The Bruised soundtrack includes music by Saweetie, H.ER. and Dua Lipa. This info article contains spoilers for Halle Berry’s Netflix movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Bruised stars Halle Berry as an MMA fighter named Jackie Justice. Shamier Anderson co-stars as an opportunistic businessman, Sheila Atim portrays an intense trainer and real-life UFC fighter Valentina Shevchenko appears as a flyweight champion. The storyline follows Jackie as she attempts a comeback four years after quitting during a televised bout. Composer Aska Matsumiya (Selah and the Spades) scored the film; music supervisor Stephanie Pigott (Wake Up) organized the soundtrack music. Here’s every featured song in Bruised.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Toscana’
Bruised Soundtrack: Every Song in the Netflix Movie
- “Attitude” by Saweetie (00:01:00): The Bruised soundtrack song scores an introductory sequence about female MMA competitors. The song fades as Jackie endures blow after blow in the octagon. “Attitude” also scores a sequence at 00:46:00.
- “Bet It” by Cardi B (00:10:00): Jackie arrives at an underground fight club. “Werewolf” pummels a woman during a competition. A Russian man taunts Jackie.
- “Hallelujah (Arr. Cello & Strings)” by Sheku Kanneh-Mason, Didier Osindero, Alinka Rowe, Yong Gun Lee (00:50:00): Jackie protects Manny (Danny Boyd Jr.) from Desi (Adan Canto). The instrumental scores the moment.
- “Levitating” by Dua Lipa (01:01:00): Jackie temporarily moves in with her mother. The Bruised soundtrack song plays as Angel (Adriane Lenox) makes a “little party.”
- “Tha F**k” by Latto (01:02:00): Jackie trains outside. The music plays during a ring sequence. “Tha F**k” continues as Jackie tries to sleep while Angel talks in the kitchen.
- “Just the Two of Us” by Van Hunt (01:07:00): Jackie receives a voicemail from Bobbi (Atim). She learns that Immaculate (Anderson) wants to see her train. Manny cries on a sidewalk while Jackie decides what to do next.
- “No Mercy Intro” by Young M.A. (01:20:00): Jackie leaves her mother’s apartment sans Manny. The Bruised soundtrack song plays during a gym sequence.
- “Automatic Woman” by H.E.R. (01:26:00): Jackie wakes up after a sexual encounter with Bobbi. The music ramps up during a training montage.
- “Scared” by City Girls (01:36:00): Jackie prepares to fight “Lady Killer” (Shevchenko). She hugs Pops (Stephen McKinley Henderson) and sighs. The music scores Jackie’s ring entrance.
- “Missile” by DOROTHY (01:37:00): The Bruised soundtrack song functions as Lady Killer’s entrance music. Jackie watches from the ring. The song drowns out as Lady Killer grins at her opponent.
- “Blast Off” by Flo Milli feat. Akbar V. (01:57:00): Jackie reunites with Bobbi. The music continues during an exterior street sequence.
- “Lift You Up” by Mama Haze x Casey Gibson (02:00:00): Manny opens up and thanks his mother. Jackie reacts with a big smile. The Bruised soundtrack song scores the end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘The Perfect Family’
The Bruised soundtrack also includes:
- “From My Heart and Soul” by Dinner Party feat. Phoelix
- “Damage (Justin Credible Remix)” by H.E.R.
- “La Anoche De La Noche” by Bad Bunny, Rosalía
- “Curfew” by Linval Thompson
- “Bruised Beat” by Boi-1da
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.