The Keep Breathing soundtrack includes music by Sam Cooke, The Rolling Stones and Patsy Cline. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Martin Gero and Brendan Gall’s 2022 Netflix miniseries. Visit the Soundtracks of Television section for more Vague Visages music guides.
Keep Breathing stars Melissa Barrera as Liv, a lawyer who crashes in Canada’s Northwest Territories. Jeff Wilbusch co-stars as Danny, the protagonist’s love interest who appears during flashback sequences. The storyline follows Liv as she thinks about her life while trying to survive in the wildnerness. Composer Blake Neely (Riverdale) scored the six-episode Netflix miniseries; music supervisor Aamina Gant (Colin in Black & White) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Keep Breathing.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘D.B. Cooper: Where Are You?!’
Keep Breathing Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 1 “Arrivals”
- “Feel It (Don’t Fight It)” by Sam Cooke (00:10): The Keep Breathing soundtrack song scores a bar sequence. Liv speaks with Ruth (Getenesh Berhe). She gets left alone with Danny.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Resident Evil’
Keep Breathing Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 2 “Fire & Water”
- “Feel It (Don’t Fight It)” by Sam Cooke (00:00): A bar scene from episode 1 continues. Liv chats with Danny. They bet on a dart game as the Keep Breathing soundtrack song plays.
- “Sudden Stop” by Percy Sledge (00:04): Liv has dinner with Danny. They talk about the ethics of their work. Liv says, “Nice is a liability.”
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Longest Night’
Keep Breathing Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 3 “Hierarchy of Needs”
- “Rhapsody in Blue” by Royal Philharmonic Orchestra & Alberto Lizzio (00:00): The Keep Breathing soundtrack song accompanies the opening sequence. A montage of global images begins. Liv thinks about her life.
- “Home, Home on the Range” by Daniel E. Kelley and Brewster M. Higley (00:11): Liv sits by a fire. She imagines Sam whistling the classic Old West tune. The music is sung at 00:25.
- “I Want a Little Sugar in My Bowl” by Nina Simone (00:12): Liz drinks a glass of water. The track plays during a transition sequence. Young Liv (Joselyn Picard) speaks with her father, Tomás (Juan Pablo Espinosa).
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Terminal List’
Keep Breathing Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 4 “Departures”
- “Our House” by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young (00:06): The Keep Breathing soundtrack song plays during a flashback sequence. Lucia (Florencia Lozano) listens to music and paints. Young Liv inquires about her father’s whereabouts; the track can be heard again at 00:27.
- “If You Wanna Do a Dance” by Spinners (00:17): The track accompanies a bar scene. Liv looks at a juke box. She greets Danny as the music plays.
- “Wild Horses” by The Rolling Stones (00:18): A bar scene continues. Liv speaks with Danny. She explains how she became interested in being a lawyer.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Bear’
Keep Breathing Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 5 “Awake & Dreaming”
- “Easy” by Mata Hari (00:11): Liv approaches a door during a dream sequence. The Keep Breathing soundtrack song plays as Lucia paints. Young Liv dances with her mother.
- “Idontknow” by Jamie xx (00:16): Liv visits a club with Ruth. She looks around the venue. Liv spots Danny across the room.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Black Bird’
Keep Breathing Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 6 “You Are Home”
- “She’s Got You” by Patsy Cline (00:08): Liv thinks during a forest scene. She imagines a moment from her childhood. Young Liv paints and receives advice from her father.
- “Dead Letter and the Infinite Yes” by Mappe Of (00:31): Liv floats down a river. She clings to a log and closes her eyes. The Keep Breathing soundtrack song continues as Liv is rescued and resuscitated.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.