The Red Rose soundtrack includes music by Aqua, Boogie Pimps and Oasis. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Michael Clarkson and Paul Clarkson’s Netflix series. Visit the Soundtracks of Television section for more Vague Visages music guides.
Red Rose stars Amelia Clarkson as Wren Davies, a teenager from North West England. Isis Hainsworth co-stars as Rochelle Mason, a young woman who gets mixed up in a dark web conspiracy. The storyline follows Wren and her friends as they investigative the death of a classmate. Composers Jessica Jones (The Tinder Swindler) and Tim Morrish (The Alienist) scored the Netflix series; music supervisors Matt Biffa (Sex Education) and Ciara Elwis (Bad Sisters) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Red Rose.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Law According to Lidia Poet’
Red Rose Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 1 “It’s Grim Up North”
- “Carol of the Bells” by Traditional (00:00): The Red Rose soundtrack song plays during the opening sequence. Alyssa (Robyn Cara) exits a building. She listens to a voicemail from her mother.
- “Insomnia” by Faithless (00:07): The track scores an exterior sequence. Wren and the Dickheads hang out with classmates. Rochelle smokes a joint.
- “Show Me Love” by Robin S. (00:08): A party sequence continues. Wren passes a bottle to Antony (Ellis Howard). Rochelle and Noah (Harry Redding) laugh.
- “Rhythm Is a Dancer” by Snap! (00:11): Wren jokes around with Noah. The Red Rose soundtrack song continues during an exterior scene. Wren and Noah kiss.
- “Inner Light” by Elderbrook & Bob Moses (00:15): Vinny (Samuel Anderson) talks to Rochelle about her exams. He says that her mother would be proud. Music plays lightly from a speaker system.
- “The Night” by Frankie Valli (00:27): Rochelle looks at a dress. She poses for a selfie. Rochelle arrives at a party.
- “Starstruck” by Years & Years (00:32): The Red Rose soundtrack song plays during an interior scene. Rochelle talks to Ashley (Natalie Blair) at a store. Music plays from a speaker system.
- “Barbie Girl” by Aqua (00:43): Jaya plays a game of “Never Have I Ever.” Rochelle runs down a street. The music plays again at 00:45 and 00:47.
- “Somebody to Love (Pimps Club Mix)” by Boogie Pimps (00:45): Rochelle receives a message on the Red Rose app. She kisses Noah. Wren tears up.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘You’
Red Rose Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 2 “The Garden”
- “Gloria” by Laura Branigan (00:01): Rochelle comforts Clare (Teyana Lloyd-Smith) and Nora (Frankie Obeng). The Red Rose soundtrack song kicks in as the characters stand up. Rochelle gives instructions to Clare and Nora.
- “Somebody to Love (Pimps Club Mix)” by Boogie Pimps (00:08): Wren looks at her phone. She receives a call from Noah. The music plays again at 00:29.
- “Abcdefu” by Gayle (00:26): Rochelle walks outdoors. The track continues during an interior scene. Rochelle prepares for a bath.
- “Barbie Girl” by Scala & Kolacny Brothers (00:32): The music scores a slo-mo sequence. Wren reaches towards dust particles. The track plays again at 00:38.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Ginny & Georgia’
Red Rose Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 3 “Scapegoat”
- “Better Off Alone” by Jenny Plant (00:00): The Red Rose soundtrack song accompanies the opening sequence. Wren looks at her phone. She thinks about Rochelle’s death.
- “Seconds” by Pulp (00:06): Antony reads a book. He reads a text message from Ashley. The track is featured again at 00:07.
- “Neon Lights” by Inverted Pyramids (00:46): The track scores the end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Kaleidoscope’
Red Rose Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 4 “Manchester Innit”
- “Midnight Cruise” by Mark Allaway & Jeff Lardner feat. Alan Berlyn (00:11): The Red Rose soundtrack song plays during an interior scene. Wren and company stand in an elevator. They look at each other anxiously.
- “Life” by Kristal Gandhi & Des’ree (00:18): Rachel (Natalie Gavin) takes a bath. She whimpers as someone knocks at the door. Rachel receives a visit from Rick (Adam Nagaitis).
- “Sleeping Satellite” by Tasmin Archer (00:28): The music plays during an interior scene. Rachel sits at a makeup desk. She hears Wren’s voice.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Recruit’
Red Rose Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 5 “Lockdown”
- “God Knows” by Johnny Lloyd & Nathan Coen (00:24): The Red Rose soundtrack song plays during a party sequence. Taz (Ali Khan) sits on a floor and talks to himself. He looks at a picture of his father.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Wednesday’
Red Rose Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 6 “Results Day”
- “Free” by Ultra Naté (00:01): The Red Rose soundtrack song scores the title sequence. A “Six Weeks Later” segment begins. The Dickheads hang out in Bolton.
- “When Johnny Comes Marching Home” by Parry Music (00:05): Shelley (Nia Roberts) hugs Noah. The music continues during a transition scene. The Dickheads open letters about their grades.
- “(Mucho Mambo) Sway” by Shaft (00:24): A party sequence begins. Ash pours a drink. Wren asks Jaya if she is ok.
- “Waltzing Along” by James (00:26): The Red Rose soundtrack song accompanies an exterior scene. The Dickheads head to a party. Wren and Noah look at each other.
- “Show Me the Way to Amarillo” by Andy Martin (00:31): A bar sequence begins. Two men perform a karaoke song. Rick smiles at Rachel.
- “The Jam” by Kideko (00:32): A party sequence continues. Wren and Noah drink alcohol and dance. Ashley talks to Taz.
- “Set You Free” by N-Trance (00:33): A karaoke MC introduces a singer. He teases a tune from “simpler times.” Maria takes the stage and sings the Red Rose soundtrack song.
- “Blue (Da Ba Dee)” by Faouzia (00:40): Wren sobs while attending a party. She receives a text message from Rochelle. The track scores the episode’s final moments.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Firefly Lane’
Red Rose Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 7 “I Heart BLTN”
- “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)” by The Proclaimers (00:18): Wren walks down a street. A stalker sings the Red Rose soundtrack song.
- “Daddy Cool” by Boney M. (00:33): Wren looks at a lamp. The music plays as she turns around. Wren looks at a TV monitor.
- “Somebody to Love (Pimps Club Mix)” by Boogie Pimps (00:34): Wren smashes a TV monitor. The track sets in as she stops. Wren receives a phone call from Rochelle.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘1899’
Red Rose Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 8 “The Gardener”
- “The Masterplan” by Oasis (00:36): Jaya finishes a conversation with a mysterious woman. The music plays as she turns around and embraces the Dickheads. Rick leaves a court house.
- “Kanashiki Machimusume” by Hoodoo Fushimi (00:38): A Tokyo sequence begins. Japanese men hang out at a bar. The Red Rose soundtrack song plays as a man downloads an app.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.