
- “25 or 6 to 4” by Chicago
- “Ecstasy (Ecstasy on the Goan Sands)” by Ulhas Bapat and B. Sivaramakrishna Rao
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.