The Guilty Party soundtrack includes music by Ol’ Dirty Bastard, Michael Legrand and Paul Young. This info article contains spoilers for Rebecca Addelman’s Paramount+ series. Visit the Soundtracks of Television section for more Vague Visages music guides.
Guilty Party stars Kate Beckinsale as a disgraced journalist named Beth Baker. She loses her job at “The Denver Chronicle” and hopes to land a big story while working at “Pop Bite News.” First-time TV actress Jules Latimer co-stars as a convicted killer named Toni who asks Beth to investigate her case. Musically, the series incorporates various genres of music. Here’s a breakdown of every featured song in Guilty Party.
Guilty Party Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 1 “The Last Real Journalist Working in Denver”
- “Shimmy Shimmy Ya” by Ol’ Dirty Bastard (00:00): The Guilty Party soundtrack music scores the opening sequence. Four years prior to the main timeline, Wallace Plimpton (Cody Kearsley) cooks and smokes while singing the hip-hop classic. The scene functions as the incident incident for the murder mystery narrative.
- “Di-Gue-Ding-Ding” by Michael Legrand (00:05): Beth complains about the on-camera demeanor of Channel 24 News reporter Tessa Flores (Alanna Ubach). The song continues during an exterior driving shot in Denver. “Di-Gue-Ding-Ding” fades as Beth arrives at “The Denver Chronicle” and steals her former boss’ fish.
- “Shimmy Shimmy Ya” by El Michels Affair (00:29): The song plays after Beth visits Wyatt Plimpton (Andre Hyland). A cover version scores the end credits.
Guilty Party Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 2 “Crazy Bitches Who Kill”
- “Everytime You Go Away” by Paul Young (00:22): Tessa trolls Beth by leaving her with a journalism trophy. Beckinsale’s character then cries in her vehicle while driving home. The Guilty Party soundtrack song plays as George (Laurie Davidson) tails Beth.
- “I Can Help” by Billy Swan (00:28): Toni (Jules Latimer) agrees to work with Beth. The journalist walks to her car as the music ramps up. “I Can Help” continues during the end credits.
Guilty Party airs weekly on Paramount+. New episodes premiere every Thursday through December 9, 2021. This article about the Guilty Party soundtrack will be updated as the series progresses.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.