The Causeway soundtrack includes music by El Michels Affair, Ernie K-Doe and Fats Domino. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Lila Neugebauer’s 2022 Apple TV+ movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Causeway stars Jennifer Lawrence as Lynsey, a war veteran who recovers from a brain injury in her native New Orleans. Brian Tyree Henry co-stars as James, a traumatized mechanic who bonds with the main protagonist. The storyline follows Lynsey as she prioritizes her mental health while considering a redeployment opportunity. Composer Alex Somers (Captain Fantastic) scored the 92-minute Apple TV+ film, which includes a total of 21 credited tracks. Here’s every song in Causeway.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Shantaram’
Causeway Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Apple TV+ Movie
- “Detroit Twice” by El Michels Affair (00:21:00): The Causeway soundtrack song plays during an exterior sequence. Lynsey pulls into Nola Auto Repair. She sits still and breathes deeply after a traffic incident.
- “Rubinoo” by Katey Redd (00:23:00): Lynsey finishes a conversation with James. Music plays as she walks down a sidewalk. The music fades as Lynsey stops and pants.
- “Mother-In-Law” by Ernie K-Doe (00:24:00): James gives Lynsey a ride home. He asks if she would like to play music from a compact disc. James says that his grandmother used to play the song.
- “Here Come the Girls” by Ernie K-Doe (00:25:00): A car scene continues. The Causeway soundtrack song plays after “Mother-In-Law.” Lynsey identifies the track’s title.
- “Gimme Love” by Kavika (00:36:00): The music plays during an interior scene. Lynsey sits on a bed. Gloria (Linda Emond) laughs in a separate room.
- “Blue Monday” by Fats Domino (00:39:00): Lynsey asks James to have a burger with her. The music accompanies a transition sequence. Lynsey and James hang out at a bar.
- “You Are the One” by Keri Jioras (00:53:00): Lynsey arrives at her mother’s home. The Causeway soundtrack song plays from a stereo system. Gloria says, “Please don’t judge me.”
- “Ooh Na Nay” by Cha Wa (01:01:00): Lynsey and James enter a vehicle. The music continues during a transition scene. Lynsey accidentally drops a sno-ball.
- “Rag Picker’s Blues” by Mojo Buford (01:04:00): James parks his car. Music plays from the vehicle’s stereo system. James stops his engine and talks to Lynsey.
- “I’m Sorry I Hurt You” by Nat Phillips (01:05:00): The Causeway soundtrack song plays as Lynsey hangs out at a client’s pool with James. She drinks a beer and smokes a joint. Lynsey enters the pool and asks James to join her.
- “Walk with Me” by El Michels Affair (01:07:00): A pool scene continues. James removes his clothing and enters the water. The characters joke around.
- “Gotta Get Away” by Harry Krapsho (01:27:00): The track scores the end credits.
- “Window Way” by Alex Somers (01:29:00): The Causeway soundtrack song plays during the end credits after “Gotta Get Away.”
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Wild Is the Wind’
The Causeway soundtrack also includes:
- “Come September” by Kavika
- “Big Greasy” by Jon Cleary
- “Smoke” by Se-Noj
- “Do It Again” by Rebirth Brass Band
- “I Get Paid” by JT Money
- “Listen to Me” by Alex Somers
- “Between Us” by Alex Somers
- “Following After” by Alex Somers
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Apple TV+ Originals, Drama, Soundtracks of Cinema, Streaming Originals
You must be logged in to post a comment.