The Inventing Anna soundtrack includes music by Megan Thee Stallion, Missy Elliott and Saweetie. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Shonda Rhimes’ 2022 Netflix miniseries. Visit the Soundtracks of Television section for more Vague Visages music guides.
Inventing Anna stars Anna Chlumsky as Vivian Kent, a fictional New York City journalist who investigates a real-life con artist. Julia Garner co-stars as Anna Delvey, a Russian-born socialite who tries to sustain a glamorous lifestyle without making her own money. Composers Kris Bowers (King Richard) and Pierre Charles (Musicology with Tim Kash) scored the Netflix miniseries, which includes a steady dose of hip-hop and pop electro music from episode to episode. Here’s every song in Inventing Anna.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Mike’
Inventing Anna Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 1 “Life of a VIP”
- “Rich” by Megan Thee Stallion (00:00): The Inventing Anna soundtrack song opens the series. A printing press pumps out newspapers. Anna Sorokin narrates about her story and speaks to the audience.
- “Own It” by Rico Nasty (00:12): Anna leaves a voicemail for Vivian. The music scores a Rikers Island montage sequence. Vivian prepares to meet Anna.
- “Franchise” by Travis Scott, Young Thug, M.I.A. (00:34): Vivian investigates Anna at her office. She sits alone in the dark and scrolls through a social media feed. Vivian makes a phone call to Nora (Kate Burton).
- “New York New York” by Daemon, Zech Biship, Amorie (00:59): Anna speaks with her lawyer, Todd Spodek (Arian Moayed). She doesn’t want to be portrayed as a socialite. The Inventing Anna soundtrack song plays as Anna rejects a plea offer.
Read More at VV — Know the Cast: ‘Dancing on Glass’
Inventing Anna Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 2 “The Devil Wore Anna”
- “More Life” by Torren Foot (00:02): The Inventing Anna soundtrack song accompanies a photoshoot sequence. Anna speaks with a man about his artistic craft. She inquires about Anna being “the real deal.”
- “Frida Kahlo” by LION BABE (00:03): Anna attends a fashion show. An acquaintance remembers that she looked “flawless.” Anna wines and dines with friends.
- “Shook” by Tkay Maidza (00:08): Anna hooks up with Chase Sikorski (Saamer Usmani). Vivian and her colleagues look at social media profiles in the present timeline. The journalists realize that Chase and Anna’s social media feeds were almost “perfectly synced.”
- “Love Em Leave Em” by Amindi Feat. Kari Faux (00:17): Todd chastises a colleague. The Inventing Anna soundtrack song kicks in during a transition sequence. Vivian road trips with her husband, Jack (Anders Holm).
- “Up to No Good” by BENNETT (00:18): Vivian meets Talia Mallay (Marika Dominczyk). Jack watches from his vehicle. Talia informs Vivian about a social gathering.
- “We On” by Dumi Maraire & Raphael Lake (00:21): Talia recalls Anna’s “great taste in art.” The music scores a museum sequence. Anna admires a Cindy Sherman film still.
- “Me Gusta” by Anitta, Myke Towers, Cardi B (00:26): The Inventing Anna soundtrack song plays during an Ibiza sequence. Anna hangs out with Chase. She boards the Caprilla.
- “Party for Me” by Jhené Aiko Feat. Ty Dolla $ign (00:31): Anna and Chase kiss in Ibiza. The music scores a boat montage. Anna hangs out with Talia and drinks wine.
- “You Are Going to Make It” by Dope Saint Jude (00:55): Anna stands on a sidewalk near Grand Street in Manhattan. The music continues during a cityscape sequence. Neff Davis (Alexis Floyd) boards a bus.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Bad Sisters’
Inventing Anna Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 3 “Two Birds, One Throne”
- “Google Me” by CLiQ Feat. Alika & Ms Banks (00:09): Anna meets with Chase. She prepares for a meeting by reading executive bio excerpts. Anna tells Chase that she has an eidetic memory.
- “Ballgame” by Daisha McBride (00:16): Anna visits Bergdorf Goodman with Nora. They speak with Donna Zaveri (Donna Murphy) during an interior scene. Anna recognizes a business opportunity.
- “Do It on the Tip” by Megan Thee Stallion feat. City Girls and Hot Girl Meg (00:24): Anna looks at Chase’s Instagram feed. She starts a video call and then cancels it. The Inventing Anna soundtrack song continues as Garner’s character calls Chase.
- “Faster Please” by seeyousoon (00:52): Nora receives a phone call about “strange charge.” Anna watches from a staircase and flees. Nora learns about $400,000 worth of credit card charges.
Read More at VV — Know the Cast: ‘Metal Lords’
Inventing Anna Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 4 “A Wolf in Chic Clothing”
- “Talk About It” by Jungle (00:00): Anna informs a group of male realtors about Church Missions House. They enter the building. Anna discusses her foundation.
- “Milk It” by Rony Rex & Carla Monroe (00:20): The Inventing Anna soundtrack song scores a sequence at Micheline’s Restaurant. Alan (Anthony Edwards) arrives and seems nervous. Anna discusses her ADF event.
- “100 Miles and Running” by Logic feat. Wale & John Lindahl (00:32): Alan looks at a painting with Anna. He kisses his wife during a transition sequence. Alan receives a phone call from Peter Hennecke, who is later revealed to be a fake person.
- “Ghost (Kamen x Ritmo Raid)” by Naomi August (00:35): Alan and his wife enjoy a night on the town. They meet with their daughter at a restaurant.
- “Unstatus Quo” by Duckwrth (00:40): Anna prepares for a Berkshire Hathaway event. She meets a private jet CEO named Ron Wheaton (Usama Siddiquee). The Inventing Anna soundtrack song plays as Garner’s character arranges for a trip to Omaha, Nebraska.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Five Days at Memorial’
Inventing Anna Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 5 “Check Out Time”
- Get Creative” by lau.ra & Nova (00:00): The Inventing Anna soundtrack song scores the beginning of the episode. Neff arrives at 12 George. She prepares for work in a locker room.
- “Harley Quinn” by Princess Nokia (00:17): Neff helps Anna make ferry and lunch arrangements. Garner’s character conducts a meeting. She discusses the face of New York Social Club.
- “She a Bad One” by Robyn the Bank (00:19): Neff tells Vivian about being “the power behind the throne.” Anna continues giving big tips at 12 George. Neff makes special arrangements for an important guest.
- “Attitude” by Lewis OfMan (00:27): Neff recalls attending a “magical” party with Anna. She describes it as “next-level balling.” The Inventing Anna soundtrack song continues as Anna introduces Neff to her business colleagues.
- “Woo” by Wande (00:35): Kacy Duke (Laverne Cox) leads a workout session. Neff struggles while Anna looks at her phone. Kacy urges her clients to experience the beauty of the moment.
- “WTF (Where They From)” by Missy Elliott Feat. Pharrell Williams (00:37): Neff speaks with Vivian about Anna’s business hustle. The music scores a flashback sequence. Anna looks at her phone while friends drink booze at a bar.
- “Leon On” by Major Lazer feat. MØ & DJ Snake (00:39): Anna pulls out a bottle of champagne in a sauna. She looks at her phone in a transition sequence. The Inventing Anna soundtrack song plays as Neff and her new friends take a group selfie.
Read More at VV — Know the Voice Cast: ‘Apollo 10 1/2’
Inventing Anna Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 6 “Friends in Low Places”
- “Dark Side (Jon Pegnato Remix)” by Wake the Wild feat. Naiim (00:04): Kacy wakes up in her bedroom. She arrives at work and trains clients. The music drops as Kacy meets with Anna and Rachel.
- “Look Whachu Done 2 Me” by Mint Condition (00:06): Kacy plans for a Morocco trip. She speaks with her boyfriend Martin. The Inventing Anna soundtrack song continues as Kacy says that she needs to sleep.
- “170 Kg” by Don Bigg (00:09): Anna and company arrive in Morocco. The music fades as they receive a property tour.
- “East West” by Omer Agca (00:11): Kacy tours a property. She is greeted with a tray of champagne. Rachel takes in the moment.
- “Nails, Hair, Hips, Heels” by Todrick Hall (00:17): Kacy spends six days in bed. An instrumental version of the Inventing Anna soundtrack song plays. Anna posts several pictures on Instagram.
- “Can’t Break My Vibe” by Hot Kick (00:55): Vivian works on her Anna obsession wall. She calls Rachel and asks to speak about her Morocco trip. The music continues during a montage sequence.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Keep Breathing’
Inventing Anna Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 7 “Cash on Delivery”
- “Shimmy” by Lil Wayne feat. Doja Cat (00:00): The Inventing Anna soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. Vivian speaks with her colleagues. She doesn’t understand why Rachel won’t talk about her experiences with Anna.
- “No Sweat” by Jessie Reyez (00:03): Vivian begins writing a feature about Anna. She puts on her headphones and focuses. Vivian writes about how Anna’s story started with money.
- “2X2” by Kiki Riggs (00:05): The music scores a social media montage. Various people comment on Rachel’s Morocco photos on Instagram.
- “First Class Bitch” by Confidence Man (00:10): Rachel stresses out at work. Clara inquires about her demeanor. Rachel texts with Anna as the Inventing Anna soundtrack song continues.
- “Queen” by Stella Mwangi (00:27): Kacy trains a client named Nicole. Rachel arrives in tears. Kacy knows that something happened with Anna.
- “Drinks” by Cyn (00:38): Rachel cries while speaking with her Vanity Fair bosses. Anna stands outside the restaurant Nello. She makes a phone call and tries to reach Alan.
Read More at VV — Know the Cast: ‘The Bubble’
Inventing Anna Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 8 “Too Rich for Her Blood”
- “WOW (Look At Me)” by CHAII (00:00): Vivian thinks about her Anna feature. The Inventing Anna soundtrack song plays during a social media montage.
- “What D’You Know About Me?” by Jungle (00:06): A prison guard congratulates Vivian for having a baby. Anna walks away and grins. The music scores a flashback airport sequence.
- “The Pines” by 070 Shake (00:14): Anna drinks wine in a hotel room. She pops some pills and consumes more alcohol. Anna takes a selfie and receives a text from Rachel.
- “Lightswitch” by CHAII (00:32): Young Anna roams a lunchroom during a flashback sequence. She stares at classmates and looks for a place to sit. The Inventing Anna soundtrack song plays as Anna gets teased; the music can be heard again at 00:38.
- “Passcode” by Jannine Weigel (00:46): Anna finishes a conversation with Andrew. She thinks about checking into a rehab facility. The song scores a Malibu montage as Anna arrives at Passages.
- “I’m Good” by Dizzy Fae (01:00:00): Anna sits in handcuffs on an airplane. Catherine announces indictment charges. Anna spots her lawyer Todd and takes mugshot photos.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Black Bird’
Inventing Anna Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 9 “Dangerously Close”
- “Best Friend” by Saweetie feat. Doja Cat (00:13): The Inventing Anna soundtrack song scores a slo-mo sequence. The title character arrives for a court appearance in style. Anna poses for photographers.
- “Fight Like a Man” by Angie Rose (00:19): Neff promotes Anna’s courtroom style on Instagram. The account “annadelveycourtfashion” gains followers. Alan testifies against Anna.
- “YES!” by KYLE feat. K CAMP & Rich The Kid (01:17:00): Anna says goodbye to Vivian. She says that she looks good and lost some weight. The Inventing Anna soundtrack song scores a series-ending epilogue sequence.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Drama, Netflix Originals, Soundtracks of Television, Streaming Originals
You must be logged in to post a comment.