The Halloween Kills soundtrack includes music by Gioacchino Antonio Rossini, Jeffrey & Joy Pilots and Anne Murray. This info article contains spoilers for David Gordon Green’s 2021 horror movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Halloween Kills functions as a direct sequel to the 2018 film Halloween. Jamie Lee Curtis reprises her role as Laurie Strode, while Judy Greer and Andi Matichak co-headline as Karen and Allyson Nelson, respectively. Together, the female protagonists attempt to finally eliminate serial killer Michael Myers (James Jude Courtney). The film includes John Carpenter’s classic franchise theme song, along with a score by James Murray. In addition, music supervisor Devoe Yates (Dickinson) mixes in some old-timey throwback tunes and even an operatic piece by a legendary Italian composer. Here’s every featured song in Halloween Kills.
Halloween Kills Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2021 Movie
- “She Doesn’t Want You Anymore” by John Carpenter (00:00:00): The Halloween Kills soundtrack music can be heard after the opening title sequence. On Halloween 2018, a trio of women perform the song at Mick’s Bar. Vanessa (Carmela McNeal) speaks with Marcus (Michael Smallwood).
- “Shaving Cream” by Benny Bell (00:30:00): Brian the Bartender (Brian Mays) discusses the history of the family business. He also states that Michael Myers will have to deal with “Old Huckleberry” (a baseball bat) if he returns. Various patrons toast to Brian as the song fades.
- “Largo Al Factotum” by Gioacchino Antonio Rossini (00:34:00): Tommy Doyle (Anthony Michael Hall) prepares to confront Michael with “Old Huckleberry.” The villain sits in a car and plays the operatic piece. The song plays briefly before Tommy attacks.
- “Rock N’ Roll Buddy” by Jeffrey & Joy Pilots (00:35:00): The Halloween Kills soundtrack song plays directly after “Largo Al Factotum.” Tommy attacks Michael’s vehicle as the music continues.
- “Wurg Radio ID” by Rick Randall and Mike Mitschele (00:35:00): Tommy and a crowd inspect Michael’s crashed vehicle. A DJ delivers his station ID for “Haddonfield’s Home for Rock.”
- “It’s Halloween (Stop Look and Listen)” by Pete Antell (00:36:00): Big John (Scott MacArthur) dances while listening to a record. Little John (Michael McDonald) cuts meat in the kitchen. Big John lowers the volume when he’s interrupted.
- “Could I Have This Dance” by Anne Murray (01:27:00): A record plays inside the former Myers home. A picture of the now-deceased Big John and Little John is visible. The Halloween Kills soundtrack music plays as Allyson and Cameron (Dylan Arnold) discover Michael’s latest victims.
- “Hunter’s Moon” by Ghost (01:42:00): The track plays during the credits after John Carpenter’s franchise theme song.
The Halloween Kills soundtrack also includes “Jewel in the Mud” by Jeffrey & Joy Pilots and “I’m the Wolf” by Fayna & The Lunarchicks.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.