The Honeymoon with My Mother soundtrack includes music by Pat Benatar, Systema Solar and Denis Claude Gaspard. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Paco Caballero’s 2022 Netflix movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Honeymoon with My Mother stars Quim Gutiérrez as José Luis, a Spanish man whose struggles emotionally after a failed wedding. Carmen Machi co-stars as Mari Carmen, a married woman who pretends to be her son’s wife during a “honeymoon” vacation. The storyline follows the protagonists as they grow closer and resolve personal issues at Mauritius. Composer Lucas Vidal (Elite) scored the 110-minute film; music supervisor Eva Cebrián (Xtreme) handled the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Honeymoon with My Mother.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Crush’
Honeymoon with My Mother Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Netflix Movie
- “We Belong” by Pat Benatar (00:00:00): The Honeymoon with My Mother soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. DJ Chucho (Andrés Velencoso) crashes the wedding of José Luis and Teresa (Celia Freijeiro). The music plays again at 01:34:00.
- “El Venao” by Pablito (00:02:00): José Luis reacts after being left alone at the altar. Mari Carmen says that she never liked Teresa. A priest states that he’ll still need to charge José Luis.
- “Compo Alegre” by Baxter Poe, Stan Hope, Thomas Michael Hirschmann (00:04:00): A wedding band begins a song. José Luis walks away from the stage. Mari Carmen talks to her song about wedding bills.
- “Pavo Real” by Jose Luis Rodriguez (00:13:00): José Luis prepares for a Mauritius honeymoon vacation with his mother. The track scores an airport sequence. “Pavo Real” plays again at 01:40:00.
- “Still Got the Blues” by Gary Moore (00:19:00): The “lovebirds” arrive at their suite. Montse (Yolanda Rams) and Jean Pierre (Edeen Bhugeloo) play a special song. The Honeymoon with My Mother soundtrack song can also be heard at 00:21:00, 00:45:00 and 01:39:00.
- “Kaspake” by Denis Claude Gaspard (00:22:00): Mari Carmen orders a glass of sangria. The bartender speaks in French. Armando (Dominque Guillo) introduces himself to Mari Carmen.
- “Rumbera” by Systema Solar (00:27:00): Sara (Justina Bustos) leads an outdoor adventure. José Luis rides a motorcycle with Mari Carmen. Sara energizes her tourist group.
- “Madra Tierra (Oye)” by Chayanne (00:34:00): A papaya competition begins. José Luis and Mari Carmen argue. The Honeymoon with My Mother soundtrack song continues during a montage.
- “Dhobi De Classe” by Denis Claude Gaspard (00:47:00): Mari Carmen smokes Green Emerald marijuana with Armando. She laughs and dances alone. The music fades as José Luis wakes up.
- “Carnavalera” by Bomba Estereo & Systema Solar (00:51:00): José Luis looks around for his mother. Mari Carmen walks by the hotel pool. The song plays again at 01:43:00 during the end credits.
- “Yo Voy Ganao” by Systema Solar (00:53:00): José Luis shops with Mari Carmen. The Honeymoon with My Mother soundtrack song scores a slo-mo sequence. José Luis wears a new hat.
- “Crash (The ’95 Mix)” by The Primitives (01:01:00): Sara organizes a boat trip. José Luis rides a tube and says that the experience is “worse than jail.” The track can be heard again at 01:02:00.
- “To My Love (Tainy Remix)” by Bomba Estero (01:10:00): The music scores a coastal exterior sequence. José Luis and Sara hang out together. The track plays again at 01:31:00.
- “Chaken So Gout” by Denis Claude Gaspard (01:27:00): The Honeymoon with My Mother soundtrack song accompanies a beach sequence. José Luis looks for Sara. He apologizes for lying.
- “Mauritus Welcome You” by Denis Claude Gaspard (01:47:00): The track plays after “Carnavalera” during the end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Heartstopper’
The Honeymoon with My Mother soundtrack also includes:
- “Batiara” by Denis Claude Gaspard
- “Bol Renverser” by Denis Claude Gaspard
- “Coconut Douieb Mercier” by Douieb Mercier, Gilles Douieb, Jacques Leon Mercier
- “Everybody” by Denis Claude Gaspard
- “Maladie D’Amour” by Anouchka Massoudy, Fanio Guillaume, Jason Lily, Jean Ludovic Dusalanga, Joanna Gentil
- “Mamzel Manon” by Denis Claude Gaspard
- “Matelassier” by Denis Claude Gaspard
- “Medley Ramanisum” by Alain Ramanisum
- “Mellow Mood” by Cyril John Payne
- “Mone Zeter” by Denis Claude Gaspard
- “Banana” aka “Papaya” by Anouchka Massoudy, Fanio Guillaume, Jason Lily, Jean Ludovic Dusalanga, Joanna Gentil
- “Pour the Bubbly” by Matthew Mc K. Wilcox
- “Bhakti Yog” by Dirk Campbell
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Comedy, Netflix Originals, Soundtracks of Cinema, Streaming Originals
You must be logged in to post a comment.