The You Don’t Know Me soundtrack includes music by Burna Boy, Sampha and The Lijadu Sisters. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Sarmad Masud’s 2022 Netflix miniseries. Visit the Soundtracks of Television section for more Vague Visages music guides.
You Don’t Know Me stars Samuel Adewunmi as Hero, a London car salesman who defends himself during a murder trial. Sophie Wilde co-stars as Kyra, Hero’s girlfriend with ties to organized crime. The storyline follows the main protagonists as they strategize against Camden gangsters. Composer Adrian Johnston (The Strangers: Prey at Night) scored the Netflix miniseries; music supervisor Phil Canning (Four Lions) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in You Don’t Know Me, an adaptation of Imran Mahmood’s 2017 novel.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘God’s Favorite Idiot’
You Don’t Know Me Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 1
- “Soon Come” by Shy FX (00:05): Hero meets with a customer. The You Don’t Know Me soundtrack song plays as he narrates about his background. Jamil (Roger Nsengiyumva) arrives with two friends.
- “Visible Walls” by Kassa Overall (00:09): Hero talks about meeting Kyra. The music scores a flashback sequence. Hero watches Kyra read on a bus.
- “African Giant” by Burna Boy (00:13): Hero prepares for a dinner with Kyra. He navigates a grocery store and buys supplies. He sings while listening to music through headphones.
- “Weekend Waiting” by Leisure Dub (00:13): The You Don’t Know Me soundtrack song scores a cooking sequence. Hero prepares a meal at home. He struggles and keeps starting over.
- “Why Can’t We Live Together” by Timmy Thomas (00:14): Hero pours spaghetti carbonara onto a plate. He sighs and looks at Kyra. Hero serves his meal and admits that he went through 42 eggs.
- “Crianca Boa” by Luiz Gabriel Lopes (00:18): Kyra opens her front door. She receives flowers from Hero. The music plays as the characters talk about books in Kyra’s home.
- “Some Other Thing” by John Glacier (00:23): Hero narrates about Kyra. The You Don’t Know Me soundtrack song plays as he talks about her sisterly friendship with Bless (Bukky Bakray). The three characters laugh while eating together.
- “Umdali” by Sibusile Xaba (00:25): Hero organizes Kyra’s books. He measures them as someone rings the doorbell. A man tells Kyra that her brother was stabbed in prison, and that she needs to pay her debt.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Intimacy’
You Don’t Know Me Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 2
- “Without” by Sampha (00:30): Hero narrates about “bad situations.” He decides to think about “better days.” The music continues as Hero runs and reflects about having “space to breathe.”
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Surviving Summer’
You Don’t Know Me Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 3
- “The Loser” by Derrick Harriott (00:10): Hero hopes to find money in a trap house. The You Don’t Know Me soundtrack song plays as he walks through a building. Hero arrives at a drug den.
- “Orere-Elejigbo” by The Lijadu Sisters (00:22): Curt (Tuwaine Barrett) talks with Bless during a flashback sequence. They eat and chat about chicken. Hero narrates about Bless liking Curt “right away.”
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘First Kill’
You Don’t Know Me Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 4
- No Featured Songs
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Welcome to Eden’
You Don’t Know Me released June 17, 2022 on Netflix. The miniseries originally aired in December 2021 on BBC One.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Crime, Drama, Netflix Originals, Soundtracks of Television, Streaming Originals
You must be logged in to post a comment.