The Kitz soundtrack includes music by Sofi Tukker, Bilderbuch and Juniore. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Vitus Reinbold and Niko Schulz-Dornburg’s German Netflix series. Visit the Soundtracks of Television section for more Vague Visages music guides.
Kitz stars Sofie Eifertinger as an Austrian design student named Lisi Madlmeyer. Valerie Huber co-stars as Vanessa von Höhenfeldt, a privileged Munich teenager. The storyline explores Lisi’s attempts to expose the people responsible for her brother’s death. Composer Heiko Maile (We Are the Wave) scored the six-episode first installment; music supervisor Milena Fessmann (The Billion Dollar Code) organized the featured needle-drop tracks. Here’s every song in Kitz.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Welcome to Eden’
Kitz Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 1 “Countdown”
- “Jelinek” by Wanda (00:02): The Kitz soundtrack song begins as the title graphic appears. Lisi serves a beer at work. She negotiates for a peaceful new year.
- “Und Du Bist Frei (Band Version)” by Martin Klein
- “Champion Styles (Shaolin Cuts Remix)” by Shingai (00:13): Kosh (Zoran Pingel) speaks on the phone with Wirsing (Laurenz Winklhofer). They discuss Vanessa’s upcoming party. Kosh tells Wirsing that he can attend the event.
- “Fashion Model Art” by Haiku Hands feat. Sofi Tukker
- “Voodoo Sonic” by Parov Stelar (00:18): A New Year’s celebration begins. Lisi watches a fireworks display. The Kitz soundtrack song continues as Antonia (Souhaila Amade) begins a conversation.
- “Rich kid$” by FAANGS (00:23): Lisi carries a tray of champagne. She sets her eyes on Vanessa. Lisi spills champagne as part of her long-term plan.
- “Nothing to Say” by Savage Gary feat. Georgia (00:29): Vanessa invites Lisi to party with her. They enter a club area. Lisi enjoys herself after successfully befriending Vanessa.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Candy’
Kitz Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 2 “Mousetrap”
- “Checkpoint (Nie Game Over)” by Bilderbuch (00:00): The Kitz soundtrack song scores a flashback sequence. Lisi speaks with her brother Joseph (Felix Mayr). The protagonist wonders why she was accepted at Saint Martins College in London.
- “Awoo” by Sofi Tukker feat. Betta Lemme (00:12): Lisi asks Dominik (Bless Amada) what he does for fun. The music kicks in as they find some champagne. Lisi opens a bottle with a 19th century saber.
- “Ah bah d’accord” by Juniore (00:15): Lisi enjoys a spa day. She consumes an adult beverage and smiles at Dominik. The music fades as Kosh complains about Lisi and Vanessa’s friendship.
- “Temblando” by Mexican Institute of Sound feat. La Yegros & Calexico & Orkesta Mendoza (00:20)
- “Drinkee” by Sofi Tukker (00:25): Lisi strategizes against Pippa (Krista Tcherneva). She learns the passcode for her phone in a locker room. The music drops as Pippa chats with Vanessa.
- “Kitsch” by Bilderbuch (00:26): The Kitz soundtrack song accompanies a slo-mo sequence in Kitzbühel. Vanessa hangs with her crew. Lisi surprises her fellow villagers.
- “Schickt Mir Die Post” by Wanda (00:33): Vanessa parties after a falling out with Pippa. She dances with her friends and chugs alcohol. Antonia stares at Lisi.
- “Und Du Bist Frei (Solo & Band Versions)” by Martin Klein
- “Juggernaut” by Ant Antic (00:37): Lisi tells Dominik about her brother’s death. The music sets in as the conversation continues. The moment foreshadows a late-season reveal.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Clark’
Kitz Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 3 “Off Track”
- “Out On This Road” by Wayne William
- “Tokyo Moon” by AAA+ (00:17): Vanessa grins after Lisi helps with a new dress. The Kitz soundtrack song plays during a photoshoot sequence. Kosh arrives and speaks with Lisi.
- “Jagwar” by Shells (00:39): Dominik opens up to Lisi. The music plays as the characters discuss their kiss the previous evening. “Jagwar” continues as Lisi narrates about “scorched earth.”
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Staircase’
Kitz Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 4 “Thaw”
- “Steady Waves” by Cross Record (00:00): The Kitz soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. Lisi narrates about the calm before the storm. She anticipates a metaphorical avalanche.
- “Tethered, Wrapped Around” by Dekker (00:18): Lisi walks the streets after a conversation with Vanessa. She leaves a voicemail for Hans (Ben Felipe). Lisi realizes that she could hurt Vanessa by leaking a private video.
- “Baglaens” by Lowly (00:29): Vanessa gazes at her reflection in a mirror. Lisi works on a dress. Dominik contemplates his future.
- “Feel More/With Less” by UNKLE feat. Liela Moss, Miink and Philip Sheppard (00:37): Lisi talks with Dominik about Joseph’s death. The Kitz soundtrack song plays as the characters kiss. Vanessa sees Lisi and Dominik having sex.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The 7 Lives of Lea’
Kitz Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 5 “Avalanches”
- “Sounding the Alarm” by Pigeon Detectives (00:20): Kosh bonds with Hans. He states that he’s willing to leave Munich. The Kitz soundtrack song scores a kissing moment.
- “Raus (DJ Hell Radio Remix)” by Wolfram feat. Yung Hurn and Egyptian Lover (00:22): A fashion show begins. Vanessa walks a runway. She tears off a piece of Lisi’s design.
- “Home” by Somer (00:24): Lisi walks away from Vanessa and Dominik. She spot Antonia in the street. Lisi reads headlines about Vanessa’s dress.
- “Carry Me” by Penelope Trappes (00:36): Lisi, Kosh and Dominik watch Vanessa’s home burn down. A firefighter exits with a body as the episode ends.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Shining Girls’
Kitz Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 6 “Ashes”
- “Landlocked Conch Shell” by Endless Forms (00:03): Lisi sits alone after a conversation with Hans. Dominik hugs his mother. Kosh roams around his late father’s hotel.
- “Blue Comanche” by Western (00:31): Lisi narrates about a fog lifting. She receives a text message from Dominik. Kosh and Hans bond while doing farm work.
- “Melody X” by Bonaparte (00:39): Lisi speaks to Hans. She theorizes about the events that preceded her brother’s death. The Kitz soundtrack song scores a climatic cliffhanger moment.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.