The Luckiest Girl Alive soundtrack includes music by Garbage, Mase and Elle King. This info article contains spoilers for Mike Barker’s 2022 Netflix movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Luckiest Girl Alive stars Mila Kunis as Ani Fanelli, a New York City journalist who prepares for her wedding. Chiara Aurelia co-stars as Young Ani Fanelli, a teenage version of the protagonist who survives a sexual assault and school shooting in 1999. The storyline follows Ani as she participates in a documentary and gets accused of colluding with a former classmate. Composer Linda Perry (4 Non Blondes, Kid 90) scored the 113-minute Netflix film; music supervisor Susan Jacobs (American Hustle) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Luckiest Girl Alive, an adaptation of Jessica Knoll’s 2015 novel.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Lou’
Luckiest Girl Alive Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Netflix Movie
- ‘Keep It Movin’ — Original Mix” by Stanton Warriors & Tony Quattro feat. Rell Rock (00:04:00): The Luckiest Girl Alive soundtrack song scores a gym sequence. Ani works out and breathes heavy. Music plays from a stereo system.
- “I Think I’m Paranoid” by Garbage (00:15:00): Young Ani arrives at the Brentley School. Dina (Connie Britton) says, “You’re already the prettiest girl in school.” Ani narrates about cliques and Andrew Larson (Scoot McNairy).
- “Genie in a Bottle” by David Frank, Stephen Kipner and Pamela Sheyne (00:16:00): Andrew cites a line from an essay by Young Ani. He welcomes her to his class. Arthur Finneman (Thomas Barbusca) tweaks a lyric from Christina Aguilera’s 1999 hit.
- “Feel So Good” by Mase (00:20:00): Young Ani arrives at a Brentley School dance. The Luckiest Girl Alive soundtrack song plays as she dances with a female classmate. Liam (Isaac Kragten) shows up and grooves with Young Ani.
- “Put It In Your Mouth” by Akinyele feat. Kia Jeffries (00:21:00): A school dance sequence continues. Arthur drinks alcohol from a flask. He gets caught and leaves the dance.
- “Awake” by Generationals (00:30:00): Ani receives good news from LoLo (Jennifer Beals). The music continues during a transition sequence. Ani meets Luke (Finn Wittrock) at a restaurant.
- “This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody)” by Talking Heads (01:04:00): The Luckiest Girl Alive soundtrack song accompanies an interior scene. Ani looks at a cable knit and gasps. She jokes around with Luke.
- “I Know Where I’ve Been” by Elle King (01:46:00): Ani confronts a journalist outside Rockefeller Center. The track scores the film’s final moments and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Dahmer – Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story’
The Luckiest Girl Alive soundtrack also includes:
- “Sunny” by Blake Swanna
- “Moving” by Priddis Music
- “Bossa Nova U.S.A.” by Dave Brubeck Quartet
- “Do Watcha Like” by If Walls Could Talk
- “Paradisco” by Charlotte Gainsbourg
- “Pump Up the Volume” by M/A/R/R/S
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.