The First Kill soundtrack includes music by Sade, Shania Twain and Billie Eilish. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Victoria Schwab’s Netflix series. Visit the Soundtracks of Television section for more Vague Visages music guides.
First Kill stars Sarah Catherine Hook as Juliette Fairmont, a Georgia teenager and member of a vampire family. Imani Lewis co-stars as Calliope “Cal” Burns, Juliette’s love interest and member of a vampire-hunting family. The storyline follows the main protagonists as they develop a romantic relationship during a power struggle in Savannah. Composer Kurt Farquhar (The Neighborhood) scored the Netflix series; music supervisor Ashley Neumeister (American Soul) handled the featured needle-drops; singer Stephanie Mabey recorded the theme track, “The Zombie Song.” Here’s every song in First Kill.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘God’s Favorite Idiot’
First Kill Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 1 “First Kiss”
- “Hopprock” by Madlib (00:01): The First Kill soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. Juliette dreams of a thirsty encounter. The music drops as she wakes up.
- “Insane” by Kinney (00:02): Juliette walks down a staircase. She enters the room of Elinor (Gracie Dzienny) and looks in a mirror. Juliette applies lipstick to her mouth.
- “Before He Cheats” by Carrie Underwood (00:04): Juliette exits her home. Ben Wheeler (Jonas Dylan Allen) waits in a vehicle. The track plays as the characters cruise around Savannah.
- “Panty Drop” by Zorro (00:07): The First Kill soundtrack song accompanies a Lancaster Academy montage sequence. Ben offers to pick up Juliette for a party. They walk through a school hallway.
- “Curious” by Shameka Dwight (00:08): Juliette gazes at Cal. She pretends to read during a “Good Books” event. Juliette fails to start a conversation with Cal.
- “Don’t Assume What You Don’t Know” by Grace VanderWaal (00:16): A Savannah montage begins. Juliette enters her home. The music drops as Margot (Elizabeth Mitchell) walks into her daughter’s bedroom.
- “Lil’ Drop” by MASA & J.Kelr (00:17): Juliette plays a song and lies down in her bed. She closes her eyes and smiles. The First Kill soundtrack song continues as Juliette thinks about Cal.
- “Burden Down” by NineOneOne (00:20): Elinor combs Juliette’s hair. She says that it’s ok to be nervous about a first kill. Juliette suggests that she doesn’t want to change.
- “Live It Up” by Dario Comuzzi & Michelle L. Ojeda (00:22): Elinor tells Juliette to always finish what she starts. The siblings look at their reflections in a mirror. Juliette holds a container of Heart Stopper 23.
- “Slumber Party” by Ashnikko feat. Princess Nokia (00:23): Ben tells Juliette that it’s time for her to fly. The First Kill soundtrack song scores a party sequence. Juliette hooks up with Cal.
- “Geaux” by MK xyz (00:27): The track plays during a Savannah montage. Cal narrates about how the world treats teenage girls. She rides a bike down a street.
- “Sneak Dissin'” by SuNWhoa Love (00:31): Theo (Phillip Mullings, Jr.) drives past Leopold’s Ice Cream with Apollo (Dominic Goodman) and Cal. Music plays from within the vehicle. The siblings talk about their Guild responsibilities.
- “I Still Taste Fire” by Stephanie Mabey (00:34): Cal narrates about her brothers. Theo and Apollo hunt vampires. The First Kill soundtrack song continues as Cal narrates about failing during her “first shot.”
- “Soldier of Love” by Sade (00:41): Cal finishes a phone call. She writes on her arm with a marker. Cal wraps her hands and hits a punching bag.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Intimacy’
First Kill Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 2 “First Blood”
- “I Think You’re the Devil” by Ellee Duke (00:01): Juliette kisses Cal as the episode begins. She narrates about Newton’s third law. Juliette falls after being stabbed by Cal.
- “Love Love” by The Mighty Tears of Joy (00:16): Cal gets out of her bed. The First Kill soundtrack song scores a transition scene. Elinor speaks with Malcolm (Adam Fristoe).
- “Devil Knows My Name” by Tay Steinberg, Harel Tsemah & Ben Goldstein (00:26): Theo and Apollo arrive at a bar. They meet with Clayton Cook (Joseph D. Reitman) of the Guild. Apollo gets upset about being called “Mr. Sticky Fingers.”
- “Temporal Anomaly” by TK Rhodes feat. Bad Owl (00:32): The track scores a sequence at the Wooden Stake. Elinor hooks up with a man in a bathroom. She rides him in a stall and bites his neck.
- “The Tower” by Merry Ellen Kirk (00:34): Juliette attends a memorial service for Ashley Stanton (Sarah Stipe). Her heart thumps as the First Kill soundtrack song plays. Juliette wipes a blood tear.
- “Tug O War” by Shameka Wright (00:35): Juliette leaves a memorial service. Cal chases after her. The music scores a fight sequence.
- “Last Forever” by The Soul of John Black (00:38): Elinor visits a bar. She watches a TV news report. Elinor chats with Apollo about Ashley’s death.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Surviving Summer’
First Kill Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 3 “First Thrill”
- “Chasing the Thrill” by Leslie Mendelson (00:01): The First Kill soundtrack song accompanies the opening sequence. Cal dreams and imagines a serpent. She narrates about being being guided by her instincts.
- “Effortless” by FVB (00:08): Juliette finishes a conversation with Elinor. She tries on a black dress. Juliette says, “I look like I sleep in a coffin.”
- “Send Me to Hell” by The Barrows (00:11): Ben listens to music in his vehicle. Juliette arrives and say that he looks like a “two-year-old.” Ben turns off the music.
- “Big Stepper” by D’Anna Stewart feat. SunWhoa Love (00:13): Ben finishes a conversation with Juliette and drives away in disgust. The First Kill soundtrack song scores a transition sequence. Cal works out as her parents watch.
- “Hangin'” by Shameka Wright (00:17): Elinor says that she has a surprise for Juliette. A Savannah montage begins. Uncle Mike (Exie Booker) plays cards and talks about going from Blade Hunter to Helm status.
- “Castles in the Air” by Laura & Anton (00:22): Elinor attends a party with Juliette. Music plays lightly at the event. Juliette meets Eve (Maddison Bullock).
- “Wolves” by Timothy Oliver & Natalie Barowitz (00:23): Eve enters a vehicle. The First Kill soundtrack song continues as Elinor speaks with Juliette. She says, “I want you to drain her.”
- “Money Spell” by Govales (00:25): The camera shows a wide shot of the Georgia Queen. Mike speaks with Jack (Jason R. Moore) during a transition sequence. Cal holds a weapon.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Welcome to Eden’
First Kill Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 4 “First Date”
- “Suddenly” by Larisa Gosla (00:01): A time-lapse montage opens the episode. Juliette narrates about bad storms in Savannah. She falls during a chase scene.
- “Killer” by PoutyFace (00:10): Juliette attacks Clayton. Ben and Cal watch. The First Kill soundtrack song continues as Juliette bites Clayton’s neck.
- “Give My Life for You” by Matthew Santos (00:12): The track scores a bedroom scene. Margot takes care of Sebastian (Will Swenson). She allows him to drink from her wrist.
- “Live It Up” by Dario Comuzzi & Michelle L. Ojeda (00:28): Juliette attends an outdoors party with Cal. She complains about a headache. The characters go for a walk as Ben watches.
- “Alive” by The Spades feat. Bad Owl (00:31): Cal kisses Juliette. The First Kill soundtrack song scores an outdoors sequence. Cal and Juliette hook up by a tree.
- “Portland” by King Cassius & Zmny (00:32): Sebastian parks his vehicle. Music play from within the car. Sebastian confronts Ben.
- “‘Til You Say So” by Stephanie Mabey (00:37): Oliver (Dylan McNamara) jumps from a building. Juliette chases after Cal. They run away from Sebastian.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Clark’
First Kill Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 5 “First Love”
- “Jailbird” by Tiffany Lee (00:01): Juliette and Cal run away from Sebastian during the opening sequence. The First Kill soundtrack song continues as they arrive at Lancaster Academy. Cal narrates about “the insanity of first love.”
- “Too Late Too Little” by MA/SA (00:08): Juliette calls Margot. Cal reaches out to her mother, Talia (Aubin Wise). Both teenagers support each other during the calls.
- “Sweet Talk” by Tyra Chantey (00:10): Juliette and Cal finish their phone calls. They work on a school play. Ben asks to speak with Juliette.
- “Wait for You” by Jerry Torres & Dvid D. Dubourg (00:18): The First Kill soundtrack song scores a locker room sequence. Ben kisses Noah Harrington (Roberto Méndez). He takes a candid photo for “the spank bank.”
- “The Zombie Song” by Stephanie Mabey (00:25): Noah walks away from Ben. The series’ theme song scores a hallway sequence. Cal tells Juliette to stay focused.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The 7 Lives of Lea’
First Kill Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 6 “First Severing”
- “Last Woman Standing” by Moa L. M. Munoz & Ryan T. Short (00:01): Juliette narrates about humankind being connected by intimate experiences. Students walk outside Lancaster Academy. A woman reports about Noah’s death.
- “Miss You” by D’Anna Stewart (00:18): Cal throws a rock at Juliette’s window. She climbs up to her room. The First Kiss soundtrack song continues as Cal and Juliette talk about The Secret Garden.
- “Got It Like That” by Tamara Bubble (00:26): Ben speaks with his mother, Bunny (Annunziata Gianzero). The music scores a Savannah nightlife montage. Juliette takes a shot with Elinor.
- “Mad Gaal” by BEAM (00:26): Elinor dances with Juliette. She asks her to pretend like she doesn’t have a “raging UTI.” Elinor and Juliette have more shots.
- “bury a friend” by Billie Eilish (00:30): Elinor stumbles around with Juliette and a drunken man named Mark (Daniel Pera). She suggests playing a drinking game “Legacy-style” as the First Kill soundtrack song continues. Elinor and Juliette chomp into Mark’s wrists.
- “Dark Side” by JOLENE (00:32): Juliette tells Elinor that they don’t need to kill to survive. The latter character files away the driver’s licence of “Mark” aka Gabriel Levenbach in a storage room. Juliette stares at her sister.
- “Always” by Shameka Wright (00:34): Juliette hangs out with Ben. She asks about his hairstyle. Ben states that he is “gay spiraling” because of Noah’s death.
- “Call on the Moon” by D’Anna Stewart (00:42): The First Kill soundtrack song plays as Juliette meets with Cal. She inquires about a Girl Scout picture. Cal talks about frequently changing schools in the past.
- “Little Moon” by Gone Gone Beyond & The Human Experience (00:48): Juliette lies in a bed with Cal. They talk about “sneaking around.” Cal narrates and says, “Life is all about connections.”
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Heartstopper’
First Kill Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 7 “First Goodbye”
- “Murder Me” by Leslie Mendelson (00:01): A crime scene opens the episode. Cal narrates about various interpretations of a “monster.” Investigators question Ben at Lancaster Academy.
- “Breakout Season” by SuNWhoa Love (00:08): Theo meets with Apollo. The First Kill soundtrack song continues as he asks him to help with the ongoing zombie battle. Jack and Talia look at weapons.
- “In Too Deep” by Gone Gone Beyond & The Human Experience feat. Kat Factor (00:12): Talia agrees to help Juliette. Cal hugs Jack. She then holds Juliette as the scene ends.
- “Man! I Feel Like A Woman!” by Shania Twain (00:13): Bunny sings during an outdoor sequence. Ben shows up and turns off the music. Bunny explains her stake-building operation.
- “My Sweet Demise” by Sunny War & Particle Kid (00:19): The First Kill soundtrack song plays during a road sequence. Cal worries about “stealing” Apollo’s car. Juliette says, “I thought we were borrowing it.”
- “Fade into Oblivion” by Shameka Dwight (00:33): Juliette lies next to Cal. She talks about turning herself in. The camera circles around the characters during an overhead shot.
- “Lonely Fool” by 5 Alarm feat. Scarlett Burke (00:36): Elinor has a drink with Apollo. They hook up during a transition sequence. The music drops as Apollo closes a bathroom door.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Russian Doll’
First Kill Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 8 “First Betrayal”
- “Hush” by The Marías (00:05): The First Kill soundtrack song plays as Juliette cleans a bathroom. She covers up a crime scene. Juliette picks up a Heart Stopper 23 container.
- “The Devil’s Bride” by Jay Price (00:11): Elinor arrives at her home. The music drops as she exits her vehicle. Elinor complains about “sweet little” (Juliette) almost hitting her car.
- “A Love So True” by Sunny War (00:15): Jack and Talia have dinner with their children. They ask to speak privately with Cal. Apollo sits at the dinner table alone as the First Kill soundtrack song continues.
- “The Monster” by Heather Evans (00:19): Juliette sits with Oliver. Carmen (Walnette Santiago) arrives with a drink. Juliette gives Oliver a storage key.
- “Love Affair” by Shameka Dwight (00:51): Talia tells Vampire Theo that she loves him with her whole heart. Cal cries outside her home. Juliette breaks down while driving.
- “16 Shots” by Stefflon Don (00:56): Talia brings Vampire Theo to Oliver. They make their way to the backyard. The First Kill soundtrack song scores the end of the season as Oliver and Carmen introduce their “friends” to Theo.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Drama, Horror, Mystery, Netflix Originals, Soundtracks of Television, Streaming Originals
You must be logged in to post a comment.