The Chosen soundtrack includes music by Pixies, Cage the Elephant and Sinéad O’Connor. This info article contains spoilers for Christian Potalivo and Jannik Tai Mosholt’s Netflix series. Visit the Soundtracks of Television section for more Vague Visages music guides.
Chosen stars Malaika Mosendane as Emma, a Danish teenager who believes that aliens might’ve landed in her community. Albert Rudbeck Lindhardt co-stars as Mads, the protagonist’s acquaintance who investigates a potential conspiracy. Composer August Fenger (Stikker) scored the Netflix series; music supervisor Lynn Fainchtein (Roma) handled the mainstream tracks. Here’s every featured song in Chosen.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Anatomy of a Scandal’
Chosen Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 1 “The Fact That Meteors Are Made of Glass Is Pretty Crazy!”
- “Fried” by JSTJR (00:08): The Chosen soundtrack song scores a party sequence. Emma walks around with a beer. She finds her boyfriend Jonas (Magnus Juhl Andersen) and kisses him.
- “Abandon Me” by Wayne Roberts (00:10): Emma enters her kitchen. She speaks with her mother, Lykke (Line Kruse). Emma explains why she was fired from a museum.
- “En Tusindfryd I Min Hand” by Keld Heick and The Donkeys (00:14): Emma learns that Hussein (Shahbaz Sarwar) wants to speak with her. She rides away from a vehicle on her bicycle.
- “Asthma” by Ray Boy (00:21): Emma catches Jonas making out with Noreen (Sarah Rose Clear) at a fair. The Chosen soundtrack song plays as she walks away. Emma consumes several shots of alcohol.
- “Belladone” by Gaspard Augé feat. Justice
- “Recharge & Revolt” by The Raveonettes
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Outer Range’
Chosen Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 2 “Just Think of Queen Margrethe”
- “Running in the Night” by FM84 (00:00): Emma leaves home. The Chosen soundtrack song continues as she rides her bicycle. The music fades as Emma speaks with Marie (Andrea Heick Gadeberg).
- “Mighty Storm” by Souls (00:04): Jonas makes a move on Emma. He’s reminded about a recent encounter at the fair. Emma watches Jonas pull a prank on Marie.
- “Act 1 ‘Lucia Di Lammrmor’: Regnava New Silenzio…” by Inessa Galante (00:15): Hans (Henrik Prip) works in his lab. He examines an unidentified blue object. The music fades when Emma knocks at the door.
- “Jelly Jelly” by Cari Cari (00:23:00): Emma kisses Frederik (Andreas Dittmer) to upset Jonas. The Chosen soundtrack song scores a driving sequence. The music cuts when Frederik and Emma pick up Marie.
- “The Jugular Child on the Carousel” by The Zephyr Bones
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Dirty Lines’
Chosen Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 3 “Have You Heard?”
- “Hold Me” by Kandis (00:01): Lukas (Anders Heinrichsen) enters a restaurant. The Chosen soundtrack song accompanies the moment. Lukas watches two people tap their feet to the music.
- “Julian” by Deap Vally (00:25): Emma decides to rent a motel room with Frederik. The music plays as the characters hook up.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Tokyo Vice’
Chosen Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 4 “Call Mads”
- No Featured Songs
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Slow Horses’
Chosen Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 5 “You Hold It with Your Fingers. You Eat It with Your Mouth”
- “Jyn” by STRØM (00:05): Emma stands up to Lukas. She states that they are not friends. The Chosen soundtrack song continues as Emma speaks with Mads (Albert Rudbeck Lindhardt) and Elvis (Mohamed Djeziri).
- “Coffee” by Beabadoobee (00:14): Mads finishes a conversation with Thomas (Ken Vedsegaard). He learns that there is nothing special beyond a warehouse door. A wide overhead shot shows Mads leaving the facility.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Moon Knight’
Chosen Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 6 “You Still Want Everything to Be About You”
- “Here Comes Your Man” by Pixies (00:08): Emma gets escorted by government agents through a building. Incoming bullets shatter windows; bodies drop to the pavement. Lukas suddenly appears and attacks an agent.
- “Broken Boy” by Cage the Elephant (00:17): Mads thinks about finding Emma. The Chosen soundtrack song scores an outdoors montage sequence. Frederik cruises on his motorcycle.
- “Birds of Passage” by Communions (00:18): Frederik rides his motorcycle with Emma on the backseat. The music continues as they arrive at Restaurant Mama Thai. Frederik urges Emma to pursue a relationship with Marie.
- “Trouble of the World” by Sinéad O’Connor (00:39): Emma stares at an extraterrestrial craft hovering over a lake. Adrian (Nicolaj Kopernikus) urges her to come along for the journey home. The music stops as the circular craft explodes. Lukas kills Adrian as Emma runs away. The Chosen soundtrack song scores the final moments and continues during the end credits.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.