The Worst Person in the World soundtrack includes music by Harry Nilsson, Billie Holiday and Art Garfunkel. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Joachim Trier’s 2021 movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
The Worst Person in the World stars Renate Reinsve as Julie, a photographer who looks for love in Oslo. Anders Danielsen Lie co-stars as Aksel, a popular comic book artist and the protagonist’s primary love interest. The storyline follows Julie as she pursues her personal and professional goals. Composer Ola Fløttum (Thelma) scored the 128-minute film; music supervisors Henrik Hawor (Trollhunter), Silje Katralen (Nothing to Laugh About), Goran Obad (Atlantic Crossing) and Emilie Sørensen (Project Z) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in The Worst Person in the World.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Fresh’
The Worst Person in the World Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2021 Movie
- “I Love Music” by Ahmad Jamal Trio (00:00:00): The Worst Person in the World soundtrack song accompanies the opening sequence. Julie smokes a cigarette at a party. She gazes at the city during a landscape shot.
- “Poly” by Daphni (00:02:00): The prologue begins. Julie attends class. The narrator (Ine Jansen) describes the protagonist’s life and perspective.
- “Ride Like the Wind” by Christopher Cross (00:05:00): Julie starts working as a photographer. She begins a temp job in a bookstore. Julie meets Aksel at a party.
- “Naked Eye” by Amulet (00:05:00): The Worst Person in the World soundtrack song scores a brief comic book montage. Aksel speaks with Julie at a party.
- “The Way You Look Tonight” by Billie Holiday (00:07:00): Aksel breaks up with Julie. The music sets in as the protagonist experiences an epiphany. Julie moves in with Aksel.
- “Snowdrops” by Sven Wunder (00:11:00): Julie chats with Karianne (Helene Bjørneby). They enjoy some outdoor family time. The music fades as Julie stands with a glass of red wine.
- “1 Thing” by Amerie (00:17:00): Julie plays a song on a phone. The Worst Person in the World soundtrack song scores an interior party scene. Julie dances with Aksel and their guests.
- “Healing Pt. 1” by Todd Rundgren (00:20:00): Julie and Akel listen to an argument in bed. The track continues during a transition sequence. Julie walks outside with a cup of coffee.
- “Pieces Froides: No. 2 Trois Danses de Travers” by Klara Komendi (00:40:00): Aksel reads an essay by Julie. He expresses his approval as the music sets in. Julie and Aksel discuss the essay.
- “Celestial Wine” by Amazon Ensemble (01:09:00): The narrator speaks about Sunniva (Maria Grazia Di Meo) and her family history. Eivind (Herbert Nordrum) struggles to understand his girlfriend’s new perspective. The Worst Person in the World soundtrack song continues as he spots Julie dancing at a wedding reception.
- “I Said Goodbye to Me” by Harry Nilsson (01:11:00): Chapter 7 begins. Eivind and Julie have sex. The narrator speaks about the characters during a transition sequence.
- “Springtime” by Le Superhomard (01:16:00): Julie hangs out with Eivind and friends. She consumes some “magic mushrooms.” The music drops as Eivind sighs.
- “Maybe in the Summer” by Sassy 009 (01:17:00): Julie and company relax after consuming mushrooms together. The Worst Person in the World soundtrack song plays from a speaker system. Julie doesn’t feel anything and walks to the kitchen.
- “Tchoung Fou” by Droids (01:19:00): Julie trips out in a kitchen. She falls and spots a former lover. Julie imagines an older and naked version of herself.
- “Sunrise Parable” by Fastback (01:20:00): Julie continues her mushroom trip. She walks around naked. Aksel covers Julie with a blanket.
- “Back to Dungaree High” by Turbonegro (01:35:00): The Worst Person in the World soundtrack song plays during a hospital scene. Aksel rocks out with headphones on. Julie enters his room.
- “Solêr” by Otto A Totland (01:55:00): Aksel opens up to Julie during a car conversation. The music continues during a transition sequence. Julie learns that Aksel may not live through the night.
- “I Will Take You There” by Harry Nilsson (01:58:00): Julie cries after a miscarriage. The epilogue begins. Julie works as a film set photographer.
- “Waters of March” by Art Garfunkel (02:00:00): Julie finishes taking photos of an actress. She spots the woman with Eivind and learns that they have a child. The Worst Person in the World soundtrack song scores the film’s final moments and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Crush’
The Worst Person in the World soundtrack also includes:
- “Bad Feeling” by Cobra Man
- “Wersailles (Planeur)” by Chasol
- “Bra” by Cymande
- “How I Wish” by Boy Made Flower
- “Lighthouse” by Couchero, Pasha & Soul Gem Toothfairy
- “Stardust Hurricane” by Soft System
- “Bells” by Bigbang
- “Booth Love” by Umphrey’s McGee
- “Dance, Love & Die” by Guts
- “Boogie Butt” by Skylite
- “Falling in Love” by Matt Rise
- “Stay with Me” by Glamour Hammer
- “Ma Mere L’Oye” by Kenneth Jean & Slovak Radio Symphonia Orchestra
- “Dreamscapes” by 13NHARRI
- “Feel the Love (Diskomiks)” by Prins Thomas
- “Water, Voices & Snow” by Chassol
- “Soft Systemized” by Soft System
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Comedy, Drama, Romance, Soundtracks of Cinema
You must be logged in to post a comment.