The Resident Evil soundtrack includes music by Billie Eilish, Sex Pistols and Dua Lipa. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Andrew Dabb’s Netflix series. Visit the Soundtracks of Television section for more Vague Visages music guides.
Resident Evil stars Ella Balinska as Jade Wesker, a woman who researches mutant humans in 2036. Tamara Smart co-stars as Young Jade Wesker, a 14-year-old version of the protagonist who learns about a corporate conspiracy with her sister, Billie (Siena Agudong), in 2022. The storyline follows dual narratives in which the focal siblings learn the truth about their scientist father. Composer Gregory Reveret (Teen Wolf) scored the Netflix series; music supervisor Justin Kamps (Bridgerton) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Resident Evil, an adaptation of the Capcom video game.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Bridgerton’
Resident Evil Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 1 “Welcome to New Raccoon City”
- “Oxytocin” by Billie Eilish (00:10): The Resident Evil soundtrack song plays during a New Raccoon City sequence in 2022. Young Jade and Young Billie wear headphones during a car ride. The siblings observe their new neighborhood.
- “Faith” by Ghost (00:18): Young Jade plays music in her bedroom. Young Billie talks with Albert (Lance Reddick). Young Jade gives a blood sample to her father.
- “Ugly Ending” by Best Frenz, Joywave & Jason Suwito (00:31): Young Billie sits by herself at school. Mrs. Morgan (Adrienne Pearce) arrives. The music fades as Young Billie opens her locker.
- “Devil” by Two Feet (00:40): Young Billie rides a moped. She arrives at Umbrella. Young Billie receives a three-hour pass.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Black Bird’
Resident Evil Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 2 “The Devil You Know”
- “Beautiful Liar” by X Ambassadors (00:27): Young Jade watches her father. The Resident Evil soundtrack song continues as she searches for online information about an Umbrella factory in Tijuana. Young Jade discovers that a website about “The Truth” has been blocked.
- “Bodies” by Sex Pistols (00:34): Young Jade arrives at Perseverance Tavern. She walks around the establishment. Young Jade tells a bartender that she was sent by Barry (Nicky Rebelo).
- “The Tradition” by Halsey (00:44): Young Billie looks at herself in a mirror. She spits out blood. The track scores the episode’s final moments.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Terminal List’
Resident Evil Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 3 “The Light”
- “Into Dust” by Mazzy Star (00:07): Albert conducts a test. The Resident Evil soundtrack song plays as he looks at cells through a microscope. Young Billie stresses out in her bedroom.
- “Human” by TBA (00:43): Young Jade hugs Young Billie. Enya (Genna Galloway) clings to Liam (Caleb Payne) during a transition scene. Jade says, “He’s not yours anymore.”
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Bear’
Resident Evil Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 4 “The Turn”
- “Next Level” by Aespa (00:14): The Resident Evil soundtrack song scores a party sequence. Young Jade walks with Young Billie. They watch Simon (Connor Gosatti) perform a skateboard stunt.
- “Don’t Start Now” by Dua Lipa (00:16): Young Billie walks with Simon’s skateboard. She performs a stunt as the music continues. Young Jade chats with Simon.
- “Feels Just Like It Should” by Jamiroquai (00:28): The track scores a fight sequence. Richard Baxter (Turlough Convery) takes on a group of Zeroes. He says, “Did you see that, Jade?”
- “Burning Bridges” by Sigrid (00:30): The Resident Evil soundtrack song plays during a party sequence. Young Jade finds Young Billie. The sisters talk about Simon.
- “Maniac” by Conan Gray (00:32): A party sequence continues. Angel Rubio (Pedro de Tavira Egurrola) looks for Young Jade. Partygoers clear out because of a “narc.”
- “Out of My Mind” by Reuben and the Dark (00:46): Angel tries to make a deal with Evelyn Marcus (Paola Núñez). Albert drives in his vehicle. Jade flees from Zeroes with Richard.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Old Man’
Resident Evil Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 5 “Home Movies”
- “Piece of My Mind” by BROODS (00:08): Young Jade and Young Billie look through their father’s bedroom. The Resident Evil soundtrack song continues as they talk about a book. Young Jade finds a dog whistle.
- “Moonlight Sonata” by Ludwig van Beethoven (00:18): Young Jade reaches an epiphany. She remembers one of her father’s favorite songs. Young Jade plays the piano while talking with Young Billie.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘You Don’t Know Me’
Resident Evil Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 6 “Someone’s Little Girl”
- “Get Out” by YONAKA (00:09): Billie removes a tracking device from her sister’s arm. The Resident Evil soundtrack song plays as Jade runs away. She takes a bag containing a severed head.
- “Symphony No. 5” by Ludwig van Beethoven (00:29): Jade attends a recital. Bea (Ella Zieglmeier) plays a piano with Arjun Batra (Ahad Raza Mir). Jade gets up and leaves.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘First Kill’
Resident Evil Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 7 “Parasite”
- “Where the Party At” by Jagged Edge (00:00): The Resident Evil soundtrack song accompanies the opening sequence. Bert finds a shrimp curry burrito in a microwave. Alby takes off his headphones.
- “Lazy Mary (Luna Mezzo Mare)” by Lou Monte (00:26): The track plays during a fast food sequence. Young Jade and Young Billie read a text from Simon. Bert eats breadsticks.
- “Don’t Start Now” by Dua Lipa (00:39): Jade looks around at Umbrella. Evelyn appears and begins singing. Billie reveals that she’s in control of the Umbrella CEO.
- “My Heart Has Teeth” by Deadmau5 feat. Skylar Grey (00:46): Young Jade looks at Young Billie. The track scores a transition sequence. Zeroes descend upon Umbrella; Jade and Billie hold hands.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Surviving Summer’
Resident Evil Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 8 “Revelations”
- “Noir” by Yelle (00:18): The Resident Evil soundtrack song plays during a kitchen sequence. Simon talks with his mother. Young Jade arrives and asks for help.
- “On the Floor” by Perfume Genius (00:19): Simon’s mother continues cooking. She cuts her finger. Bloods drips onto cucumber slices.
- “Die Zauberflote, K. 620, Act II: Der Holle Rache Kocht In Meinem Herzen (The Magic Flute)” by Karola Agay (00:23): A drone shoots at a group of Zeroes. Billie smiles during a slo-mo shot. The music ends as several Zeroes drop to the ground.
- “When I Was Older” by Billie Eilish (00:54): Albert makes the ultimate sacrifice. Young Jade and Young Billie run from Umbrella and stand next to Bert. The Resident Evil soundtrack song scores the season’s final moments.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.