The My Father’s Violin soundtrack includes music by Altin Gün, Johann Sebastian Bach and Antonio Vivaldi. This info article contains spoilers for Andaç Haznedaroglu’s 2022 Netflix movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
My Father’s Violin stars Engin Altan Düzyatan as Mehmet, an Istanbul musician who looks after his late brother’s daughter. Gülizar Nisa Uray co-stars as Özlem, an eight-year-old girl who tries to acclimate to new surroundings. Composer Taskin Sabah (Sevdikten Sonra) scored the Netflix drama, which includes a blend of traditional Turkish music and famous orchestral compositions. Here’s every featured song in My Father’s Violin.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Metal Lords’
My Father’s Violin Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Netflix Movie
- “Goca Dünya” by Altin Gün (00:00:00): The My Father’s Violin soundtrack song plays during an opening cityscape montage. “Goca Dünya” mashes up with the music of a street performance. The song continues during a chase sequence.
- “Arabaya Taş Koydum” by Anomim (00:05:00): Özlem sleeps during a performance. The camera pans across a crowded restaurant as Ali Riza entertains the audience. Özlem continues to sleep.
- “Tin, Tin, Tini Mini Hanim” by Anomim (00:08:00): Özlem speaks with Ali Riza. She leaves to check on eggs in the kitchen. The music fades as Ali Riza pulls out a cigarette and looks at a newspaper article; it can be heard again at 00:57:00.
- “Csárdás” by Monti Vittoria (00:11:00): The My Father’s Violin soundtrack song is featured during a performance sequence. Mehmet takes in the moment as the crowd cheers.
- “Air from The Suite in D Major” by Johann Sebastian Bach (00:25:00): Mehmet finishes a conversation with Suna. Inci introduces Özlem to kids at a child welfare home. The music fades as Mehmet meets with Ali Riza’s friends; it plays again at 01:38:00.
- “Habanera” by Georges Bizet (00:43:00): Mehmet performs at a dinner event. Suna watches Özlem play with two forks.
- “Gnossienne No. 1” by Eric Alfred Leslie Satie (00:48:00): Mehet plays his piano at home. The My Father’s Violin soundtrack song continues as Suna enters the room.
- “The Four Seasons No. 2 ‘Summer'” by Antonio Vivaldi (00:50:00): Mehmet speaks with Suna. He implies that she’s a spoiled ambassador’s daughter who was crushed by her musical dreams. Suna states that having to perform in Mehmet’s shadow is “the worst feeling in the world.”
- “Esmerim Güzelim” (01:08:00): Mehmet and Özlem leave a music venue. The song is performed by street musicians. Özlem reunites with her father’s best friends.
- “Por Un Cabeza” by Carlos Gardel (01:13:00): Mehmet chops vegetables. He continues preparing a meal as Özlem enters the kitchen. The My Father’s Violin soundtrack song continues as the characters discuss “special scrambled eggs.”
- “Pervane” by Özdemir Erdoğan (01:27:00): Mehmet has dinner with Suna. They recall their first date. Özlem arrives and performs the song.
- “The Four Seasons No. 2 ‘Winter'” by Antonio Vivaldi (01:39:00): The music scores a cityscape montage. Mehmet prepares for a concert. Özlem runs through her child welfare home.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Inventing Anna’
The My Father’s Violin soundtrack also includes:
- “Sakin Gec Kalma Erken Gel” by Ahmet Rasim Bey
- “Gamzedeyim Deva Bulman” by Tatyos Efendi
- “Aprile” by Francesco Paolo Tosti
- “La Dulce Margarita” by Charles R. Blaker
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor and chief film critic.