The Royal Treatment soundtrack includes music by Mina, Rosemary Clooney and Rita Pavone. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Rick Jacobson’s 2022 Netflix movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
In The Royal Treatment, Laura Marano stars as an Italian-American New Yorker named Izzy. Mena Massoud co-stars as the protagonist’s love interest, Thomas, the Prince of Lavania. Composer John R. Graham (Kirin ga kuru) scored the Netflix film; music supervisor Tess Castro (Wolf Like Me) assembled the retro Italian-themed needle-drops. Here’s every featured song in The Royal Treatment.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Honeymoon with My Mother’
The Royal Treatment Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Netflix Movie
- “Ain’t Got Far to Go” by Jess Glynne (00:00:00): The Royal Treatment soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. Izzy gives food to local children and speaks with Nate (James Gaylyn). She reads a news headline about Prince Thomas while visiting with Mrs. Johnson (Kube Jones-Neill).
- “Da Da Un Pa” by Alice & Ellen Kessller (00:06:00): Walter (Cameron Rhodes) accidentally calls Bellissime instead of Belle, the best hair salon in New York. Izzy answers the phone. The upbeat retro music fades as she speaks with Walter.
- “Tintarella de Luna” by Mina (00:12:00): Izzy tells her colleagues about an upsetting experience with Prince Thomas. The music plays lightly in the background at Bellissime. Prince Thomas arrives and returns Izzy’s scissors.
- “Botch-A-Me (Ba-Ba-Baciami Piccina)” by Rosemary Clooney (00:14:00): Izzy’s grandmother turns up the radio volume at Belissime. The Royal Treatment soundtrack song accompanies the moment. Various female characters dance as Izzy and Prince Thomas watch.
- “Il Ballo Del Mattone” by Rita Pavone (00:30:00): Izzy, Destiny (Chelsie Preston Crayford) and Lola (Grace Bentley-Tsibuah) give makeovers in Lavania. The music scores a montage sequence. Madame Fabre (Sonia Gray) keeps a close eye on the hairstylists.
- “Guardo Come Dondolo” by Edoardo Vianello (00:55:00): Izzy explains the rules of Italian cooking. The song kicks in as she pulls out a bottle of wine. The music scores a montage sequence.
- “Worst Kind of Hurt” by Laura Marano and Wrabel (01:12:00): Izzy decides to leave Lavania. The Royal Treatment soundtrack song plays as Prince Thomas watches in silence. Izzy asks her driver to stop the vehicle.
- “Lo Che Amo Solo Te” by Sergio Endrogo (01:23:00): Izzy prepares for dinner with her family in New York. Her mother and nonna talk about the family business. Nate arrives and announces his retirement.
- “Dance with You” by Laura Marano & Grey (01:28:00): Izzy rides away from her apartment on horseback with Prince Thomas. Her family and friends wave and cheer. The Royal Treatment soundtrack song scores the final moments and continues during the end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Crush’
The Royal Treatment soundtrack also includes:
- “Run the World” by Litty Kitty
- “Keep it Movin” by Caught a Ghost
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor and chief film critic.
Categories: 2020s, Comedy, Family, Netflix Originals, Romance, Soundtracks of Cinema, Streaming Originals
You must be logged in to post a comment.