The White Lotus soundtrack includes music by The Rose Ensemble, Mina and Pink Martini. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Mike White’s HBO series. Visit the Soundtracks of Television section for more Vague Visages music guides.
The White Lotus follows the action at a popular vacation resort. Season one focuses on a murder mystery in Hawaii, while the second series installment takes place in Sicily. The storyline examines the motivations and morals of the main players. Composers Cristobal Tapia de Veer (Smile) and Kim Neundorf (The Third Day) scored the HBO series; music supervisors Gabe Hilfer (Ozark) and Janet Lopez (The Gilded Age) picked the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in The White Lotus.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Euphoria’
The White Lotus Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 1 “Arrivals”
- “On a Cocoanut Island” by Louis Armstrong & The Polynesians (00:04): Shane (Jake Lacy) watches the sun set at an airport. The White Lotus soundtrack song scores a transition sequence. A “One Week Earlier” scene begins.
- “Pua Nani o Hawaii” by Michael Alan Scott (00:39): Shane and Rachel (Alexandra Daddario) embrace after their first marital spat. Belinda (Natasha Rothwell) talks to a customer. Tanya (Jennifer Coolidge) waits at The White Lotus front desk.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Blockbuster’
The White Lotus Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 2 “New Day”
- “Hawai’i Au” by The Sunday Manoa (00:06): An exterior montage begins. The White Lotus soundtrack song plays as a hotel staff prepares for the day. The main protagonists wake up in their rooms.
- “Ohi’a Hua Palaku” by Palani Vaghan (00:37): Olivia (Sydney Sweeney) and Paula (Brittany O’Grady) arrive at a restaurant. Nicole (Connie Britton) inquires about their whereabouts. Olivia says that Paula lost her backpack.
- “Ke Kali Nei Au (Hawaiian Wedding Song)” by Mahi Beamer (00:45): Mark (Steve Zahn) gives a speech about his health scare. He says that his family has “no problems.” Rachel watches from a nearby table.
- “Hawaii’i Aloha” by The Rose Ensemble (00:53): Mark talks with Charlie. He learns that his late father was gay. The music scores the episode’s final moments and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Peripheral’
The White Lotus Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 3 “Mysterious Monkeys”
- “Hukia Mai A” by Kapono Beamer & Mac Prindy (00:12): Quinn (Fred Hechinger) requests a new phone. The White Lotus soundtrack song continues during a transition sequence. Shane talks about sex with Rachel.
- “Ho’okani Misionari” by The Rose Ensemble (00:27): Tanya rests and day dreams. She throws her mother’s ashes in the ocean. A monkey screeches as Tanya wakes up.
- “Hawaiian Flower” by Lionel Wendling (00:40): Mark talks with Armond (Murray Bartlett) at The White Lotus bar. Shane enjoys a boat tour with Rachel. The characters talk about their marriage.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘From Scratch’
The White Lotus Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 4 “Recentering”
- “He Mele Lahui Hawai’i” by The Rose Ensemble (00:02): The White Lotus soundtrack song accompanies the opening sequence. Paula and Kai (Kekoa Scott Kekumano) hang out at the beach. They talk about their families.
- “Aloha Oe” by The Rose Ensemble (00:10): Quinn wakes up at the beach. He observes a boat full of males. The music plays again at 00:36.
- “Nani Wale Lihu’e” by The Rose Ensemble (00:30): Mark talks to Quinn in a pool. He gives him a life lesson about being a man. Quinn trains for a scuba dive.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Watcher’
The White Lotus Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 5 “The Lotus-Eaters”
- “Keala Ka ‘u I Honi (The Fragrance Is Mine to Enjoy)” by Linda Dela Cruz (00:25): Olivia opens a safe. The White Lotus soundtrack song scores a transition sequence. Tanya looks at clothing in a bathroom. The music plays again at 00:28.
- “O Makalapua (Instrumental Version)” by The Hiram Olsen Group & Nina Keali’iwahamana (00:50): Tanya arrives at a restaurant. Music plays from within the establishment. Tanya meets up with Greg (Jon Gries).
- “Pua Onaona” by The Rose Ensemble (00:56): Greg says that he wants to have sex with Tanya. The characters embrace after a confrontation. Mark and Nicole kiss.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Black Butterflies’
The White Lotus Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 6 “Departures”
- “Hanalei” by The Rose Ensemble (00:02): The White Lotus soundtrack song scores an opening beach sequence. Quinn helps a group of men. He jumps into a canoe and rows.
- “Mighty Mouse Theme Song” by TBA (00:06): Mark enjoys some some bed time with Nicole. He sings briefly before kissing his wife.
- “Ta’a roa (B)” by Pulefano & The Polynesians (00:21): Armond finishes a conversation with the Mossbacher crew. The music continues during a transition scene. Greg swims in a pool.
- “Lei Ilima” by Mahi Beamer (00:45): The White Lotus soundtrack song plays during a bar sequence. Shane orders a double tequila. Greg coughs while having a drink with Tanya.
- “Model Citizen” by James Donald Davies (00:48): Armond parties in a hotel room. Dillon (Lukas Gage) snorts a line of cocaine. Armond chugs a beer.
- “He Mele No la Kane’ohe” by Tracie Keolalani (00:48): Shane sits at The White Lotus bar. Music plays from a stereo system. The music distorts as Armond sits on a couch.
- “Alanui Maika ‘I/Hope o ka Himeni” by The Rose Ensemble (01:02:00): Shane embraces Rachel at an airport. The White Lotus soundtrack song continues during a montage sequence. The main protagonists prepare for a flight.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Shantaram’
The White Lotus Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 2, Episode 1 “Ciao”
- “A Far L’amore Comincia Tu” by Raffaella Carrà (00:05): The White Lotus soundtrack song scores a “One Week Earlier” sequence. Harper sits next to Ethan (Will Sharpe). She smiles at Cameron (Theo James) and Daphne (Meghann Fahy).
- “Bocca Di Rosa” by Fabrizio De André (00:10): The music scores an exterior montage. Lucia (Simona Tabasco) gazes at Cameron. Daphne looks at her room.
- “Amuri Amuri” by Otello Profazio (00:28): Bert (Haley Lu Richardson) talks to Albie (Adam DiMarco) about Portia (Haley Lu Richardson). The music continues during a transition scene. Tanya applies makeup and drinks a glass of white wine.
- “L’appuntamento” by Ornella Vanoni (00:33): The White Lotus soundtrack song plays as Cameron walks with Harper. Ethan stays by a pool with Daphne. Tanya has sex with Greg.
- “Quantu basilico” by Rosa Balistreri (00:35): Greg complains about Tanya’s macaroon consumption. The track continues as Harper chats with Cameron. The music plays again at 00:38.
- “Preghiera In Gennaio” by Fabrizio De André (00:36): Cameron takes his pants off in a hotel room. Harper watches from a nearby bathroom. Cameron puts on shorts.
- “Non Dimenticar” by Gino Redi (00:30): A pianist performs at The White Lotus. Lucia and Mia (Beatrice Grannò) talk in a bathroom. Tanya arrives at a lounge area with Greg.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Let the Right One In’
The White Lotus Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 2, Episode 2 “Italian Dream”
- “Città vuota” by Mina (00:06): The White Lotus soundtrack song accompanies a montage sequence. Resort employees prepare for the day. Valentina (Sabrina Impacciatore) talks to her staff.
- “Tu farai” by Mina (00:18): Harper talks to Ethan about their relationship. The music continues during a transition scene. Cameron shops with Daphne.
- “La domenica” by Cocki Mazzetti (00:24): Harper talks about her family in San Juan, Puerto Rico. The music scores an exterior landscape shot. Lucia and Mia exit a store.
- “Una Notte a Napoli” by Pink Martini (00:32): Harper swims in the sea with Cameron. The White Lotus soundtrack song continues as Tanya rides a vespa with Greg. Lucia and Mia chat by a pool.
- “The Best Things in Life Are Free” by Sam Cooke (00:36): Mia convinces a pianist to let her sing. She performs in The White Lotus’ lounge area. Lucia watches from her table.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Tulsa King’
The White Lotus Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 2, Episode 3 “Bull Elephants”
- “Ninni Nanna” by Pink Martini (00:03): The White Lotus soundtrack song scores an opening landscape montage. Valentina arrives at Bam Bar. She orders coffee and confronts a male patron.
- “Cu ti lu dissi” by Rosa Balistreri (00:14): Tanya cries after learning that she is Greg’s fourth wife. Lucia shops with Mia. The music plays again at 00:32.
- “La cursa di li cavaddi” by Rosa Balistreri (00:29): Tanya visits a tarot card reader with Portia. The music plays briefly.
- “Ommil Habiba” by Omar Khorshid (00:36): The White Lotus soundtrack song accompanies a street sequence in Noto. Harper walks as various men gaze at her. The scene is a recreation of a famous sequence in Michelangelo Antonioni’s L’Avventura (1960).
- “Il Nostro Concerto” by Umberto Bindi (00:39): Ethan jet skis with Cameron. The music sets in as the characters nearly collide. Ethan and Cameron enjoy themselves.
- “You’re Nobody till Somebody Loves You” by Russ Morgan (00:40): Dominic (Michael Imperioli) arrives at a restaurant. He cancels plans with Lucia.
- “PIENA” by M¥SS KETA & Guè (00:57): The White Lotus soundtrack song plays during a bar sequence. Lucia and Mia hang out with Ethan and Cameron.
- “Gifted” by Cristobal Tapia De Veer (00:58): Ethan enters a hotel room. He observes Cameron hooking up with Lucia. Ethan smokes a cigarette as Harper tries to reach him.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Midnight Club’
The White Lotus Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 2, Episode 4 “In the Sandbox”
- “Piccolo piccolo” by Robertino (00:17): Bert finds Mia and Lucia in his room. The White Lotus soundtrack song continues during a transition montage. Portia arrives at a restaurant with Tanya.
- “Y’en a qui font ça” by Sacha Distel (00:19): Portia and Tanya have drinks with Quentin (Tom Hollander). Albie arrives at a pool area. He spots Portia chatting with Jack (Lee Woodall).
- “Dolce Vita” by La Cantina (00:33): Tanya speaks with Quentin about her bad luck. She worries about being “doomed.” The music fades as Lucia chats with Albie.
- “L-O-V-E” by Nat King Cole (00:46): The White Lotus soundtrack song is featured during a lounge sequence. Giuseppe performs for an audience. He appears visibly sick after taking a pill.
- “Ti Ruberò” by Bruno Lauzi (00:53): Quentin invites Tanya to join him in Palermo. Music plays during a restaurant scene. Albie watches Portia and Jack.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘1899’
The White Lotus airs weekly on HBO. New episodes premiere every Sunday through December 11, 2022. This article about the The White Lotus soundtrack will be updated as the series progresses.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.