The Fabelmans soundtrack includes music by Link Wray, The Crystals and Chubby Checker. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Steven Spielberg’s 2022 movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
The Fabelmans stars Michelle Williams as Mitzi Schildkraut-Fabelman, the mother of a blossoming filmmaker named Sammy (Gabriel LaBelle). Paul Dano co-stars as Burt Fabelman, Mitzi’s husband who doesn’t fully understand the dynamics within his family. The storyline primarily follows Sammy as he learns about himself and others through cinema. Composer John Williams (Star Wars) scored the 151-minute film, which includes a total of 25 credited tracks. Here’s every song in The Fabelmans.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Bardo: False Chronicle of a Handful of Truths’
The Fabelmans Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Movie
- “I Got Rhythm” by George Gershwin, Ira Gershwin (00:04:00): The Fabelmans soundtrack song is featured during a car sequence. Younger Sammy (Mateo Zoryan) inquires about Christmas lights. Burt sings in response to Mitzi’s comments about the holiday season.
- “Down by the Station” by Traditional (00:05:00): Younger Sammy opens a Hanukkah gift. The music sets in as Burt watches his son. Younger Sammy receives a train set.
- “Elite Syncopations” by Scott Joplin (00:15:00): Younger Sammy shows an experimental film to his mother. Mitzi smiles and laughs. The tune plays again at 01:41:00.
- “By a Campfire on the Trail” by Sons of the Pioneers (00:20:00): The Fabelmans soundtrack song accompanies a car scene. Mitzi says, “Everything happens for a reason.” Younger Sammy stares through a car window.
- “Piano Sonatino in A Minor, Op. 88, No. 3 : III. Allegro Burlesco” by Friedrich Kuhlau (00:25:00): Sammy directs a movie. The music continues during a transition sequence. Sammy inspects his film stock.
- “Piano Sonata No. 1 in F Minor, Op. 2, No. 1 : I. Allegro” by Ludwig Van Beethoven (00:26:00): Sammy observes a musical performance with family members and Bennie (Seth Rogen). The camera pans across the Fabelmans’ living room. Mitzi plays a piano.
- “Kalinka” by Ivan Larionov (00:35:00): The Fabelmans soundtrack song is featured during a campfire sequence. Burt sings in Russian with his children and wife. Bennie claps along and chuckles.
- “Sonatina in C Major, Op. 36, No. 3: I. Spiritoso” by Muzio Clementi (00:49:00): Sammy speaks with Boris (Judd Hirsch). They hear Mitzi playing a piano in the next room. Boris opens a door and talks with Sammy about the past.
- “Concerto in D Minor, BWV 974: II. Adagio” by Johan Sebastian Bach (00:55:00): Sammy looks at footage of a camping trip. He sees his mother sitting next to Bennie. Mitzi plays a piano as Sammy experiences an epiphany.
- “Raw-Hide” by Link Wray & The Wraymen (01:02:00): Sammy shows camping footage to Mitzi. The Fabelmans soundtrack song continues during a transition sequence. Sammy films a movie with friends.
- “Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home)” by The Crystals (01:19:00): Sammy receives a video camera from Bennie. The music accompanies a travel sequence. The Fabelmans move to California.
- “Goodbye Cruel World” by James Darren (01:45:00): Sammy arrives at the beach in 1964 with Monica (Chloe East). He prepares to film Ditch Day. Sammy and Monica enjoy themselves with classmates.
- “If You Wanna Be Happy” by Jimmy Soul (01:50:00): Sammy’s siblings react to bad news. The Fabelmans soundtrack song plays during a transition scene. It can be heard again at 01:58:00.
- “He’s So Fine” by The Chiffons (01:52:00): Reggie (Julia Butters) watches footage with Sammy. She rests on his shoulder as the music begins. Sammy arrives at a school event with Monica.
- “Walk On By” by Burt Bacharach, Hal David (01:54:00): A school dance sequence begins. Claudia (Isabelle Kusman) sings The Fabelmans soundtrack song. A trumpet player hits the wrong notes.
- “Limbo Rock” by Chubby Checker (01:59:00): Sammy premieres his Skip Day film. Teenagers groan and laugh as birds poo on students in the movie. Sammy watches his classmates react positively to the film.
- “Ethan Returns” from The Searchers by Max Steiner (02:18:00): Sammy waits in an office. The music sets in as he looks around. Sammy realizes that he’s about to meet his idol, John Ford (David Lynch).
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Grease’
The Fabelmans soundtrack also includes:
- “The Greatest Show on Earth” from The Greatest Show on Earth by The Paramount Studios Band
- “Overland Stage” from The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance by Cyril Mockridge
- “The Magnificent Seven” from The Magnificent Seven by Elmer Bernstein
- “Tutti Frutti” by Dorothy Labostrie, Joe Lubin, Richard Penniman
- “3 Gymnopédies: No. 2” by Erik Satie
- “Buffalo Stampede” and “This Is the West” from How the West Was Won by The MGM Studio Orchestra
- “Captain from Castile Suite” from Captain from Castile by 20th Century Fox Studio Orchestra
- “Piano Sonata No. 48 in C Major, HOB. XVI: 35: 1. Allegro Con Brio” by Franz Joseph Haydn
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.