The In From the Cold soundtrack includes music by Pussy Riot, Sharon Van Etten and Harvey Danger. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Adam Glass’ Netflix series. Visit the Soundtracks of Television section for more Vague Visages music guides.
In From the Cold stars Margarita Levieva as Jenny Franklin, a former Russian spy who lives in America. Cillian O’Sullivan co-stars as Chauncey, a rogue CIA agent who discovers Jenny’s true identity. The storyline follows the protagonists as they track down terrorists in Madrid, Spain. Composer Tori Letzler (Picture Perfect Mysteries) scored the Netflix series; music supervisor Michelle Johnson (Cobra Kai) handled the featured needle-drop tunes. Here’s every song in In From the Cold.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Anatomy of a Scandal’
In from the Cold Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 1 “What Is Burning?”
- “Bad Girls” by Pussy Riot (00:02): The In From the Cold soundtrack song scores a montage sequence. Jenny and Becca (Lydia Fleming) arrive in Madrid. The music continues as the characters observe the city.
- “Lost in Time With You” by Paper Twins, Maggie the Apple (00:09): Becca enters her hotel room. Her teammates speak about Spanish prices. Becca learns that she’s sharing a room.
- “Break Stuff” by Pussy Riot (00:11): The music scores a fight sequence. Jenny squares off against Chauncey’s crew. The song drops as the protagonist learns that she’s been tested.
- “Tanz – Tanzevat! (92 Demo Version)” by New Composers (00:13): Anya aka Jenny roams a warehouse party in 1994 Moscow. The In From the Cold soundtrack song plays as she smokes a cigarette. A graphic identifies the character as “The Whisper.”
- “Fire” by Black Pumas (00:26): Jenny prepares to resume her spy career. She takes a shot of alcohol and cuts her hair. The music fades as Jenny admires her new look.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Choose or Die’
In from the Cold Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 2 “The Bride”
- “Vuelve” by 5 Alarm Music (00:12): The In From the Cold soundtrack song scores a cityscape sequence in Madrid. Jenny enjoys a meal. Becca watches with a confused look on her face.
- “Pasitikt Savo Žvaigždes” by Siela (00:15): The music plays during a flashback sequence. Anya sits at a night club bar. She learns from Su-Yin (Jeremy Ang Jones) that Faina (Anastasia Martin) was grounded by her father.
- “My Vmeste” by Alisa (00:18): Faina listens to music in her bedroom. She takes off her headphones when the phone rings.
- “Sana Sana” by Nathy Peluso (00:26): Chauncey and Chris (Charles Brice) look for Yannick. They enter a building and a discover a “troll farm.” The music drops as various youths point weapons at Chauncey and Chris.
- “Jupiter 4” by Sharon Van Etten (00:38): Becca spots a dead bird on her balcony. The In From the Cold soundtrack song continues as she grins. Becca picks up the bird and plucks its feathers.
- “Island of Doom” by Agnes Obel (00:44): Jenny watches her daughter sleep. Becca opens her eyes when her mother leaves.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Outer Range’
In from the Cold Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 3 “The Widow”
- “Boss” by Chrystal Murray (00:08): Jenny prepares for an ice bath. The In from the Cold soundtrack song plays as she enters a tub. Jenny kicks back as her body glows.
- “Alena” by Nikolay Kim, Gruppa Aramis (00:09): The song accompanies a 1994 sequence. Faina speaks with Anya on the phone. The characters flirt and laugh.
- “Girls from Rio” by Ray Davies (00:13): Ladonna (Amanda Bright) gossips at a Madrid restaurant. A waiter arrives with three dishes. Becca arrives as a bird carcass is discovered in a bowl of lentil soup.
- “Tócame” by Anitta feat. Arcangel and De La Ghetto (00:33): Jenny and Chauncey enter a nightclub. Chris explains the premise for each level. The In from the Cold soundtrack song continues as Jenny and Chauncey navigate “Limbo.”
- “Discoteka” by Minelli, Inna (00:34): Jenny and Chauncey make their way to “Lust.” They observe the cameras. Jenny kisses Chauncey and makes a scene.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Furioza’
In from the Cold Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 4 “The Family”
- “Nuevo Día” by Lole y Manuel (00:22): Jenny receives a tour estate. The In From the Cold soundtrack song scores an exterior sequence. Felipe (José Luis García Pérez) speaks with Jenny about his prized stud, a bull named Miura.
- “Nezhnost'” by Maya Kristalinskaya (00:25): Anya ice skates in the 1994 timeline. She slips and recovers as the music plays. Svetlana (Alyona Khmelnitskaya) states that Anya is unfit for her position.
- “6 Pieces, Op. 19: No. 4, Nocturne” by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky (00:43): Jenny plays the piano while pretending to be Diego (Pablo Capuz). Andrés Calero (Luis Callejo) speaks with Felipe. Jenny continues to play in a study and then offers to participate in a mission (as Diego).
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Dirty Lines’
In from the Cold Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 5 “An Old Friend”
- “Timofey” by Nikolay Kim, Gruppa Aramis (00:05): Anya gets cleaned up in the 1994 timeline. She receives a visit from Su-Yin. The music fades as Anya receives a gala invite.
- “Tres Lagrimas” by Guitarra Azul (00:37): The In from the Cold soundtrack song scores a rooftop sequence. Becca poses for photos. Carmo (Eduardo Rosa) offers life advice.
- “Extraños” by Alvaro Ruiz (00:41): Jenny arrives at a hotel. She takes off her wig and enters. Jenny reunites with a former colleague named Damian (Oleg Kricunova) aka Demitri.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘All the Old Knives’
In from the Cold Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 6 “Little Bird”
- “Cerebro” by Andrea Rocha (00:09): Becca kisses Carmo at a hotel. She receives a motorcycle ride to practice.
- “Para Voce” by Antoine Olivier, Glaucus Linx (00:10): Jenny enters Damian’s apartment. They characters discuss a business exchange. Damian pours two glasses of Blini.
- “Gorod” by Akvarium (00:12): Jenny and Damian dance. The In From the Cold soundtrack song scores the moment. The characters discuss their past experiences together.
- “Plum Blossom Blooms” by Richard Harvey (00:17): Anya meets with Faina in the 1994 timeline. They joke and discuss Su-Yin being tied up. Anya receives a message from her handler, Svetlana.
- “Souvenir d’un lieu cher, Op. 42: No. 1. Meditation” by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky (00:19): Becca practices a skating routine. The music fades when she receives a compliment from her coach.
- “Overcome” by Tricky (00:29): Anya enters a dimly lit room. Faina waits for her on a bed. The In From the Cold soundtrack song accompanies a love sequence.
- “6 Pieces, Op. 19: No. 4, Nocturne)” by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky (00:38): Anya opens a bedroom door. She spots her target, Dr. Orlov (Juris Zagars). The music plays from a music box.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Tokyo Vice’
In from the Cold Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 7 “Gideon”
- “Vex” by Chelsea Wolfe (00:04): Jenny learns that she has cameras in her eyes. She destroys a tech room. The In From the Cold soundtrack song continues as Jenny attempts to remove the ocular devices.
- “The Nutcracker, Op. 71a: XVC. Pas de deux – Variation II: Dance of the Sugar-Plum Fairy” by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky (00:37): Jenny arrives at a skating rink. The music fades shortly before Svetlana’s assassin, Gaia (Alexandra Prokhorova), appears.
- “Spanish Dances, Op. 22: No. 1. Romanza Andaluza” by Pablo de Sarasate, Daniel Auner, Irina Auner (00:38): Diego navigates a gallery event. He spots the Prime Minister. Diego pulls a gun as Chauncey arrives.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Dancing on Glass’
In from the Cold Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 8 “Motherland”
- “Flagpole Sitta” by Harvey Danger (00:00): The In From the Cold soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. Jenny enjoys some pool time during a flashback sequence in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. She discusses Becca’s private life with her husband, Lee (Julio Perillán).
- “Solo Contigo” by 5 Alarm Music (00:08): Becca and her teammates prepare for a competition. The music plays in a locker room.
- “Te Encanta” by Extreme Music (00:11): Svetlana arrives at Madrid Arena. She meets her target, a U.S. senator named Warren Richardson.
- “I Know You Won’t Let Me Down” by Loving Calibur, Nikki Holguin (00:16): Competition begins at Madrid Arena. Becca emerges wearing headphones.
- “Symphony No. 4 in F Minor, Op. 36: I. Andante sostenuto – Moderato con anima” by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky (00:17): Becca’s performance begins. Chauncey drives to Madrid Arena.
- “Never Look Back (TINYKVT Remix)” by Imelda May (00:39): Jenny uses a satellite phone and identifies herself as agent Anya Petrova. She says, “Everything is fine. It worked.” The In From the Cold soundtrack song scores the final shot and plays during the end credits.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Action, Crime, Drama, Netflix Originals, Soundtracks of Television, Streaming Originals
You must be logged in to post a comment.