The Sex Lives of College Girls soundtrack includes music by Chromatics, CHVRCHES and Freak Daddy. This info article contains spoilers for Mindy Kaling and Justin Noble’s HBO Max comedy series. Visit the Soundtracks of Television section for more Vague Visages music guides.
In The Sex Lives of College Girls, a group of freshman students learn about their wants and needs at Vermont’s Essex College. Pauline Chalamet stars as the studious Kimberly, Amrit Kaur co-headlines as the outgoing Bela, Reneé Rapp portrays a rich girl named Leighton, and Alyah Chanelle Scott rounds out the main cast as Whitney — the daughter of a U.S. senator. Composer Joseph Stephens (Never Have I Ever) scored the HBO Max series, while music supervisor Brienne Rose (Search Party) assembled the vast list of needle drop tunes. Here’s every featured song in The Sex Lives of College Girls.
The Sex Lives of College Girls Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 1 “Pilot”
- “Sex” by Rich the Kid, Young Boy Never Broke Again (00:00): Kimberly’s mother, Carol (Nicole Sullivan), confronts a kissing couple at Essex. The character says that she can see an erection. The Sex Lives of College Girls soundtrack music scores the title sequence.
- “Lover’s Letdown” by Goldmyth (00:01): Whitney’s mother drops her off at college. She says that nothing else matters for the day. The U.S. senator then accepts a phone call from CNN.
- “Don’t Try It” by Skripture (00:02): Kimberly’s father, Dale (Craig Cackowski), gets emotional on campus. A student in a black vehicle pulls up. The song plays briefly as Carol realizes the her daughter is about to meet “new people.”
- “Show You” by Largo Lago (00:003): Mr. Murray drives with his daughter. Leighton realizes that she hasn’t received texts from her friends Esme (Kennedy Lea Slocum) and Francesca (Samantha Dockser). Mr. Murray suggests that it’s not a good idea for Whitney to be roommates with her high school friends.
- “Sword” by Ian Sweet (00:09): Whitney realizes that she got roomed with a “random girl.” The Sex Lives of College Girls soundtrack tune kicks in as Esme and Francesca hug their high school friend. Whitney inquires about the emotional state of Kimberly’s father.
- “Got the Love” by Big Gigantic feat. Jennifer Hartswick (00:13): Kimberly’s friends discuss a video of Shawn Mendes taking a shower. The music scores a soccer sequence. Whitney scores a goal and impresses her coaches.
- “Half Life” by The Undercover Dream Lovers (00:22): Kimberly leaves Leighton’s room. Bela chats with her roommates about borrowing clothes. Leighton’s brother, Nico (Gavin Leatherwood), knocks on the door.
- “Talk About It” by Kate Bollinger (00:23): Leighton and Nico chat about the roommate situation. A slowed-up version of The Sex Lives of College Girls soundtrack music scores the moment. Leighton refuses to discuss her dating life.
- “What’s Your Name?” by DOECHII (00:27): Lila (Ilia Isorelýs Paulino) and Canaan (Chris Meyer) giggle after teasing Kimberly. Whitney gets physical at soccer practice. She clashes with Jena (Maya Rose).
- “I Can See You” by Sophia Kennedy (00:32): Kimberly and her friends get ready to eat dessert. Whitney receives a gift from Dalton (James Morosini) at her dorm room door.
- “All the Time” by ROMES & Haiva Ru (00:32): Bela arrives at a theme party. She speaks with a comedy writer named Ryan (Conor Donnally). They discuss an opportunity at “The Catullan.”
- “Collide” by Tom Speight (00:35): Whitney kisses her boyfriend Max (Matthew Gold) from Princeton. The Sex Lives of College Girls soundtrack music scores the moment. Both characters lose their virginity.
- “Tropea” by Kaleida (00:38): Bela listens to her own voice. She gets ready to learn if she’ll be accepted at “The Catullan.” Bela tells herself that she’s a “boss bitch.”
- “Horizons” by Orlean (00:40): Whitney cries after the meeting Dalton’s wife, Michelle (Kim Matula). Kimberly arrives at Where Essex Sips. She chastises a preppy patron from dropping garbage in front of Canaan.
- “tonight” by Alaina Castillo (00:43): Bella rallies her friends. They decide to go out and party. The Sex Lives of College Girls soundtrack music continues as the characters take shots and get dressed.
- “In My Head (On My Mind)” by MOTI (00:44): Nico spots Kimberly and her friends. Leighton returns home to her room. The song plays as Kimberly and company enter the party.
- “Ouch” by Kah-Lo (00:47): Bela speaks with two female classmates from “The Catullan.” She is chastised for hooking up with the boyfriend of Evangeline (Sierra Katow).
- “Into the Black ” by Chromatics (00:49): Leighton receives a text from Kimberly. She contacts a woman named Jillian (Lex King) from a dating app. The women hook up as the episode ends.
The Sex Lives of College Girls Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 2 “Naked Party”
- “Overdose” by Zezendium & Aldous Finch (00:03): Bela inquires about Leighton’s sexploits. The Sex Lives of College Girls soundtrack music scores the title sequence. Kimberly gets excited for classes.
- “The Mother We Share” by CHVRCHES (00:04): Kimberly bonds with Nico over the “FDOC.” Leighton heads to class and blocks messages from Jillian. The music fades as Mr. Murray calls and sings.
- “Dreamy Bruises” by Sylvan Esso (00:07): Whitney stares at Dalton during soccer practice. She drills him in the head with a well-placed kick. Jena complains about not receiving the ball.
- “Confetti” by Teddi Gold (00:10): Kimberly’s French instructor asks her to drop the class. The music continues during an exterior campus scene. The music fades as Bela meets with colleagues from “The Catullan.”
- “Superego” by Leyya (00:12): Bela receives a nasty text from Evangeline. Kimberly asks Whitney and Leighton about their first day of classes.
- “Watch Me” by The Pom-Poms (00:13): Leighton leaves a class to join an advanced group. She forces the instructor to make positive statements about her as part of their agreement. The Sex Lives of College Girls soundtrack music scores Leighton’s classroom exit.
- “Springtime” by Le SuperHomard (00:16): Whitney texts with Willow. She learns that she can’t attend a party hosted by Jena.
- “In the Way” by Extreme Music (00:17): Leighton hooks up with Chloe (Rachele Schank), a woman from the dating app. She worries about being outed. Leighton says that she doesn’t want “gay” to be her identity.
- “Glow” by Luc (00:19): Whitney arrives at Jena’s party. She brings bath crystals as a gift.
- “So Over It” by Pat Lok feat. Hannah Yadi (00:20): Kimberly and Bela arrive at a a naked party with Jocelyn (Lolo Spencer). They watch a male guest undress. Bela admires Jocelyn’s “perfect Keira Knightley boobs.”
- “Power of My Melodies” by Maxamillion, Kalina (00:22): Bela tells Kimberly that she’s aggressively cupping her breasts “in shame.” They chat about which nude group to approach first.
- “TBA” by TBA (00:24): Kimberly and Bela drink alcohol. They loosen up and enjoy themselves at the party.
- “Highways” by REIGHNBEAU (00:27): Whitney meets with Dalton. Kimberly drunkenly asks Nico to tutor her. The Sex Lives of College Girls soundtrack music continues as Leighton talks to a statue.
- “Confetti” by Freak Daddy (00:29): Leighton receives a phone call from Chloe. She gets angry and screams “I’m thriving” while breaking a bottle on campus. The episode ends as campus security guards chase Leighton.
The Sex Lives of College Girls Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 3 “Le Tuteur”
- “Sound Girls” by Lady Been Cold (00:01): The Sex Lives of College Girls soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. Students navigate the Essex campus. Leighton meets with President Lacey.
- “Attitude!” by Deetranada feat. Starrz (00:02): Leighton receives 100 hours of community service. President Lacey makes a point about wealthy Essex patrons. The music scores the title sequence.
- “I Could Change” by Selebrities (00:04): Bela chats with Kimberly about her tutor session with Nico. They also discuss personal style. Whitney hooks up with Dalton.
- “One of the Girls” by Otha (00:07): Nico tutors Kimberly. He shows her how to properly pronounce the word “vrai.” Nico recalls his childhood au pair, Camille, from Marseille.
- “I Don’t Need a Hero” by Danz CM (00:08): Bela gazes at a male student in the library. She introduces herself and begins a proper conversation (after previously receiving communication advice from her friends).
- “Lust for Life” by Girls (00:12): Whitney jogs with Dalton. The Sex Lives of College Girls soundtrack song fades as she learns that his phone ID for her is Steven Kim Accountant.
- “Big Spill” by Chelsea Jade (00:17): Bela hooks up with an “ab guy.” She takes a moment to “burn the image in.” The music cuts when Bela breaks down the meaning of “chucklefucker.”
- “When You Feel the Time Is Right” by Kimchii (00:20): Dalton asks Whitney to bring bug spray to a date. Kimberly arrives at Nico’s frat house. She wears a Golden Girls-themed sweater that references an earlier conversation during a tutor session.
- “Busy Being Boring” by Hachiku (00:22): Kimberly leaves Nico’s frat house. Whitney meets with Dalton. The Sex Lives of College Girls soundtrack music fades as they prepare to watch Love & Basketball in the woods.
- “Thank You for Being a Friend” by Cynthia Fee (00:24): Kimberly watches the French version of The Golden Girls — Les Craquantes. A cover of the theme song plays.
- “A Slow Return” by There’s Talk (00:26): Dalton texts his wife and says that they need to have a “serious talk.” At home, he states that the message was for a fellow soccer coach.
- “Feel the World” by Grand Voyage (00:27): Whitney grins while walking on campus. The Sex Lives of College Girls soundtrack music scores the end credits.
The Sex Lives of College Girls Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 4 “Kappa”
- “Moving On” by Roosevelt (00:01): Leighton receives a mysterious envelope. The Sex Lives of College Girls soundtrack song fades as the character tosses the item aside. The music picks up again during the title card sequence.
- “Comin’ In Hotta” by Halo Sol (00:03): Leighton chats with Whitney about her clothing. They arrive at a “casual” Kappa party. Whitney describes the scene as “some Get Out shit.”
- “Way Too Good” by Night Panda & BEGINNERS (00:04): Leighton and Whitney discuss the Kappa president named Quinn Cannon (Francesca Xuereb). The music continues in the background. Leighton and Whitney speak with various guests.
- “Style” by Stereo RV (00:07): Kimberly and Bela shop at Gaia’s boutique. They find a dress and plan to return it the following day. Whitney chats with Dalton.
- “Down Low” by Lyrah & Penguin Prison (00:08): Whitney boards a bus for a soccer trip. Leighton meets with Quinn Cannon.
- “I Love It” by Aalok Bala (00:09): Whitney wears headphones during a bus trip. The Sex Lives of College Girls soundtrack song drops when she speaks with a teammate.
- “TBA” by TBA (00:11): Kimberly arrives at campus event with Bela. They take a picture outside the building.
- “Skinnydipped” by BANKS (00:20): Leighton hooks up with Cory (Colby Strong). The music drops during a transitional scene at Bela’s comedy event.
- “Soft Spot” by Claud (00:23): Whitney enters Dalton’s hotel room. She apologizes for being late. The Sex Lives of College Girls soundtrack music continues as Kimberly reads a flattering Instagram comment from Nico.
The Sex Lives of College Girls Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 5 “That Comment Tho”
- “Money and Power” by LAPRÉ (00:03): The Sex Lives of College Girls soundtrack song plays during the title card sequence. The music fades as Leighton speaks with Alicia (Midori Francis).
- “Under Your Spell” by Dexter French & Darius Behdad (00:05): The song scores an exterior campus sequence. Bela chats with Whitney and Willow at the library.
- “Somewhere They Can’t Find Us” by Habibi (00:11): Kimberly speaks with Canaan at work. They discuss Instagram commenting etiquette. Lila offers advice.
- “TBA” by TBA (00:07): Leighton arrives at a frat house. She visits with her brother, Nico.
- “TBA” by TBA (00:09): Whitney live streams as she enters a male locker room at Essex. She accidentally records a nude student.
- “Into Something” by smle feat Kiddo A.I. (00:10): Kimberly talks with Jocelyn about Nico’s Instagram comment. They discuss how to handle the situation moving forward. Bela says “Seize the day.”
- “Upside Down” by JVKE (00:13): Bela chats with Essex student about “Franzen.” She thinks they are talking about boxed wine and not the author Jonathan Franzen.
- “Lovers for the Night” by Aldous Finch, Calvin Yea & Malory Torr (00:14): The Sex Lives of College Girls soundtrack song scores a frat house sequence. Nico talks about removing triggers ahead of a party that will be attended by members of the Women’s Center. Alicia and Leighton discuss a possible “shit show.”
- “TBA” by TBA (00:16): Nico explains the Theta-lympics to Alicia. Leighton scoffs at her brother’s statements.
- “Soft Stud” by Black Belt Eagle Scout (00:22): Leighton comes out to Alicia. They kiss moments later.
- “Step It Up” by Tre Oh Fie feat. Big Mac (00:23): Whitney competes against a male soccer player in the Theta-lympics. Nico tracks down Kimberly outside. He apologizes for not spending more time with her.
- “TBA” by TBA (00:24): Nico explains his Instagram comment to Kimberly. Bela works on an essay. Leighton and Alicia chat after a sexual encounter.
- “History & the Victors” by Catriona (00:27): Dalton breaks up with Whitney. He also reveals that he never told his wife about their relationship. Whitney throws a rock at Dalton’s vehicle as The Sex Lives of College Girls soundtrack song closes out the episode.
The Sex Lives of College Girls airs weekly on HBO Max. New episodes premiere every Thursday through December 9, 2021. This article about The Sex Lives of College Girls soundtrack will be updated as the series progresses.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.