The Deep Water soundtrack includes music by BANKS, Leo Sayer and Naughty by Nature. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Adrian Lyne’s 2022 Hulu movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Deep Water stars Ben Affleck as Vic Van Allen, a retired businessman who allows his wife to have lovers. Ana de Armas co-stars as Melinda Van Allen, a woman who offends her husband by bringing men into their home. The storyline follows the focal couple as they resolve martial issues at the expense of community members. Composer Marco Beltrami (The Hurt Locker) scored the 115-minute film; music supervisors Trygge Toven (Westworld, Moon Knight) and Toko Nagata (The Haunting of Bly Manor, Midnight Mass) organized the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Deep Water, an adaptation of Patricia Highsmith’s 1957 novel.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Fresh’
Deep Water Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Hulu Movie
- “Before I Ever Met You” by BANKS (00:00:00): The Deep Water soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. A wide shot captures two bridges and morning traffic as Vic rides his mountain bike. The track is used as a musical motif and also plays during the final sequence and end credits.
- “Sneakin’ Sally Through the Alley” by Robert Palmer (00:05:00): Vic and Melinda drive to a party. The music continues as they arrive and drink champagne. Vic and Melinda talk about their daughter.
- “Walking Blues” by Joanna Connor Band (00:06:00): Melinda visits a pool area with Joel Dash (Brendan C. Miller). The band plays the music during a live performance. Vic observes Melinda kissing Joel from a window.
- “You Oughta Know” by Joanna Connor Band (00:09:00): Mary Washington (Devyn A. Tyler) speaks with Vic. Grant (Lil Rel Howery) shows up and says that Melinda is drunk. The Deep Water soundtrack song is performed live by the band.
- “Via Con Me” by Paolo Conte (00:10:00): Melinda drunkenly plays the piano. Joel chuckles while Vic watches. The crowd sings along with Melinda.
- “Dancing On My Own” by Robyn (00:11:00): Vic and Joel talk at the party. The band performs the song outside. Joel thanks Vic for letting him date Melinda.
- “You Make Me Feel Like Dancing” by Leo Sayer (00:19:00): The Deep Water soundtrack song accompanies a car sequence. Vic sings along to the music. Trixie (Grace Jenkins) joins in from the back seat. The music plays again during the end credits at 01:48:00.
- “Sideways” by Citizen Cope (00:27:00): Vic spots Melinda with Joel. He walks to the kitchen as the music plays. Joel says that he’s not trying to “remasculate” Vic.
- “The Lady Is a Tramp” by Lorenz Hart and Richard Rodgers (00:38:00): Charlie De Lisle (Jacob Elordi) performs at a restaurant. He plays the piano as Vic watches. Charlie mouths the lyrics “That’s why the lady is a tramp” to Melinda.
- “Wassup (Listen to the Horns)” by Timmy Trumpet & Kastra (00:49:00): The Deep Water soundtrack song scores a pool sequence. Vic and Melinda have fun with their friends. Charlie enters the Van Allen home.
- “99 LBS” by Ann Peebles (00:56:00): Melinda and her friends party indoors. Vic shows up after a telling pool sequence. Don Wilson (Tracy Letts) observes the behavior of Affleck’s character.
- “Hip Hop Hooray” by Naughty by Nature (00:57:00): A new song plays at the party. Vic looks around the room. Charlie’s body floats in the pool outside.
- “La Murga” by Willie Colón, Héctor Lavoe and Yomo Toro (01:22:00): Vic and Melinda have dinner with Tony Cameron (Finn Wittrock). The Deep Water soundtrack song scores the moment. Vic cleans up and observes his wife dancing with Tony.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Slow Horses’
The Deep Water soundtrack also includes:
- “Percolatin’ Blues” by Smoking Time Jazz Club
- “You Made Me Love You” by Smoking Time Jazz Club
- “Good Man” by Quinn Squyres
- “Let Go” by Frou Frou
- “Don’t Need a Reason” by Quinn Squyres
- “Midnight in Harlem” by Tedeschi Trucks Band
- “Almost Home” by Redwood
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.