The Father of the Bride soundtrack includes music by Celia Cruz, Salt-N-Pepa and Ozuna. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Gaz Alazraki’s 2022 HBO Max movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Father of the Bride stars Andy García as Billy, a Cuban-American architect who prepares for his eldest daughter’s wedding. Gloria Estefan co-stars as Ingrid, Billy’s wife who plans to leave him. The storyline follows Billy as he promotes his traditional ways while learning timely life lessons from family members and his future son-in-law. Composer Terence Blanchard (Da 5 Bloods) scored the 118-minute HBO Max film; music supervisor Janet Lopez (Veep) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Father of the Bride, a 2022 adaptation of Edward Streeter’s 1949 novel.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Staircase’
Father of the Bride Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 HBO Max Movie
- “Azucar Negra” by Celia Cruz (00:00:00): The Father of the Bride soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. Billy narrates about his exile experience. He recalls meeting Ingrid after moving to America from Cuba with nothing.
- “Quiereme Mucho” by Arturo Sandoval (00:01:00): Billy thinks about marrying Ingrid. He says, “We were so in love.” The track scores a wedding scene at a bingo hall.
- “La Enganadora” by Ruben Gonzalez (00:12:00): A dinner scene begins. The track scores a montage. Billy and Ingrid make eye contact.
- “Como Fue” by Beny More (00:23:00): Adan (Diego Boneta) gets nervous after meeting Billy. The Father of the Bride soundtrack song continues during a transition sequence. Adan looks at photographs of a young Sofia.
- “Se Te Nota” by Lele Pons & Guaynaa (00:38:00): Natalie Vance (Chloe Fineman) finishes a pep talk. The track accompanies a Coral Gables cityscape montage. Natalie and company walk to a wedding dress appointment.
- “Guajiriando” by Jose Fajardo (00:49:00): The music scores a lunch scene. Julieta (Macarena Achaga) says that she is allergic to shrimp. Ingrid asks how she met Hernan (Pedro Damián).
- “Yo Quiero Bailar” by Sonia y Selena (00:53:00): The Father of the Bride soundtrack song scores a port sequence. Hernan hosts a party. Music plays from his yacht as Billy and Ingrid arrive.
- “Caramelo” by Ozuna (00:54:00): Hernan’s yacht takes off. Ozuna delivers a live performance. Billy watches partygoers dance.
- “Tattoo (Remix)” by Rauw Alejandro and Camilo (00:56:00): Hernan dances with Ingrid. Tio Walter (Ruben Rabasa) speaks with Billy. He is bummed that his band, Los Immortales, won’t be playing at Sofia’s wedding.
- “Caraluna” by Bacilos (00:57:00): Hernan continues dancing with Ingrid. Julieta wonders if there is shrimp in her plate of food. Billy stares at Hernan and Ingrid as the Father of the Bride soundtrack song continues.
- “Luau” by Social Club Misfits feat. Hulvey (01:04:00): Sofia tries on a dress made by her sister, Cora (Isabela Merced). Music plays lightly in the background. A piece of the dress falls off.
- “Push It” by Salt-N-Pepa (01:08:00): A limo arrives at Shelborne South Beach. Junior (Enrique Murciano) hollers at Adan. He promises to show him “the real Miami.”
- “Atravete-Te-Te” by Calle 13(01:10:00): Sofia has fun at her bachelorette party. The Father of the Bride soundtrack song continues as Ingrid sits alone. She drinks a glass of red wine and watches Marcela (Laura Harring) dance.
- “Emboscada” by Vico C (01:14:00): The music scores a club sequence. Sofia dances at her bachelorette party. Cora takes a shot with Vanessa (Ana Fabrega).
- “Ceremonia” by Ozuna (01:19:00): Cora takes a break and covers herself in a bed. Billy talks with Junior. The track plays again during the end credits at 01:52:00.
- “As Time Goes By” from Casablanca by Dooley Wilson (01:26:00): Billy stays with his daughters and Ingrid during a storm. They watch Casablanca. The Father of the Bride soundtrack song is performed in the 1942 classic.
- “Music for the Royal Fireworks. HWV 351” by Academy of St. Martin in the Fields with Sir Neville Marriner (01:27:00): Billy cleans up his yard after a storm. The orchestral music plays as he looks to the sky. Cora unveils her bridesmaid dresses.
- “Tatuajes” by Byron Brizuela (01:41:00): A band plays after Sofia and Adan get married. The wedding party enjoys a meal and celebrates. Junior bonds with Marcela.
- “Yo No Se Mañana” by Mr. B Combo (01:45:00): Billy finishes a moving speech at Sofia and Adan’s wedding reception. Los Immortales performs the Father of the Bride soundtrack song. Sofia dances with Adan.
- “Quiereme Mucho” by Angela Alvarez (01:46:00): Los Immortales begins a new song. Billy finishes a conversation with Cora. He dances with Sofia and then with Ingrid as the movie ends.
- “Get Lucky” by Mr. B Combo (01:50:00): The track scores the end credits. Los Immortales performs another song. Tio Walter boogies on stage as the wedding party celebrates.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Tokyo Vice’
The Father of the Bride soundtrack also includes:
- “A Groovy Kind of Love” by Starsound Orchestra
- “Naci Orishas” by Orishas
- “Bump and Grind” by Big C**k
- “Bridal Chorus” from Lohengrin by Byron Brizuela
- “Wedding March” by Byron Brizuela
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.