The From Scratch soundtrack includes music by Nyv, Sam Cooke and Matteo Romano. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Attica Locke and Tembi Locke’s 2022 Netflix miniseries. Visit the Soundtracks of Television section for more Vague Visages music guides.
From Scratch stars Zoe Saldaña as Amy, an American artist who travels to Italy for a personal renaissance. Eugenio Mastrandrea co-stars as Lino, Amy’s Sicilian love interest who works as a chef in Florence. The storyline follows the focal couple as they overcome the odds during a multi-year timeline. Composer Laura Karpman (Lovecraft Country) scored the Netflix miniseries; music supervisor Frankie Pine (Magic Mike) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in From Scratch, an adaptation of Tembi Locke’s 2019 novel.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Watcher’
From Scratch Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 1 “First Tastes”
- “Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You” by Lauryn Hill (00:00): Amy looks at a journal. The From Scratch soundtrack song continues during a transition sequence. The music drops after a few seconds and then picks up around the two-minute mark.
- “Per ricominciare” by Mina (00:01): Amy sniffs a journal in the present timeline. The narrative shifts to 2000 Florence. Amy arrives in the city with her bags.
- “Before I Let Go” by Maze & Frankie Beverly (00:05): Amy calls Zora (Danielle Deadwyler). The music plays during a Labor Day gathering in Houston, Texas. Amy tells Zora that she is staying in Florence for a while.
- “Tu Mi Porti Su” by Giorgia (00:09): Amy meets Lino for the first time. She rides a bus during a transition scene. The From Scratch soundtrack song continues during a Florence montage.
- “Elastico” by svegliaginevra (00:11): Amy meets with Giancarlo Caldesi (Giacomo Gianniotti). They talk about a painting. Amy and Giancarlo explore Caravaggio’s former studio.
- “Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu” by Malika Ayane (00:21): Amy visits a Florence restaurant. Lino brings her a plate of food. The characters smile at each other.
- “La musica non c’è” by Coez (00:30): Amy begins a date with Lino. They ride a Vespa together. The From Scratch soundtrack song continues during a montage.
- “Today I Saved the World” by 5 Alarm (00:32): Amy talks to Lino about her artwork. Music plays during an interior sequence. Lino inquires about a drawing.
- “Dalla terra all’universo” by ditonellapiaga (00:45): Amy walks around Florence. She looks at sketches. Amy meets with Giancarlo during a transition scene.
- “Per Favore” by Nyv (00:48): The From Scratch soundtrack song plays as Amy finishes a conversation with Lino. She invites him to her home. Amy and Lino kiss during a transition scene.
- “I Can’t Stand the Rain” by Ann Peebles (00:50): Amy talks to Lino during a bedroom scene. She considers staying in Florence. The track scores the end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Black Butterflies’
From Scratch Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 2 “Carne e Ossa”
- “Have You Ever Loved a Woman” by Freddie King (00:00): The From Scratch soundtrack song accompanies the opening sequence. A graphic establishes the setting as 2002 Los Angeles. Lino plays a cassette tape while cooking for Amy.
- “Miopia” by Franco126 (00:09): An interior sequence begins. Amy brings a morning drink to Lino. The track scores a work montage.
- “You Turn Me On” by LaBelle (00:24): Amy hooks up with Lino. The characters have sex during a bedroom scene. Amy and Lino hold hands.
- “Try a Little Tenderness” by Otis Redding (00:41): Amy and Lino enter a vehicle. Music plays from the stereo system. Amy and Lino exit the car and slow dance.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Midnight Club’
From Scratch Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 3 “A Villa. A Broom. A Cake.”
- “Purple” by Shuggie Otis (00:04): Hershel (Keith David) arrives in Los Angeles. The From Scratch soundtrack song plays as he exits a vehicle. Amy greets Maxine (Judith Scott).
- “Non Dimenticar” by Luigi Pulci, Michele Galdieri (00:07): Hershel walks with Amy. He sings an Italian song made famous in America by Nat King Cole, Peggy Lee and Dean Martin. Amy jokes about her father’s alcohol consumption.
- “Con te partirò” by Andrea Bocelli (00:22): A wedding sequence begins. Amy walks toward the altar. The wedding ceremony concludes.
- “Outstanding” by The Gap Band (00:28): Zora finishes a toast. The music continues during a transition sequence. Amy and Lino celebrate during a wedding reception scene.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Dahmer – Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story’
From Scratch Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 4 “Bitter Almonds”
- “I’ll Stop Loving You” by The Servicemen (00:00): The From Scratch soundtrack song plays during the opening scene. Amy tells a story. She talks about a cake that Lino promised to transport from Sicily to Los Angeles.
- “We Go Together” by The Cavaliers (00:20): A restaurant sequence begins. Lino works at Mangia Mia. Amy talks to guests.
- “I Feel a Sin Coming On” by Solomon Burke (00:29): Amy paints at home. She talks to Lino about his day. They celebrate a professional partnership.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Santo’
From Scratch Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 5 “Bread and Brine”
- “We Wish You a Merry Christmas” by TBA (00:00): The From Scratch soundtrack song plays as Zora prepares to meet Giacomo (Paride Benassai) and Filomena (Lucia Sardo). She receives communication advice from Amy. Giacomo refuses to ride an escalator.
- “Amore Lai” by Aldo Attuali (00:21): Lino returns home from the hospital. He talks to Amy about their garden. Giacomo reveals that he cut the roses.
- “Un Soffio Caldo” by Zucchero (00:48): Amy tells Lino that he is beautiful. The music sets in as the characters gaze at each other. Amy photographs Lino.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Imperfects’
From Scratch Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 6 “Bread and Brine”
- “That’s Where It’s At” by Sam Cooke (00:44): A date night begins. The song plays as Amy pours a glass of wine. She spots a bruise on Lino’s arm as they dance together.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Partner Track’
From Scratch Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 7 “Between the Fire and the Pan”
- “Our Love” by Gary Clark Jr. (00:08): Amy leaves her home with Idalia (Isla Colbert). The From Scratch soundtrack song continues during a transition scene. Amy cuts Lino’s hair.
- “Concedimi” by Matteo Romano (00:27): Lino finishes a hospital chat with Amy. He writes in his journal after she leaves. Lino tears up and looks upwards.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Devil in Ohio’
From Scratch Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 8 “Aftertastes”
- “Casa di specchi” by Matteo Romano (00:20): Amy jogs in Sicily. The music plays from her earbuds. Amy stops and looks towards the sea.
- “Per Favore” by Nyv (00:28): Amy reads in a bedroom. She takes off her ear buds and walks to a kitchen. Amy embraces Lino during a dream sequence.
- “Chicco biondo” by Modà (00:45): Amy and Filomena host an outdoors lunch. The music plays during a montage. Amy accepts Filomena’s inheritance proposal.
- “Il tuo ricordo” by Samuele Bersani (00:52): Amy thinks about Lino during a Sicilian memorial service. She says “you’re home” and smiles as the series concludes. The From Scratch soundtrack song accompanies the final moments and end credits.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Drama, Netflix Originals, Soundtracks of Television, Streaming Originals
You must be logged in to post a comment.