The Tetris soundtrack includes music by Polina, Europe and the Pet Shop Boys. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Jon S. Baird’s 2023 Apple TV+ movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Tetris stars Taron Egerton as Henk Rogers, an American entrepreneur who travels to Russia for a business deal. Nikita Yefremov co-stars as Alexey Pajitnov, a Russian coder who creates a game-changing video game. The storyline follows Henk as he investigates various legal loopholes while pursuing a distribution arrangement. Composer Lorne Balfe (The Lego Batman Movie) scored the 118-minute Apple TV+ film; music supervisor Ian Neil (Pistol) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Tetris.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Sharper’
Tetris Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2023 Apple TV+ Movie
- “Holding Out for a Hero” by ReN (00:13:00): Henk makes a promise to his wife, Akemi (Ayane Nagabuchi). The Tetris soundtrack song continues during a transition scene. Henk arrives at Bullet-Proof Software.
- “Heart of Glass” by Polina (00:28:00): Henk prepares for a trip to Russia. An animated transition sequence begins. The Blondie cover song accompanies a Moscow scene.
- “The Final Countdown” by Europe (00:59:00): Henk hangs out with Alexey in Russia. They visit a club and toast to the experience. Henk says, “I love this song!”
- “Holding Out for a Hero” by Polina (01:41:00): The Tetris soundtrack song scores a chase sequence. Alexey drives an orange vehicle. He picks up Henk, Howard Lincoln (Ben Miles) and Minoru Arakawa (Ken Yamamura).
- “Opportunities (Let’s Make Lots of Money)” by Pet Shop Boys (01:50:00): Alexey arrives in America. Henk wonders if it’s a “good time for American emotion.” The track scores the film’s final moments, epilogue and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Shrinking’
The Tetris soundtrack also includes:
- “Schneidig For!, Op. 79” by Admiralty Navy Band of Russia
- “Farewell of Slavianka” by Red Army Choir, Red Army Band and Victor Fedora
- “Benevolence” by Hibell
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Apple TV+ Originals, Biography, Drama, History, Soundtracks of Cinema, Streaming Originals
You must be logged in to post a comment.