The Heartstopper soundtrack includes music by Baby Queen, beabadoobee and Chairlift. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Alice Oseman’s Netflix series. Visit the Soundtracks of Television section for more Vague Visages music guides.
Heartstopper stars Joe Locke as Charlie Spring, a gay teenager who struggles with his self-confidence. Kit Connor co-stars as Nick Nelson, a rugby player at the Truham Grammar School for Boys who explores his sexuality. The coming-of-age story follows the protagonists as they develop a romantic relationship while resolving conflict with family members and friends. Composer Adiescar Chase (Britain’s Lost Walks) scored the British Netflix series; music supervisors Matt Biffa (Sex Education) and Ciara Elwis (I May Destroy You) assembled the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Heartstopper, an adaptation of Alice Oseman’s graphic novel series.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Anatomy of a Scandal’
Heartstopper Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 1
- “Want Me” by Baby Queen (00:00): The Heartstopper soundtrack song scores an opening school sequence. Charlie walks down a hallway wearing a grin. He sends a text to his secret love interest, Ben Hope (Sebastian Croft).
- “Lovesick” by Peace (00:13): Charlie gazes at Nick through a window. He runs during a transition sequence. The music continues as Nick sees Charlie as a competition frontrunner.
- “Dover Beach” by Baby Queen (00:16): Charlie enters a locker room. He plays rugby with Nick. Charlie gains confidence and receives advice from Tao Xu (William Gao).
- “Don’t Delete the Kisses” by Wolf Alice (00:21): Charlie says goodbye to Nick after rugby practice. The Heartstopper soundtrack song plays as he stops and stares. Nick receives a ride home from his mother, Sarah (Olivia Colman).
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘They Call Me Magic’
Heartstopper Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 2
- “Sappho” by Frankie Cosmos (00:01): Charlie plays the drums in his bedroom. He receives a text from Nick. The Heartstopper soundtrack song accompanies a texting sequence.
- “Girls” by girl in red (00:06): Elle (Yasmin Finney) finishes a conversation with a teacher. She watches classmates have fun. Tara (Corinna Brown) chuckles while talking with Darcy (Kizzy Edgell).
- “Dance with Me” by beabadoobee (00:13): Charlie and Nick go outside. They enjoy the falling snow. The Heartstopper soundtrack song continues as the characters have fun and pet Nellie the dog.
- “Why Am I Like This?” by Orla Gartland (00:26): Nick arrives at home. He checks his phone and looks at a social media account. Charlie texts with Tao.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Russian Doll’
Heartstopper Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 3
- “My Own Person” by Smoothboi Ezra (00:00): The Heartstopper soundtrack song plays during the opening scene. Nick browses the internet and wonders if he might be gay. He takes a “gay quiz” and closes his laptop.
- “Telephone” by Waterparks (00:05): Charlie arrives at a party. He walk up a staircase and looks at himself in a mirror. Nick socializes with classmates.
- “LUCID” by Rina Sawayama (00:07): Nick talks with Charlie at the party. Harry (Cormac Hyde-Corrin) shows up as the music fades. He informs Nick that Tara arrived.
- “Clearest Blue” by CHVRCHES (00:14): Nick navigates a dance area. He looks around for Charlie. Imogen (Rhea Norwood) arrives and dances with Nick.
- “Alaska” by Maggie Rogers (00:17): Nick and Charlie leave the party area. They go upstairs and run through a hallway. The Heartstopper soundtrack song fades as the characters enter a room.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Outer Range’
Heartstopper Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 4
- “What’s It Gonna Be?” by Shura (00:03): The Heartstopper soundtrack song scores an extended sequence. Nick worries about his “gay crisis.” He kisses Charlie during an exterior scene in the rain.
- “Heart” by Flor (00:11): Charlie worries about being a “stereotypical gay boy who can’t do sports.” He speaks with a teacher and re-focuses. Charlie works on his rugby skills.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Dirty Lines’
Heartstopper Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 5
- “nothing else i could do” by ella jane (00:00): Charlie plays Monopoly with friends. Tao Xu states that he is a “superior businessperson.” The Heartstopper soundtrack song continues as Isaac (Tobie Donovan) kicks the board off a cushion.
- “UrbanAngel1999” by Thomas Headon (00:00): Tao hangs out with Elle. He vows to protect Charlie from classmates. Tao performs “a piece of interpretive dance.”
- “If You Want To” by beabadoobee (00:07): Nick finishes a conversation with his mother. The music scores a bowling alley sequence. Charlie greets Nick.
- “Buzzkill” by Baby Queen (00:08): The Heartstopper soundtrack song accompanies a bowling scene. Charlie celebrates his birthday with Nick and company. Tao rolls his eyes while watching Nick.
- “Paper Mache World” by Matilda Mann (00:17): Charlie and Nick kiss at the bowling alley. They look around nervously and smile. Nick cancels plans with Imogen.
- “I Want to Be with You” by chloe moriondo (00:22): Nick opens up to Imogen. They hang out as friends during a transition scene. Harry teases Nick.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Girl from Plainville’
Heartstopper Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 6
- “Knock Me Off My Feet” by SOAK (00:12): Nick and Charlie do homework together. They joke around and talk about their friends. The Heartstopper soundtrack song plays as Nick reveals that he confirmed his romantic relationship with Nick to Tara.
- “Flirting with Her (Reprise)” by Sir Babygirl (00:24): Tara hangs out with Darcy. She says, “I just want to live my life.” The music sets in as Tara and Darcy kiss.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Bridgerton’
Heartstopper Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 7
- “Bang Bang Bang” by Lauren Hibberd (00:00): Charlie looks at a mirror as the episode begins. He checks his hair and speaks with his sister, Tori (Jenny Walser). The Heartstopper soundtrack song continues as Charlie prepares for a cinema gathering.
- “Tired” by beabadoobee (00:10): Nick talks with his mother in a vehicle. He acknowledges that Charlie is “a special friend.” The music continues during a bus scene.
- “Any Other Way” by Tomberlin (00:13): Charlie comforts Nick. He sits in the corner of an art room during a transition scene. The Heartstopper soundtrack song fades as Elle speaks with Tao.
- “Smokey Eyes” by Lincoln (00:21): Charlie and Nick discuss their relationship. A student arrives and says that Harry is fighting a “Year 10” (Tao) at the picnic tables. Charlie and Nick rush outside to watch; the music scores the episode’s final moments and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Pieces of Her’
Heartstopper Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 8
- “Our Window” by Noah and the Whale (00:07): Nick suggests that Tao should try playing rugby to release “negative emotions.” The Heartstopper soundtrack song continues during a transition sequence. Nick texts Charlie and wonders about the status of their relationship.
- “Because I Love You” by Montaigne (00:11): Mr. Ajayi (Fisayo Akinade) offers advice to Charlie. Tao learns that he has to participate in a running event. Coach Singh (Chetna Pandya) walks away as Charlie arrives.
- “Close to You” by Dayglow (00:14): A track and field event begins. Charlie cheers for Isaac. Tara and Darcy kiss.
- “Moment in the Sun” by Sunflower Bean (00:21): Nick opens up to Charlie. He says that he wants to continue their relationship. The music sets in as the characters kiss.
- “I Belong in Your Arms” by Chairlift (00:28): Nick comes out to his mother as a bisexual. He reveals that Charlie is his boyfriend. The Heartstopper soundtrack song scores a season-ending montage featuring Charlie and Nick; the music continues during the end credits.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.