The Open Your Eyes soundtrack includes music by Claude Debussy, Bass Astral x Igo and Laplage. This info article contains minor spoilers for the Polish Netflix series. Check out more Vague Visages music guides in the Soundtracks of Television section.
In Open Your Eyes (Otwórz oczy), a teenager named Julia (Maria Wawreniuk) wakes up in a treatment center called Second Chance. She can’t remember anything about her past, but soon learns that she’s a talented piano player. The Netflix series prominently features “Clair de Lune,” which is used as a musical motif from episode to episode. Here’s every featured song in Open Your Eyes season 1 on Netflix.
Open Your Eyes Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 1
- “Feeling Exactly” by Bass Astral x Igo (0:07): Julia spots Szymon (Wojciech Dolatowski) for the first time. The lyrics reflect the dancer’s passion, which inspires Wawreniuk’s protagonist to remember her creative talents.
- “Petals” by Tainsus (0:10): Julia reflects about Szymon’s dance rehearsal. She thinks deeper as the Second Chance guests play ping pong. Dr. Zofia (Marta Nieradkiewicz) interrupts the moment.
- “Clair de Lune” by Claude Debussy (0:26): A musical motif begins. Julia hallucinates and looks around her room after a voice calls out for “Karolina.” Julia later performs “Clair de Lune” at 0:36 before meeting Adam (Ignacy Liss), who also plays the song.
Open Your Eyes Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 2
- “Clair de Lune” by Claude Debussy (0:07): Julia receives sheet music for the song from Dr. Zofia. Maria Wawreniuk’s character then plays the song and gets interrupted by Iza (Klaudia Koścista). Julia later hums the music in bed at 0:12.
- “Run Away” by James George & Jennifer June (0:14): The guests celebrate Szymon’s success. They smoke “amnesiol” at a bonfire. Julia tries to figure how long they’ve been at Second Chance.
- “Windmill” by Low (0:29): Julia takes pills before an arranged meeting with her aunt. The lyrics foreshadow a “broken plan.” The song continues as Julia speaks with Iza.
Open Your Eyes Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 3
- “Clair de Lune” by Claude Debussy (0:01): Julia rehearses at a piano while sweating profusely. She gets interrupted by Dr. Zofia. Adam later hums the song at 0:10, and it’s performed at 0:40 during Julia’s concert.
- “Feeling Exactly” by Bass Astral x Igo (0:08): Szymon performs to the same song from episode 1. This time, it’s in front of an audience. Julia spots a young girl and gets locked out.
- “Maybe You Should Be” by Oliver Holmes (0:31): Julia runs outside and stops to catch her breath. Adam watches from a window. The lyrics “I know you want me / Maybe you’re scared” tease a blossoming romance.
Open Your Eyes Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 4
- “Clair de Lune” by Claude Debussy (0:08): The song can be heard after Adam vomits and speaks with Julia. It plays again as Wawreniuk’s character hallucinates at 0:18. The music continues during a transitional scene featuring Dr. Zofia. “Clair de Lune” is also heard at 0:35 when the teenagers discover Dr. Zofia’s technology.
- “Nightmare Turned to Life” by Inside Tracks (0:22): Dr. Zofia’s daughter takes a doll from Julia. A chase ensue throughout Second Chance. Julia attempts to process the young girl’s connection to Magda (Sara Celler-Jezierska)
- “Steel Tracks” by Laplage (0:32): Dr. Zofia and Piotr (Marcin Czarnik) walk through Second Chance. Julia and Adam find Pawel (Michał Sikorski). The teenagers decide to investigate Dr. Zofia’s technology.
Open Your Eyes Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 5
- “Bikini” by Bass Astral x Igo (0:05): Julia and Adam escape from Second Chance. The song plays just moments before the characters kiss. “Bikini” plays again during a love scene between Julia and Adam at 0:19.
- “Clair de Lune” by Claude Debussy (0:23): The song can be heard as Julia thinks about her mother. “Clair de Lune” also closes out the episode as a voice calls out to “Karolina.”
Open Your Eyes Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 6
- “Human” by Alyusha Mamiko Chagrin (0:17): Julia arrives at her childhood home. The song plays as the character revisits scenes from her memories. “Human” continues as Julia embraces her mother and looks at the family piano.
- “Clair de Lune” by Claude Debussy (0:20): Julia struggles to play the song at home. The protagonist realizes that she’s somehow lost her talent. At 42:00, Julia/Karolina watches Adam aka “Xavier” perform “Clair de Lune.”
- “Madama Butterfly (Highlights) , Act 2: Un bel dì vedremo” by Royal Philharmonic Orchestra (0:25): Magda sings the song as Julia dreams. Wawreniuk is now aware that “Magda” is actually a famous opera singer who lost her memory. Julia wakes up and looks for information about “Janina Hass.”
- “Steel Tracks” by Laplage (0:49): Julia reunites with Dr. Zofia. She’s informed about a plan to break people free from Second Chance. The song closes out the Open Your Eyes soundtrack as Julia returns to the amnesia treatment center.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.