The Hustle soundtrack includes music by The Roots, Zarcourt and Dan Deacon. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Jeremiah Zagar’s 2022 Netflix movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Hustle stars Adam Sandler as Stanley Sugarman, a Philadelphia 76ers scout who looks for the team’s missing piece. Juancho Hernangómez co-stars as Bo Cruz, an NBA prospect from Spain who hopes to enter the NBA Draft. The storyline follows Stanley as he trains Bo for a month and covers all of his personal expenses. Composer Dan Deacon (All Light, Everywhere) scored the 117-minute Netflix film; music supervisors Kevin Grady (Hubie Halloween) and Bryan Bonwell (Home Team) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Hustle.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Toscana’
Hustle Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Netflix Movie
- “The World Is Mine” by Sam Henshaw (00:02:00): Stanley leaves a gym in Serbia. The Hustle soundtrack song continues during a transition sequence. Stanley travels around the world to scout NBA prospects.
- “The Seed (2.0)” by The Roots feat. Cody Chesnutt (00:11:00): Stanley celebrates with his wife, Teresa (Queen Latifah), after being promoted by the Philadelphia 76ers. He drives around with his daughter, Alex (Jordan Hull). They watch a video of a 63-year-old Julius Erving dunking.
- “Gettin’ It” by Too Short (00:13:00): Stanley drops off Alex. He cruises around Philadelphia and listens to music. Stanley yells as the track plays.
- “Feel It in the Air” by Beanie Sigel (00:14:00): Stanley learns about the death of his mentor, Rex Merrick (Robert Duvall). The Hustle soundtrack song scores a transition sequence. Stanley attends a memorial service for Rex and speaks with both Leon Rich (Kenny Smith) and Dr. J.
- “It Never Entered My Mind” by The Miles Davis Quintet (00:18:00): Vince Merrick (Ben Foster) requests a “missing piece” for the 76ers. Stanley walks away after realizing that he’ll miss Alex’s birthday for the 10th consecutive year. He speaks with Teresa at their home.
- “Sunny (Blank & Jones Summer Vibe Remix)” by Boney M. (00:19:00): Stanley travels to Mallorca, Spain. He enjoys some pool time with Leon. Stanley refuses to look at topless women.
- “Porque Te Vas” by Jeanette (00:29:00): Stanley visits the home of Bo and his mother, Paola (María Botto). The Hustle soundtrack song plays from within the residence. Paola speaks with Stanley about Bo’s childhood.
- “Philly, Philly” by Eve feat. Beanie Sigel (00:38:00): Bo arrives in Philadelphia. The track scores a montage sequence. The music fades as Stanley speaks with Teresa.
- “Street Talkin'” by Slick Rick (00:39:00): Stanley discusses Bo’s potential with Teresa. He drives to Loews Philadelphia Hotel during a transition sequence. The track cuts as Stanley exits his vehicle.
- “Routine” by Wale feat. Rick Ross & Meek Mill (00:40:00): The Hustle soundtrack song accompanies a street basketball sequence. Stanley calls out to Bo. He asks him to be careful just as the game ends.
- “Drumdown Mambo” by Whethan feat. Jasiah (00:42:00): Stanley and Bo arrive at an NBA Draft showcase. They meet with Leon, Vince and Blake (Jaleel White). Stanley tells Bo to lace up.
- “Runnin'” by David Dallas (01:00:00): Stanley finishes a conversation with Bo. He tells him to “run” instead of stalling. The track scores a training montage.
- “Partiéndonos La Madre” by Zarcourt feat. Kairo (01:18:00): The Hustle soundtrack song scores a street basketball sequence. Stanley hypes up his Spanish prospect and challenges the crowd. Bo dominates the competition.
- “Heaven” by Tierra Whack (01:36:00): Bo says goodbye to his daughter, Lucia (Ainhoa Pillet). Stanley apologizes for scheduling a different flight home. The protagonists chat about expenses and their month together in Philadelphia.
- “Full Effect” by Freeway feat. Young Gunz (01:44:00): Stanley prepares for a Philadelphia 76ers playoff game. He walks down a hallway with head coach Doc Rivers. The Hustle soundtrack song fades as Stanley arrives at the court and hears the crowd cheer.
- “Change Your Life (You Can Do It)” by Dan Deacon (01:46:00): Stanley tells Tobias Harris to “be aware.” He takes in the moment and smiles. The track scores the end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘We Own This City’
The Hustle soundtrack also includes:
- “Dog on a Swing Set” by Dan Deacon
- “Become a Mountain” by Dan Deacon
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.