The School for Good and Evil soundtrack includes music by Olivia Rodrigo, Billie Eilish and 2WEI. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Paul Feig’s 2022 Netflix movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
The School for Good and Evil stars Sophia Anne Caruso as Sophie, a villager who dreams about fairytales. Sofia Wylie co-stars as Agatha, the protagonist’s best friend who gets bullied in her community. The storyline follows the focal pals as they flee Gavaldon and become immersed in a real-life fairy tale. Composer Theodore Shapiro (The Secret Life of Walter Mitty) scored the 147-minute Netflix film; music supervisor Stephanie Erica Weis (The Other Guys) picked the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in The School for Good and Evil, an adaptation of Soman Chainani’s 2013 novel.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘The Curse of Bridge Hollow’
The School for Good and Evil Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Netflix Movie
- “Prelude in No. 1 C Major, BWV 846: Well-Tempered Klavier” by Erica Goodman (00:04:00): The School for Good and Evil soundtrack song scores a ball scene. The Storian (Cate Blanchett) narrates about Sophie’s life. Caruso’s protagonist awakes from a dream.
- “Rock & Roll Queen” by The Subways (00:29:00): Tedros (Jamie Flatters) crashes a public event. Sophie inquires about his identity. The music intensifies as Tedros challenges the Everboys.
- “Brutal” by Olivia Rodrigo (00:47:00): Professor Dovey (Kerry Washington) wakes up her students. She talks about the upcoming Evers Ball. Agatha inquires about the identity of Tristan (Oliver Watson).
- “You Should See Me in a Crown” by Billie Eilish (01:23:00): Sophie shows up late to class with a new vibe. The School for Good and Evil soundtrack song continues as she walks to Lady Lesso (Charlize Theron). Tedros and Agatha stare at Sophie.
- “Toxic” by 2WEI (01:54:00): Sophia vows to defend her territory. The music kicks in as she performs black magic. The Evers shout and attack the Nevers as the Britney Spears cover song continues.
- “Space Man” by Sam Ryder (02:15:00): Sophie and Agatha wake up in Gavaldon. They giggle below a wishing tree. Sophie and Agatha hug as the Storian continues her tale.
- “Who Do You Think You Are” by Kiana Ledé and Cautious Clay (02:17:00): The School for Good and Evil soundtrack song scores the end credits.
- “Here Comes Trouble” by Striking Vipers (02:20:00): The track plays during the credits after “Who Do You Think You Are.”
- “Ready for It” by Rayelle (02:23:00): The song play during the end credits after “Here Comes Trouble.”
- “Evergirls Hymn” by Theodore Shapiro and Paul Feig (02:25:00): The music closes out the end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘From Scratch’
The School for Good and Evil released in October 2022 on Netflix.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Action, Comedy, Drama, Netflix Originals, Soundtracks of Cinema, Streaming Originals
You must be logged in to post a comment.