The Intimacy soundtrack includes music by Death Valley Girls, Robyn and Cat Power. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Verónica Fernández and Laura Sarmiento’s Netflix series. Visit the Soundtracks of Television section for more Vague Visages music guides.
Intimacy stars Itziar Ituño as Malen Zubiri, a politician in Bibao, Spain who tries to recover from a sexual scandal. Patricia López Arnaiz co-stars as Bego, a woman who investigates the suicide of her sister, Ane (Verónica Echegui). The storyline follows Malen as she defends her honor and attempts to expose powerful and exploitative men who manipulate women in the community. Composer Aitor Etxebarria (The Radio Amateur) scored the Netflix series; music supervisor Paulina Márquez (Elite) picked the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Intimacy.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Surviving Summer’
Intimacy Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 1 “Lethal Media”
- “Dear Old Stockholm” by Alan Pasqua, Dave Carpenter & Peter Erskine Trio (00:12): The Intimacy soundtrack song scores a restaurant sequence. Malen has dinner with César (Eduardo Lloveras). They talk about erotic dreams.
- “Return to Nowhere” by Charlotte de Witte (00:19): Leire (Yune Nogueiras) arrives at a night club. She looks for her boyfriend, Xabi. The track drops and plays again at 00:21.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Welcome to Eden’
Intimacy Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 2 “Position/Exposure”
- “Disaster (Is What We’re After)” by Death Valley Girls (00:00): The Intimacy soundtrack song plays during the opening scene. Ane sings while driving to work. She turns up the volume and rocks out.
- “Kyrie” by Dobrogosz (00:24): A choir singer moans during a group practice. Alfredo calls him out. The group continues singing.
- “Mondo” by Operator Music Band (00:40): Leire navigates a party. She walks down a staircase and looks around. The music continues at 00:41.
- “Sunrise Mass I. The Spheres” by Westminster William Voices; Conducted by James Jordan
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Clark’
Intimacy Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 3 “Prosopagnosia”
- “Un soir chez Norris” by Pierre Cavalli (00:02): Malen drives to the beach. A radio DJ states that it’s “nostalgia time.” The Intimacy soundtrack song plays as Malen arrives at a beach home.
- “Forge Your Own Chains” by D.R. Hooker (00:06): Malen and César visit a restaurant. They have a drink after meeting for the first time. They talk about a Swedish restaurant.
- “Belo Horizonte” by Cari Cari (00:12): Malen arrives at a beach home. She surfs as the sun sets. César reveals that his last name is Barretxeguren.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The 7 Lives of Lea’
Intimacy Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 4 “The Fall”
- “The Feel” by Las Robertas (00:00): The Intimacy soundtrack song accompanies the opening sequence. Malen jogs as it rains. Miren informs her about César’s death.
- “Indestructible” by Robyn (00:29): Malen plays music at her home. She grabs two microphones and asks Leire to sing with her. The mother and daughter perform in front of a large karaoke screen.
- “Delusions” by Night Flight (00:33): Bego enters a coffee shop. Music plays from within the establishment. Bego speaks with Ane’s ex-boyfriend.
- “Aurresku” by Traditional (00:44): Malen watches a video on her phone. Her colleague Lezcan performs a traditional Basque dance. The Intimacy soundtrack song plays briefly.
- “Pen Pals” by The Dirac Sea
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Heartstopper’
Intimacy Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 5 “Acting”
- “Au début c’était le début” by The Limiñanas (00:12): The track scores a road sequence. Alfredo drives to a beach home with Leire. He pages through a book.
- “Astray” by Holograms (00:14): Alfredo plays the Intimacy soundtrack song on his phone. He looks through clothing in a bedroom. A radio anchor reports about a meeting between Malen and opposition leader Ander Olarriaga.
- “Esa Carita” by Rusowsky (00:29): Leire receives a message from Xabi. She watches a sex video that he secretly filmed. The song plays in the background.
- “Boom or Bust” by Blues Saraceno
- “Mirala” by Carlos Vertiz, Hector Ruiz
- “CAV090_13 RadioNews by Devine-King, Terry
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Russian Doll’
Intimacy Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 6 “Alone”
- “Hate” by Cat Power (00:00): The Intimacy soundtrack song scores the opening credits sequence. Miren investigates a sex video. She closes a laptop when her partner enters the room.
- “Black Water” by Apparat (00:08): Leire speaks with her father. She walks away as the music sets in. Leire jogs alone as Ane narrates.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Anatomy of a Scandal’
Intimacy Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 7 “Tomorrow”
- “Tristan Und Isolde, WWV 90 / Act 3: Mild Und Leise Wie Er Lächelt (Isoldes Liebestod)” by Richard Wagner (00:35): Bego hangs out with Kepa and his children. The opera music plays as she thinks about jumping on a trampoline. Ane narrates about her life.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Bridgerton’
Intimacy Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 8 “A Decision”
- “Uretan” by Alos Quartet & Izaro (00:38): Malen walks at a beach. She gazes at the horizon. The Intimacy soundtrack song continues as Malen imagines Ane sitting next to her.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.