The Mo soundtrack includes music by DJ Screw, Bun B and Fat Joe. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Mohammed Amer and Ramy Youssef’s Netflix series. Visit the Soundtracks of Television section for more Vague Visages music guides.
Mo stars Mohammed Amer as Mo Najjar, a Palestinian refugee living in Houston, Texas. Teresa Ruiz co-stars as Maria, the protagonist’s Mexican girlfriend. The storyline follows Mo as he reflects upon his father’s death while looking for sustainable work. Alice composers Common, Karriem Riggins and Patrick Warren scored the Netflix series; music supervisor Suhell Nafar handled the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Mo.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Echoes’
Mo Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 1 “Hamoodi”
- “Sitting Sideways” by Paul Wall feat. Big Pokey (00:00): The Mo soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. The title character drives around in Houston. He smokes a cigarette and grooves to the music.
- “Law Sharabo El Bahr” by Founon Shaabyia (00:08): Mo sighs at home. The music continues during a transition sequence. Mo arrives at Kaan Ya Makaan hookah lounge.
- “Work All Day” by Matt Koziol (00:10): Mo loads up his trunk with merchandise. He wears a Houston t-shirt and leaves in his vehicle. Mo talks to potential customers outside Houston Mobile Hot Spot.
- “Rudeboi” by Bun B feat. Lil Wayne (00:15): The Mo soundtrack song begins during a cityscape visual. The title character arrives at Quality Meats. He picks up a bag of cat food and argues about chocolate hummus.
- “Hamdullillah” by The Narcicyst (00:21): The track scores the end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Keep Breathing’
Mo Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 2 “Yamo”
- “25 Lighters” by DJ DMD feat. Fat Pat & Lil’ Keke (00:01): Young Mo put on headphones in 1991 Ahmadi, Kuwait. The Mo soundtrack song continues during a transition sequence. Amer’s character speaks with a customer.
- “All the Way Up” by Fat Joe & Remy Ma feat. French Montana & Infared (00:02): Mo closes his trunk. The track accompanies a montage sequence. Mo hustles various customers.
- “Yamo” by Sami Hejazi (00:18): The music plays during an interior scene. Yusra (Farah Bsieso) works in her kitchen. She mashes up a bowl of olives.
- “Sippin Codine” by DJ Screw, Big Moe (00:23): Mo prepares a glass of Purple Drank. He sits in his vehicle and imagines seeing his father. The music scores the episode’s final moments and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘D.B. Cooper: Where Are You?!’
Mo Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 3 “Remorse”
- “Everything’s Gonna Be Alright” by PJ Morton feat. BJ the Chicago Kid & The HamilTones (00:03): The Mo soundtrack song plays during a car sequence. The title character navigates Houston. Mo meets with Lizzie Horowitz (Lee Eddy); the track plays again at 00:06.
- “Ala Bali” by Elyanna (00:07): Mo arrives at FunPlex. He greets Maria and Nick (Tobe Nwigwe).
- “The Feeling Is Right” by Anders Lewén & James King (00:08): Sameer (Omar Elba) arrives at Chick’n Cone. Yusra drives away. Sameer enjoys himself while working.
- “How I Walk” by Donnie B Good & Big Jade (00:10): The song kicks in during a FunPlex scene. The title character hangs out with Maria and Nick. Mo offers gaming advice.
- “Ferris Wheel” by Common feat. Vine Mojica & Marie Daulne (00:13): Mo rides a Ferris wheel. The Mo soundtrack song continues as the title character sits by himself and looks around. Mo pours alcohol into his drink.
- “Slide” by ReeceBeats feat. P-Lo & Mozzy (00:17): The track plays during a club sequence. Mo DJs at Dreams. He spots a male patron smoking a cigarette.
- “How Great” by Chance the Rapper feat. Jay Electronica & My Cousin Nicole (00:25): The music accompanies an outdoors sequence. Mo arrives at an olive farm. He lands a new job as the episode ends.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Longest Night’
Mo Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 4 “Moola”
- “Things Will Never Change” by Z-Ro (00:04): The Mo soundtrack song plays as Amer’s character parks his vehicle. He approaches a building and knocks. Mo asks to speak with Dante (Rafael Castillo).
- “Es Que Me Gustas” by Los 2 de la S (00:23): Mo and Maria leave a party. The music continues during a transition sequence. Mo and Maria arrive at an olive farm; the track picks up at 00:24 as the episode ends.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘You Don’t Know Me’
Mo Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 5 “Tombstone”
- No Featured Songs
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Lincoln Lawyer’
Mo Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 6 “Holy Matrimony”
- “Champion” by Sammy Shiblaq (00:06): The Mo soundtrack song scores a brief montage. Mo arrives at Bayou City Barber Shop. He chats with Nick.
- “Just a Dog” by Big Moe (00:09): A Bayou City Barber Shop scene continues. Nick takes care of a customer, Hameed. Mo sips on some Purple Drank.
- “Intro to Shamstep” by 47Soul (00:19): The track accompanies a cityscape visual. A wedding sequence begins. The Mo soundtrack song continues as Hameed celebrates with guests.
- “My Person” by Brandon Ray (00:23): Hameed’s bride approaches a wedding altar. Mo stands next to Nick. The music drops as Hameed prepares to get married.
- “Sunday Dreaming” by The Shirelles (00:25): Hameed celebrates with his wife. Mo looks nervous. The track scores the episode’s final moments and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘God’s Favorite Idiot’
Mo Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 7 “Testimony”
- “My Mind Went Blank” by DJ Screw (00:04): Young Mo puts on headphones during a 1991 sequence. The music continues during a transition scene. Mo exhales and composes himself in a bathroom.
- “TBA” by TBA (00:21): A judge recuses himself from Mo’s case. The track scores the end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Surviving Summer’
Mo Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 8 “Vamos”
- “Bayara” by Clarissa Bitar (00:00): Arabic music plays during the opening scene. The track continues during a store montage. Young Mo works during a 1993 scene.
- “Overdose” by DAM & Brother Ali (00:06): The music scores the title sequence. Mo navigates an olive farm after a heist. The track scores the end of the season at 00:29.
- “Fight On” by Slick Naim (00:07): Mo meets with Nick and asks for help. The Mo soundtrack song plays briefly during a transition scene.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.