The Now & Then soundtrack includes music by Thalia, Nicki Nicole and Backstreet Boys. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Ramón Campos, Gema R. Neira and Teresa Fernández-Valdés’ Apple TV+ series. Visit the Soundtracks of Television section for more Vague Visages music guides.
Now & Then stars Marina de Tavira as Ana Vargas, a Miami native who protects a dark secret from the past. Maribel Verdú co-stars as Sofia Mendieta, Ana’s college classmate who may or may not be linked to multiple homicides. The storyline follows a group of friends/acquaintances as they gather for a reunion party and try to prevent a blackmailer from ruining their lives. Composer Federico Jusid (The Secret in Their Eyes) scored the Apple TV+ series; music supervisor Juan Tomás Tello (Money Heist) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Now & Then.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Essex Serpent’
Now & Then Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 1 “20 Years”
- “Entre El Mar Y Una Estrella” by Thalia (00:02): The Now & Then soundtrack song accompanies the opening sequence. The main characters hang out during a flashback sequence in 2000 Miami. Alejandro (Jorge López) speaks to a camera on the evening of his death.
- “Baby Girl” by Mario Bautista feat. Lalo Ebratt (00:13): Electronic music plays at a Class of 2000 reunion party. Marcos (Manolo Cardona) walks by a pool. Ana (Marina de Tavira) and Daniela (Soledad Villamil) watch him from afar.
- “Wapo Trakatero” by Nicki Nicole (00:41): Marcos stops his vehicle. “Wapo Trakatero” plays as he speaks with Sofia (Maribel Verdú). The Now & Then soundtrack song scores a sex scene.
- “Vivir Sin Aire” by Maná (00:50): Young Daniela (Miranda de la Serna) plays a video tape. She watches footage from a 2000 beach party in Miami. Sofia browses “friendverse” at the International Inn.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Staircase’
Now & Then Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 2 “Buried”
- No Featured Songs
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Welcome to Eden’
Now & Then Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 3 “A Bad Decision”
- “Commande Au Violant” by Blex Experience (00:36): Marcos arrives at Story with Isabel (Juana Acosta) and Sofia. The Now & Then soundtrack song plays from a vehicle. Marcos holds hands with Isabel as Sofia walks nearby.
- “I Want It That Way” by Backstreet Boys (00:37): Marcos and company enter Story. Isabel suggests ordering a round of shots. The 1999 hit scores a flashback party sequence.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Clark’
Now & Then Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 4 “Crossing the Line”
- “Lo Vas A Olvidar” by Billie Eilish & Rosalía (00:02): The Now & Then soundtrack song plays during the opening scene. Marcos dances and thinks about the past. He also stresses about a recent hook-up with Sofia.
- “Todo De Ti (Mix TikTok)” by DJ TikToker Viral feat. DJ Viral Social (00:15): Pedro arrives at home with his son. They discover that Ana organized a birthday party. Music plays during an outdoors scene.
- “Tu Me Vuelves Loco” by Frankie Ruiz (00:24): Ernesto visits Pedro and Ana. He brings a gift for their son. The party music continues from the backyard.
- “Kings of the Jungle” by Kidams, Le Fat Club & Josselin Bordat (00:28): The birthday party continues. Pedro walks near a pool. He speaks with Ana about her surprise guests, the Marwens.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The 7 Lives of Lea’
Now & Then airs weekly on Apple TV+. New episodes premiere every Friday through June 17, 2022. This article about the Now & Then soundtrack will be updated as the series progresses.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Apple TV+ Originals, Crime, Drama, Mystery, Soundtracks of Television, Streaming Originals
You must be logged in to post a comment.