The A Man Called Otto soundtrack includes music by Chet Hanx, David Hodges and Kate Bush. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Marc Forster’s 2022 movie on Netflix. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
A Man Called Otto stars Tom Hanks as Otto Anderson, a widower who plans to end his life. Mariana Treviño co-stars as Marisol, the protagonist’s charismatic Mexican-American neighbor. The storyline follows Otto as he tries to make the most of his remaining time on earth. Composer Thomas Newman (Skyfall) scored the 126-minute film; music supervisor Mathieu Schreyer (Chef) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in A Man Called Otto, an adaptation of Fredrik Backman’s 2012 novel A Man Called Ove.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘A Tourist’s Guide to Love’
A Man Called Otto Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Movie
- “La Mer Azure” by Robert Drasnin (00:01:00): The A Man Called Otto soundtrack song plays during the opening sequence. Otto shops at Busy Beaver. He measures rope and talks to Lee.
- “White Boy Summer” by Chet Hanx (00:31:00): Jimmy (Cameron Britton) invites Otto to lunch. A real estate agent (Mike Birbiglia) pulls up in a vehicle. Music plays from the speaker system. (Note: The artist is Tom Hanks’ son.)
- “‘Til You’re Home (Acoustic Mix)” by David Hodges (00:41:00): Otto starts his vehicle. Music plays from the speaker system. The track plays again at 01:01:00.
- “Hell on the Highway” by Andrew Oye and Paul Laine (01:06:00): Marisol learns how to drive. The A Man Called Otto soundtrack song plays from a nearby vehicle. Otto confronts Nick (Spenser Granese).
- “This Woman’s Work” by Kate Bush (01:28:00): The music accompanies a flashback sequence. A train crashes. Otto looks for Sonya (Rachel Keller).
- “On the Move” by Cut the Lights (01:41:00): Otto calls Shari (Kelly Lamor Wilson). Real estate agents arrive at his home. Music plays from a vehicle.
- “La Consecha” by El Santo Golpe (01:47:00): The A Man Called Otto soundtrack song scores a hospital sequence. Marisol laughs after learning that Otto’s heart is too big. The music sets in as she experiences labor pains.
- “Sun Is Shining” by The Fireman (01:52:00): Otto enters his vehicle. He hangs out with Marisol and her daughter. Otto says, “This is livin.'”
- “‘Til You’re Home” by Rita Wilson and Sebastián Yatra (01:58:00): Otto reads a letter. The track scores the film’s final moments and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Beef’
The A Man Called Otto soundtrack also includes:
- “Consolations S. 172 No. 3 Lento Placido” by Khatia Buniatishvili
- “My Crew (Woooo)” by Cadence Weapon
- “Old Folks” by Kenny Durham
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Comedy, Drama, Soundtracks of Cinema
You must be logged in to post a comment.