The A Perfect Pairing soundtrack includes music by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, Jet and The Vines. This info article contains spoilers for Stuart McDonald’s 2022 Netflix movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
A Perfect Pairing stars Victoria Justice as Lola, an American wine distributor who travels to Australia for a business pitch. Adam Demos co-stars as Max, the “boss cocky” at an Australian sheep station. The storyline follows Lola as she lands a temporary job and develops a romantic relationship. Composer Nerida Tyson-Chew (The Deep) scored the 101-minute Netflix film; music supervisor Jess Moore (Offspring) handled the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in A Perfect Pairing.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Toscana’
A Perfect Pairing Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Netflix Movie
- “Traveling Song” by Timber Bones (00:11:00): Lola speaks with her father, Carlos (Antonio Alvarez). The A Perfect Pairing soundtrack song plays as she decides to visit Australia. “Traveling Song” continues during a Waratah Station montage.
- “Blood” by The Middle East (00:36:00): Lola chats with Max about her “knack for telling wine’s story.” The characters walk together at Waratah Station. Lola breathes heavy in bed during a transition sequence.
- “Home” by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros (00:43:00): Max plays a guitar. Lola sings along and entertains co-workers during a night sequence. The A Perfect Pairing soundtrack song scores the film’s final moments and end credits at 01:34:00.
- “Geronimo” by Sheppard (00:48:00): Lola enters a sheep shed. Max alerts his employees by saying “Ducks on the Pond.” Kylie (Natalie Abbott) gives orders to Lola; someone turns up the stereo volume.
- “Missing Piece” by Vance Joy (00:54:00): Lola and Max ride motorbikes together. They guide sheep and have “a little adventure.” The music continues as Max takes Lola to Sybylla’s favorite spot.
- “Are You Gonna Be My Girl” by Jet (00:59:00): The A Perfect Pairing soundtrack song scores a bar sequence. Lola hangs out with Breeze (Luca Sardelis) and other roommates. She hollers out, “More drinks!”
- “Ride” by The Vines (01:03:00): Lola and company play darts with Henry (Jayden Popik). They accuse their opponent of cheating. A fight breaks out as the music plays.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘The Valet’
The A Perfect Pairing soundtrack also includes:
- “Machinery” by Abram Shook
- “Pool Party” by Julia Jacklin
- “Do It Like Me” by The Gibb Brothers
- “Kids Fallin’ in Love” by Dope Lemon
- “Gates of Brandenburg” by Simon Anderson
- “Feeling Fine” by Bob Bradley & Gavin McGrath
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.