The Batman soundtrack includes music by Nirvana, Al Martino and Dean Martin. This info article contains spoilers for Matt Reeves’ 2022 movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
In The Batman, a young Bruce Wayne (Robert Pattinson) vows to protect Gotham City. Meanwhile, The Riddler (Paul Dano) terrorizes the community and targets the crime boss Carmine Falcone (John Turturro). The storyline follows the title character as he embraces the darkness and develops a friendship with Selina Kyle aka Catwoman (Zoë Kravitz). Composer Michael Giacchino (Up) scored the 176-minute film; music supervisor George Drakoulias (Severance) handled the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in The Batman.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘All the Old Knives’
The Batman Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Movie
- “Ave Maria” by Tiffins Boys’ Choir (00:01:00): The Batman soundtrack song scores the opening scene. The Gotham City mayor, Don Mitchell Jr. (Rupert Penry-Jones), is murdered. The musical motif can be heard again at 01:30:00 and 02:21:00.
- “Something in the Way” by Nirvana (00:17:00): Batman speaks with James Gordon (Jeffrey Wright) at a crime scene. The music sets in as he makes eye contact with Don Mitchell Jr.’s traumatized son (Archie Barnes). The track plays again at 02:39:00.
- “Piano Concerto No. 5 in E Flat Major, OP. 73 ‘Emperor’: II. Adagio Un Poco Mosso” by Ludwig Van Beethoven (00:23:00): Bruce Wayne puts on a shirt. He walks down a staircase and speaks with Alfred Pennyworth (Andy Serkis). The Batman soundtrack song continues as the characters attempt to decode a message from The Riddler.
- “Requiem, OP. 48: 7. In Paradisum (I)” by Monteverdi Choir, Salisbury Cathedral Boys’ Choir, Orchestre Revolutionnaire et Romantique, John Eliot Gardiner (01:32:00): Alfred looks at a package. He spots text that reads “For Bruce Wayne’s Eyes Only.” Alfred realizes that it’s a bomb.
- “I Have But One Heart” by Al Martino (01:43:00): Bruce arrives at a building. The music plays as Carmine Falcone (John Turturro) enjoys a game of billiards and speaks with Briscoe. Oz aka The Penguin (Colin Farrell) talks to “Johnny Slick” (Bruce).
- “Volare (Nel Blu Di Pinto Di Blu) ” by Dean Martin (01:58:00): Carmine greets his daughter, Selina Kyle aka Catwoman (Zoë Kravitz). The Batman soundtrack song drops as the characters agree to speak alone.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Choose or Die’
The Batman soundtrack also includes:
- “Frisk” by Patrick Topping and Kevin Saunderson
- “Tesla” by Corvad
- “Hot 44” by Baauer
- “Troop” by Peggy Gou
- “Dido’s Lament” by Tiffins Boys’ Choir
- “Dark” by Alesso
- “Darkroom” by Peggy Gou
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.