The Fire Island soundtrack includes music by Perfume Genius, Britney Spears and Donna Summer. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Andrew Ahn’s 2022 Hulu movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Fire Island stars Joel Kim Booster as Noah, a gay man who vacations with his friends at a popular New York resort. Bowen Yang co-stars as Howie, a 30-year-old graphic designer who dreams of an ideal romantic comedy-style relationship. The storyline follows various characters as they look for genuine connections at Fire Island. Composer Jay Wadley (I’m Thinking of Ending Things) scored the 105-minute Hulu film, which includes over 40 credited needle-drops. Here’s every song in Fire Island.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘The Valet’
Fire Island Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Hulu Movie
- “Pure Imagination” by Kathleen (00:04:00): The Fire Island soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. Noah and company arrive at their destination. The music fades as they greet Erin (Margaret Cho).
- “Boys (Coldabank Remix)” by Charli XCX (00:12:00): A slo-mo sequence begins. The protagonists arrive at a party. Noah narrates about the “Tea Dance.”
- “Open Up Babe (Perry Twins Remix)” by Wild (00:16:00): Howie speaks with Charlie (James Scully). Noah covers Erin’s mouth. The music plays briefly.
- “Thought Control” by John Roberts (00:19:00): The protagonists arrive at a party. Noah narrates as the Fire Island soundtrack song continues. Howie asks to see Charlie.
- “Chica Mejicanita” by APM Music (00:30:00): Noah invites Charlie’s crew to visit Erin’s home. The music plays during a transition sequence. Erin complains about Noah’s surprise dinner.
- “Wherever You Are” by BMG Production Music (00:32:00): Dex (Zane Phillips) helps Noah open a can. He says, “I’m poor, too.”
- “Jade (Acoustic with Drums)” by Monsune (00:41:00): Erin tells a story during a dinner gathering. The Fire Island soundtrack song plays from within her home. Noah complains about the graphic nature of the story as he eats.
- “The Four Seasons, Winter: I. Allegro Non Molto” by Antonio Vivaldi (00:42:00): Noah asks if anybody wants a refill. He imagines Charlie giving Howie a hand job at the dinner table. The music cuts during a transition sequence.
- “Fantasy” by Sofi Tukker (00:46:00): Noah and company arrive at Cherry Grove. They spot the Ice Palace. The track plays as the protagonists enter the venue.
- “Feels in My Body” by Icona Pop (00:51:00): Noah dances with Dex. Keegan (Tomás Matos) has fun with Luke (Matt Rogers). The Fire Island soundtrack song continues as Noah and Dex kiss.
- “We Could Be Dancing” by Bob Sinclar feat. Molly Hammar (00:53:00): Will warns Noah about Dex. Max worries about his eyes. Noah narrates about Ketamine.
- “Life Is a Party” by Universal Production Music (00:59:00): Noah looks for Howie. The music plays briefly as he enters an orgy area. Noah checks to make sure Howie isn’t in the room.
- “Heart to Break” by Kim Petras (01:10:00): Will takes the stage at a drag party. DJ Max plays the Fire Island soundtrack song. Will dances and hopes to impress Noah.
- “Jason” by Perfume Genius (01:11:00): A Monday sequence begins. Will hangs out with Noah at the beach. They read books and chat.
- “The Long Hot Summer” by Eliseo Roman (01:12:00): Keegan inquires about Luke’s whereabouts from the day before. A man sings a karaoke song. Luke admits that he was with a male friend.
- “Sometimes” by Bowen Yang, Matt Rogers and Tomás Matos (01:13:00): A karaoke sequence continues. Howie gets called to the stage. He performs the Fire Island soundtrack song (originally recorded by Britney Spears).
- “Whole Life” by Perfume Genius (1:28:00): Howie prepares to leave Fire Island. He boards a ferry as his friends watch. Erin says, “Some things have to change.”
- “Sometimes” by MUNA (01:29:00): Charlie hopes to stop Howie from leaving. He steals a water taxi with Noah’s crew. Howie says, “Why all the flags?”
- “Dreams Tonite” by Alvvays (01:32:00): The Fire Island soundtrack song scores a water taxi sequence. The protagonists arrive at Cherry Grove. Noah smiles while observing his friends.
- “Last Dance” by Donna Summer (01:36:00): Will and Noah dance. They kiss as the sun sets. The disco classic scores the film’s final moments and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Toscana’
The Fire Island soundtrack also includes:
- “Home” by Ruu Campbell
- “Schafe Konnen Sicher Weiden, Cantanta BWV 208” by Johann Sebastian Bach
- “Lil Voices” by QRTR
- “You Make My Day” by APM Music
- “My Calls” by QRTR
- “Own It” by Universal Production Music
- “Bathroom Break” by QRTR
- “Powering Up” by Universal Production Music
- “Just Reach Out” by BMG Production Music
- “Movin'” by Martin Alix
- “XYLO Link” by APM Music
- “Flowers” by Cibo Matto
- “Bad Habits” by Madame Gandhi
- “Killer” by Don Lewis
- “You Won’t Return (Nunca)” by QRTR
- “Devran (Madd Rod Remix)” by SIS
- “Softie” by Panooc
- “I’m Making Believe” by Andrew Ahn
- “To the Moon” by BMG Production Music
- “Spin Around” by APM Music
- “Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, BWV 565” by Johann Sebastian Bach
- “Angel from Above” by Jerry Fuller
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.