The Wild Is the Wind soundtrack includes music by Chris Chameleon, Nina Simone and Johnny Cash. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Fabian Medea’s 2022 Netflix movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Wild Is the Wind stars Mothusi Magano as Vusi Matsoso, a South African police officer who needs money for his family. Frank Rautenbach co-stars as John Smit, the protagonist’s corrupt work partner. The storyline follows Vusi as he struggles with his morals while investigating the murder of a teenage girl. Composers Elben Schutte and Cobus Schutte scored the 123-minute Netflix film, which includes a total of 11 credited tracks. Here’s every song in Wild Is the Wind.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘The Stranger’
Wild Is the Wind Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Netflix Movie
- “Siembamba” by Chris Chameleon (00:02:00): Wilhelm (Chris Chameleon) gets let go after a traffic stop. The Wild Is the Wind soundtrack song plays as he drives away. Vusi and John watch from their vehicle
- “Shadows” by eVOID (00:07:00): A bar sequence begins at Burning Bush Kitchen Pub. A female character pays for a jukebox song. Melissa (Izel Bezuidenhout) plays billiards.
- “Wild Is the Wind” by Nina Simone (00:10:00): Vusi speaks with Abigail (Mona Monyane) in Tswana. The music sets in as the characters laugh. Crickets chirp as Vusi leaves his home.
- “Too Late for Mamma” by Brenda Fassie (00:17:00): The Wild Is the Wind soundtrack song accompanies a night club scene. Vusi prepares to meet a Russian underworld figure. The song plays from within the esablishment.
- “How Men of Yarn” by Tarryn Lamb and Paulo Azevado (01:03:00): Vusi finishes a conversation with John. He sends a text message from his office. The music scores a montage as the police detain night club patrons.
- “Living in a Box” by Chris Chameleon (01:38:00): Wilhelm douses his car with gasoline. He dances while enjoying his freedom. Wilhelm opens the trunk and douses a female victim.
- “Oh My Lord” by Chris Chameleon (01:52:00): Vusi looks at a map. The Wild Is the Wind soundtrack song continues during a driving sequence. Vusi tracks down Wilhelm.
- “The Man Comes Around” by Johnny Cash (02:02:00): Vusi fades away in a vehicle. The music kicks in as fires burn during a street sequence. The Wild Is the Wind soundtrack song scores the movie’s final moments and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Luckiest Girl Alive’
The Wild Is the Wind soundtrack also includes:
- “Island Love” by Theo Chrous
- “As I Laying Dying” by Theo Chrous
- “Mash Up” by DJ Sneja
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.