The D.B. Cooper: Where Are You soundtrack includes music by Peter Leslie Smith, Ray LaMongtagne and Pilot. This info article contains spoilers for Marina Zenovich’s 2022 Netflix docuseries. Visit the Soundtracks of Television section for more Vague Visages music guides.
D.B. Cooper: Where Are You chronicles the November 1971 hijacking of Northwest Orient Airlines Flight 305. A passenger known only as Dan Cooper escaped with $200,000 after parachuting from a Boeing 727. The four-episode production identifies several possible suspects as private investigators search for more clues. Music supervisor Aminé Ramer (Faking It) selected the featured needle-drops for the Netflix docuseries. Here’s every song in D.B. Cooper: Where Are You.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Resident Evil’
D.B. Cooper: Where Are You Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 1 “Take the Money and Jump”
- “Laurel Canyon” by Peter Leslie Smith (00:10): The D.B. Cooper: Where Are You soundtrack song plays during a retro sequence. Days of Rage author Bryan Burroughs talks about the lack of airport security during the 1970s. Author Geoffrey Gray (Skyjack: The Hunt for D.B. Cooper) explains how Cooper casually bought an airline ticket before hijacking a plane.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Persuasion’
D.B. Cooper: Where Are You Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 2 “Innocent Men Don’t Hide in Storage Bins”
- “Back to the Country” by Baby (00:04): The track plays during an army-themed sequence. D.B. Cooper suspect Robert Rackstraw joins the military. Rick Sherwood talks about his Vietnam War experiences in 1969.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘The Sea Beast’
D.B. Cooper: Where Are You Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 3 “Seeing Jesus in the Toast”
- “You Are the Best Thing” by Ray LaMontagne (00:02): The D.B. Cooper: Where Are You soundtrack song scores a sequence in Los Angeles 2016. Tom Colbert talks about tightening up a pitch for The History Channel. Mark S. Said remembers when the network agreed to finance a D.B. Cooper documentary.
- “Canada” by Pilot (00:42): The case leads investigators to Canada. The music scores the episode’s final moments and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Valley of the Dead’
D.B. Cooper: Where Are You Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 4 “Cooperland”
- “TBA” by TBA (00:02): A CooperCon sequence begins. Founder and organizer Eric Ulis talks about Northwest lore. The D.B. Cooper: Where Are You soundtrack song continues as the aforementioned Gray talks about Cooper fans suffering from “the same ailment.”
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Crime, Documentary, Netflix Originals, Soundtracks of Television, Streaming Originals
You must be logged in to post a comment.