The Spirited soundtrack includes music by Will Ferrell, Ryan Reynolds and The Spirited Ensemble. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Sean Anders’ 2022 Apple TV+ movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Spirited stars Will Ferrell as Ebenezer Scrooge aka the Ghost of Christmas Present. Ryan Reynolds co-stars as Clint Briggs, a Minnesota businessman. The storyline follows the main protagonists as they confront their hopes and fears. Composer Dominic Lewis (Bullet Train) scored the 127-minute Apple TV+ film; music supervisor Linda Cohen (Licorice Pizza) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Spirited, an adaptation of Charles Dickens’ 1843 novel A Christmas Carol.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Licorice Pizza’
Spirited Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Apple TV+ Movie
- “That Christmas Morning Feelin'” by Will Ferrell, Patrick Page, Sunita Mani, Tracy Morgan & The Spirited Ensemble (00:05:00): Mrs. Blansky (Rose Byrne) gets redeemed for good behavior. The Spirited soundtrack song is performed during a transition scene. Present leads a musical number.
- “Present’s Lament” by Will Ferrell (00:10:00): Present finishes a conversation with an HR employee. He breaks into song and wonders if he is ready to reach for more than a Christmas morning feeling. Present muses about meeting a “nice gal.”
- “Bringin’ Back Christmas” by Ryan Reynolds & The Spirited Ensemble (00:15:00): Clint gives a speech at a National Association of Christmas Tree Growers event. He begins singing while discussing human nature. Clint delivers a song and dance performance for the audience.
- “Tiny Ripple” by Will Ferrell, Sunita Mani, Tracy Morgan, Patrick Page & The Spirited Ensemble (00:22:00): Present speaks to Jacob (Patrick Page) about changing Clint. The Spirited soundtrack song sets in as Ferrell’s character begins a musical number. Jacob begs Present to stop singing.
- “The View from Here” by Octavia Spencer (00:27:00): Kimberly (Octavia Spencer) thinks about her career. She sings as Present observes her. The tune is featured again at 01:45:00.
- “The Story of Your Life (Marley’s Haunt)” by Patrick Page & Ryan Reynolds (00:35:00): The track accompanies an interior scene. Clint detects strange activity in his home. Jacob haunts his target.
- “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree” by Brenda Lee (00:38:00): A haunting sequence concludes. The Spirited soundtrack song plays during a transition scene. Jacob describes Clint as a “level 20 pain in the ass.”
- “Für Elise Piano” by Sean Wiggins and Zane Taylor (00:57:00): Clint explores his memories. The piano piece plays from a stereo system. Present talks about a “kicker” memory.
- “Good Afternoon” by Ryan Reynolds, Will Ferrell & The Spirited Ensemble (01:03:00): Present explains the true meaning of “good afternoon.” Clint breaks into song. Present says, “Your accent blows.’
- “Step into Christmas” by Elton John (01:09:00): Clint wakes up in his bedroom. The Spirited soundtrack song plays from a nearby room. Clint talks to party guests.
- “Santa Baby” by Maria Z (01:12:00): Clint listens to his big brother talk about him. Kimberly shows up and speaks to Present. The characters smile at each other as the music plays.
- “The Story of Your Life (Clint’s Pitch)” by Ryan Reynolds & Will Ferrell (01:15:00): Clint sings about a whole new life for Present. He pitches a wingman idea. Present thinks about rewriting the story of his life.
- “Unredeemable” by Will Ferrell & The Spirited Ensemble (01:24:00): The Spirit soundtrack song scores an interior scene. Present muses about his legacy. He makes a fateful decision.
- “The View from Here (Riverwalk)” by Octavia Spencer & Will Ferrell (01:35:00): Kimberly hangs out with Present in Manhattan. She begins singing during a walk. Present wonders if he is good enough for Kimberly.
- “Funeral Dirge” by Benj Pasek & Justin Paul (01:38:00): A funeral sequence begins. Clint learns that a young boy committed suicide because of an “online dust-up.” Wren (Marlow Barkley) carries flowers.
- “Do a Little Good” by Ryan Reynolds, Will Ferrell, Patrick Page, Sunita Mani & Tracy Morgan (01:51:00): The Spirited soundtrack song accompanies a street sequence. Clint begins singing after saving Present’s life. The characters lead a group performance.
- “That Christmas Morning Feelin’ (Curtain Call)” by Ryan Reynolds, Will Ferrell, Patrick Page, Sunita Mani & Tracy Morgan (01:59:00): Clint and Present talk in a garage. They discuss the correct pronunciation of “reprise.” Clint and Present sing during a movie-ending credits performance.
- “Ripple (Cut Song)” by Will Ferrell, Sunita Mani, Tracy Morgan, Patrick Page & The Spirited Ensemble (02:03:00): Present asks friends if they want to hear the end of his song. Ferrell’s character performs during a second credits scene. Present sings directly to Jacob.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Causeway’
The Spirited soundtrack also includes:
- “Blansky’s Redemption” by Benj Pasek & Justin Paul
- “Joy to the World” by Paul Croteau
- “In Your Eyes” by Peter Grabiel
- “O Christmas Tree” by Jordan Seigel
- “Charlie Brown Theme” and “Linus and Lucy” from A Charlie Brown Christmas by Vince Guaraldi Trio
- “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” by Kids Bop Kids
- “Come on Over Santa” by Sean Wiggins and Wes Garren
- “We Wish You a Merry Christmas” by Ken Morrison
- “The View from Here (Kimberly’s Turn)” by Octavia Spence
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.