The Love & Gelato soundtrack includes music by Doja Cat, Fleetwood Mac and Pinguini Tattici Nucleari. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Brandon Camp’s 2022 Netflix movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Love & Gelato stars Susanna Skaggs as Lina, a Brooklyn teenager who travels to Italy. Tobia De Angelis co-stars as Lorenzo, a Roman chef who befriends the main protagonist. The storyline follows Lina as she learns about her late mother’s collegiate experiences in Italy. Composer Kostas Christides (6:45) scored the 110-minute Netflix film; music supervisor James Cartwright (Hit-Monkey) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Love & Gelato, an adaptation of Jenna Evans Welch’s 2016 book.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Spiderhead’
Love & Gelato Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Netflix Movie
- “Everywhere” by Alex Boniello (00:01:00): Lina narrates about her mother’s funeral arrangements. Fleetwood Zach (Alex Boniello) performs the Love & Gelato soundtrack song. Lina says, “Seriously, mother?”
- “Simple Song” by Passenger (00:03:00): Lina talks about her love life with Addie (Anjelika Washington). The music sets in as they enter a Brooklyn home. Addie prepares to leave for Italy the following day.
- “Buongiorno” by Alessandra Amoroso (00:12:00): Lina finishes a conversation with Alessandro Albani (Saul Nanni). The music continues during a transition sequence. Lina stares out a car window in Rome.
- “Woman” by Doja Cat (00:20:00): Addie tells Lina to make a “power move.” Francesca (Valentina Lodovini) offers party advice. The Love & Gelato soundtrack song continues as she explains how to “walk with purpose.”
- “O Mio Babbino Caro” by Giacomo Puccini and Giovacchino Forzano (00:26:00): Lina watches an opera performance. She gets anxious and holds Alessandro’s arm. Lina tears up as the performance concludes.
- “Sooner or Later” by Years & Years (00:27:00): Alessandro runs away from Lina at the opera. He pretends to turn off the lights. Lina chases after Alessandro.
- “La Storia Infinita” by Pinguini Tattici Nucleari (00:35:00): Lorenzo receives a bag of maritozzi from Greta (Claudia Della Seta). The Love & Gelato soundtrack song plays as he drives away in a motorcycle with Lina. Lorenzo reveals that Greta’s secret is “cold hands.”
- “Forever Young” by Boy in Space (00:42:00): Alessandro drives around with Lina. The music scores an Italian coast sequence. Alessandro and Lina stop to swim.
- “Little Lies” by Alex Boniello (00:47:00): Lina video chats with Addie and Fleetwood Zach. They talk about Alessandro’s social media activity. Fleetwood Zach sings the lyric “Tell me lies / Tell me sweet little lies.”
- “Don’t Stop” by Fleetwood Mac (00:47:00): Lina learns that Alessandro is having dinner with a woman. She leaves her room as the Love & Gelato soundtrack song begins. Lina heads to Parmigiana to confront Alessandro.
- “Non Avere Laura” by Tommaso Paradiso (01:11:00): Lorenzo meets with Lina in Florence. He shows her around the city. The music scores a montage sequence.
- “Certe Cose Non Cambiano” by Zero Assoluto (01:23:00): Lina and Lorenzo kiss in Florence. The music continues during a transition scene. Lina rests her head on Lorenzo’s chest during a bus ride.
- “Cold Heart — Pnau Remix” by Elton John, Dua Lipa (01:32:00): The Love & Gelato soundtrack song scores a party sequence. Lina arrives at Alessandro’s home with Addie. She seems to regret not pursuing a romantic relationship with Lorenzo.
- “Scrivile Scemo” by Pinguini Tattici Nucleari (01:45:00): Lina reunites with Lorenzo. The track scores a road trip sequence. Lina and Lorenzo ride a motorbike through the countryside as the film ends.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Hustle’
The Love & Gelato soundtrack also includes:
- “Impromptus No. 3 in G Flat” by Franz Schubert
- “Sonata G Major Op. 30 No. 3 Tempo Di Minnueto” by Ludwig van Beethoven
- “Sonata No. 1 for Violin and Piano Op. 78, III” by Johannes Brahms
- “The Shimmer” by APM Music
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Comedy, Drama, Netflix Originals, Romance, Soundtracks of Cinema, Streaming Originals
You must be logged in to post a comment.