The Valley of the Dead soundtrack includes music by Giuseppe Verdi, The Ink Spots and John Carpenter. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Alberto de Toro and Javier Ruiz Caldera’s Netflix movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Valley of the Dead stars Miki Esparbé as Jan, a Spanish army captain who fights zombies during the Spanish Civil War. Aura Garrido co-stars as Matacuras aka Priest-Killer, a militia member who assists the main protagonist. The storyline follows Jan and his crew as they strategize against zombies and Nazis. Composer Javier Rodero (It’s for Your Own Good) scored the 101-minute Netflix film, which includes just five credited tracks. Here’s every song in Valley of the Dead, an adaptation of Manuel Martín Ferreras’ novel Noche de Difuntos del 38.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Black Bird’
Valley of the Dead Soundtrack: Every Song in the Netflix Movie
- “Fiesta Paso Doble” by Cavendish Music (00:00:00): The Valley of the Dead soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. Bells ring from a church as the camera lowers to a dining area. A family poses for a photograph.
- “Il Trovatore — Ah Si Ben Mio” by Giuseppe Verdi (00:10:00): Decruz (Manel Llunell) drives through a wooded region. Jan snores in the passenger seat. Decruz stops upon spotting a group of armed men.
- “My Prayer” by The Ink Spots (00:43:00): Jan turns on a radio. The Valley of the Dead soundtrack song scores an interior sequence. Jan and company strategize together.
- “Farewell Slayer” by John Carpenter (01:33:00): Jan rides a motorcycle with Matacuras. They stop and briefly talk about the immediate future. Matacuras rides off on her motorcycle after refusing to reveal her name.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Terminal List’
The Valley of the Dead soundtrack also includes:
- “Grabación Banda Sonora” by Sofia Session Orchestra & Choir
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.