The Crush soundtrack includes music by St. Panther, girl in red and Jax Anderson. This info article contains spoilers for Sammi Cohen’s 2022 Hulu movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Crush stars Rowan Blanchard as Paige Evans, a shy teenager who hopes to attend a summer program at the California Institute of the Arts. Auliʻi Cravalho co-stars as AJ Campos, the protagonist’s track mentor and romantic interest. The storyline follows Paige as she looks for love and tries to convince her principal that she’s not a mysterious artist known as KingPun. Composer St. Panther (Daniela Bojorges-Giraldo) scored the Hulu film; music supervisor Andrew Brady (The Dropout) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Crush.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Fresh’
Crush Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Hulu Movie
- “Things Still Left to Say” by Mal Blum (00:00:00): The Crush soundtrack song scores the opening title sequence. Paige narrates about KingPun’s art.
- “Big Boy” by Payday (00:06:00): Paige tells Dillon (Tyler Alvarez) that he wouldn’t have any power as class president. The music scores an exterior sequence at Miller High School. Dillon looks at Paige’s campaign artwork.
- “Gimme Dat” by Lulu Be. (00:07:00): The track accompanies a slo-mo sequence. Paige stares at Gabriela (Isabella Ferreira). Dillon asks if she appeared in slow motion.
- “Heavenly Maybe” by Gengahr (00:19:00): Paige struggles at track practice as Gabriela watches and takes notes. The Crush soundtrack song scores a montage. Paige quits during a pole vault jump.
- “I Feel Alive” by TOPS (00:20:00): Paige trains for the 4 x 100 team. Coach Murray (Aasif Mandvi) cheers her on. Paige sees Gabriela in slow motion again.
- “Only Time Makes It Human” by King Princess (00:24:00): Paige arrives at a house party. Dillon welcomes her to “the high school experience.” Stacey (Teala Dunn) observes her “future constituents.”
- “Small Infinity” by Houston Kendrick (00:29:00): Paige speaks with AJ at a party. Gabriela appears in another slo-mo sequence. The Crush soundtrack song continues as Paige decides to have a shot.
- “New Touch” by Caveboy (00:30:00): Paige takes a shot with Gabriela. The music scores a montage sequence. Paige gazes at Gabriela as AJ watches.
- “Good Day” by Kidd Kenn (00:37:00): Paige and AJ work together at track practice. The music continues during a transition sequence. Paige thinks about KingPun suspects.
- “I Love You Like a Brother” by Alex Lahey (00:51:00): The Miller High track team resumes a “7 Minutes” tradition. Various students spend bathroom time together in pairs. The Crush soundtrack song drops as Paige and AJ are selected.
- “Watch You Sleep.” by girl in red (00:59:00): Paige and AJ say “goodnight” to each other. Three hours pass. Paige looks at AJ in alignment with the lyric “Watch you sleep.”
- “Kickin’ on the Floor (Queen)” by Starmaxx (01:04:00): A 4 x 100 relay begins. Paige looks at both AJ and Gabriela. Stacey runs first for her squad.
- “Kerosene” by McClenny and St. Panther (01:11:00): The Crush soundtrack song scores a school sequence. Paige stares at AJ. She thinks about the specifics of KingPun’s artwork.
- “Faded Like a Feeling” by Tegan and Sara (01:20:00): AJ speaks with Gabriela. She follows a series of art pieces in the style of her alter ego, KingPun. The music fades as Principal Collins (Michelle Buteau) prepares to announce the election results.
- “These Days” by St. Panther (01:26:00): Paige and AJ kiss in front of their classmates. Angie (Megan Mullally) records the moment. The music continues as Chantal (Addie Weyrich) talks about her “love spell.”
- “Bigger Picture” by Jax Anderson feat. VÉRITÉ (01:28:00): Paige narrates about life and art. The Crush soundtrack song scores the film’s final moments and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Deep Water’
The Crush soundtrack also includes:
- “Summer Love” by KB
- “So Good” by DijahSB x Chasen
- “Running Out of Love” by KB
- “Soaring” by KB
- “Highway” by St. Panther
- “You & Me” by Quarter-Life Crisis feat. Claud
- “Dippin and Doin” by KB
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.