The A Perfect Pairing soundtrack includes music by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, Jet and The Vines. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Stuart McDonald’s 2022 Netflix movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
A Perfect Pairing stars Victoria Justice as Lola, an American wine distributor who travels to Australia for a business pitch. Adam Demos co-stars as Max, the “boss cocky” at an Australian sheep station. The storyline follows Lola as she lands a temporary job and develops a romantic relationship. Composer Nerida Tyson-Chew (The Deep) scored the 101-minute Netflix film; music supervisor Jess Moore (Offspring) handled the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in A Perfect Pairing.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Toscana’
A Perfect Pairing Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Netflix Movie
- “Traveling Song” by Timber Bones (00:11:00): Lola speaks with her father, Carlos (Antonio Alvarez). The A Perfect Pairing soundtrack song plays as she decides to visit Australia. “Traveling Song” continues during a Waratah Station montage.
- “Blood” by The Middle East (00:36:00): Lola chats with Max about her “knack for telling wine’s story.” The characters walk together at Waratah Station. Lola breathes heavy in bed during a transition sequence.
- “Home” by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros (00:43:00): Max plays a guitar. Lola sings along and entertains co-workers during a night sequence. The A Perfect Pairing soundtrack song scores the film’s final moments and end credits at 01:34:00.
- “Geronimo” by Sheppard (00:48:00): Lola enters a sheep shed. Max alerts his employees by saying “Ducks on the Pond.” Kylie (Natalie Abbott) gives orders to Lola; someone turns up the stereo volume.
- “Missing Piece” by Vance Joy (00:54:00): Lola and Max ride motorbikes together. They guide sheep and have “a little adventure.” The music continues as Max takes Lola to Sybylla’s favorite spot.
- “Are You Gonna Be My Girl” by Jet (00:59:00): The A Perfect Pairing soundtrack song scores a bar sequence. Lola hangs out with Breeze (Luca Sardelis) and other roommates. She hollers out, “More drinks!”
- “Ride” by The Vines (01:03:00): Lola and company play darts with Henry (Jayden Popik). They accuse their opponent of cheating. A fight breaks out as the music plays.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘The Valet’
The A Perfect Pairing soundtrack also includes:
- “Machinery” by Abram Shook
- “Pool Party” by Julia Jacklin
- “Do It Like Me” by The Gibb Brothers
- “Kids Fallin’ in Love” by Dope Lemon
- “Gates of Brandenburg” by Simon Anderson
- “Feeling Fine” by Bob Bradley & Gavin McGrath
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.