The Moon Knight soundtrack includes music by Bob Dylan, Wham! and Engelbert Humperdinck. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Jeremy Slater’s 2022 Disney+ miniseries. Visit the Soundtracks of Television section for more Vague Visages music guides.
Moon Knight stars Oscar Isaac as Marc Spector, a mercenary with multiple personality disorder. Ethan Hawke co-stars as Arthur Harrow, a cult leader who wants to make earth more like heaven. The storyline follows Marc as he reunites with his wife Layla El-Faouly (May Calamawy) and works as an avatar for the Egyptian moon god Khonshu (F. Murray Abraham). Composer Hesham Nazih (The Knower) scored the Disney+ miniseries; music supervisors Dave Jordan (Hawkeye) and Trygge Toven (Deep Water) assembled the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Moon Knight, an adaptation of Doug Moench and Don Perlin’s Marvel Comics series.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty’
Moon Knight Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 1 “The Goldfish Problem”
- “Every Grain of Sand” by Bob Dylan (00:00): The Moon Knight soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. An unidentified character consumes a drink and shatters a glass. The track continues as the figure walks away with broken shards in his shoes.
- “A Man Without Love” by Engelbert Humperdinck (00:01): The track accompanies an opening Marvel Studios sequence. Marc aka Steven wakes up and looks around. “A Man Without Love” plays again at 00:21.
- “Arab Trap: Mad in Egypt” by DJ KABOO (00:08): Marc/Steven leaves work. He says goodbye to a security guard named J.B. The Moon Knight soundtrack song continues as Marc/Steven speaks to a statue.
- “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go” by Wham! (00:18): Marc/Steven flees from German men in a cupcake van. The track scores a chase sequence. Marc/Steven manipulates time with his mind.
- “Bahlam Maak” by Najat Essaghira (00:22): Marc/Steven prepares for a date. The Moon Knight soundtrack song plays as he waits outside a restaurant. Marc/Steven learns that it’s Sunday and not Friday.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Offer’
Moon Knight Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 2 “Summon the Suit”
- “Bela Lugosi’s Dead” by Bauhaus (00:07): Steven inquires about a storage locker. The Moon Knight soundtrack song plays during a wide shot. A storage employee says, “I never forget a face.”
- “Every Grain of Sand” by Bob Dylan (00:26): Steven arrives at Arthur’s compound. Dolphins swim on a monitor as people watch. Arthur suggests trying the lentil soup.
- “El Melouk — The Kings” by Ahmed Saad feat. 3Enba, zuksh and young zuksh (00:46): The track scores the end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Tokyo Vice’
Moon Knight Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 3 “The Friendly Type”
- “Enta” by DJ Kaboo (00:00): Layla receives a passport. The Moon Knight soundtrack song accompanies the title sequence. “Enta” plays again during the end credits at 00:46.
- “Batwanes Beek” by Warda (00:07): Marc awakens in a taxi. He asks the driver to stop. The music plays through the stereo.
- “Chaghalouni” by Abdel Halim Hafez (00:21): The music scores a Cairo cityscape sequence. Marc asks Layla about their plan. The husband and wife argue about the past.
- “Salka” by Hassan Shakosh feat. Wegz (00:23): Marc observes a felucca party. He remembers the song from his wedding. Layla smiles as a woman howls nearby.
- “Walima” by Tito Renesi (00:24): Marc and Layla arrive at the home of Anton Mogart (Gaspard Ulliel). They work out their fake backstories. The Moon Knight soundtrack song fades as Layla speaks with Bek (Loic Mabanza).
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Slow Horses’
Moon Knight Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 4 “The Tomb”
- “Saat Saat” by Sabah (00:05): Layla and Steven drive in the desert. Music plays from their vehicle. Marc speaks to Steven from the passenger side mirror.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Shining Girls’
Moon Knight Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 5 “Asylum”
- “Más Allá Del Sol” by Manuel Bonilla (00:42): Marc balances his scales. The Moon Knight soundtrack song plays as he arrives in The Field of Reeds. “Más Allá Del Sol” scores the episode’s final moments and end credits.
- “Saat Saat Remix Version” by Sabam (00:43): The track plays after “Más Allá Del Sol” during the end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Bridgerton’
Moon Knight Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 6 “Gods and Monsters”
- “The End” by Earl Grant (00:01): The music scores the opening Marvel sequence. Marc wakes up in a river. The song drowns out as he is carried by Harrow’s men.
- “A Man Without Love” by Engelbert Humperdinck (00:34): Marc wakes up at home. Steven speaks as a goldfish. The Moon Knight soundtrack song closes out the season as Marc trips.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Action, Adventure, Disney+ Originals, Drama, Soundtracks of Television, Streaming Originals
You must be logged in to post a comment.