The Ganglands soundtrack includes music by Too Short, Jo Stance and Hamza. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Hamid Hlioua and Julien Leclercq’s Netflix series. Visit the Soundtracks of Television section for more Vague Visages streaming guides.
Ganglands stars Sami Bouajila as a Brussels robber named Mehdi who attempts to steal 300 kilos of cocaine. Nabiha Akkari co-headlines as Sofia, a high-ranking mobster who intends to betray the family patriarch, Hassan (Noureddine Farihi), and his irresponsible son, Saber (Salim Kechiouche). As the main characters strategize against each other, the soundtrack highlights the urgency of each crucial decision. Here’s every featured song in Ganglands.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Bear’
Ganglands Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 1
- “Money on the Floor” by Too Short feat. E-40 (00:05): Liana (Tracy Gotoas) and Shainez (Sofia Lesaffre) hang out with their friends. The Ganglands soundtrack song continues as various characters ride on their motorcycles. The “Money on the Floor” sequence emphasizes the romantic bond between Liana and Shainez before their separation.
- “Wild West” by Sorg feat. Napoleon Maddox (00:19): Tony (Samuel Jouy) urges Mehdi to leave the criminal underworld. Seconds later, “Wild West” scores a cityscape montage. The song fades as Liana speaks with her friend Modi (Bakary Diombera) about selling stolen cocaine.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Old Man’
Ganglands Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 2
- “No More Tears” by Jo Stance (00:03): Sofia enjoys a sexual experience with Antoine (Clément Manuel). The director Leclercq shifts between wide shots and close-ups. The Ganglands soundtrack song cuts during a transitional bathroom scene featuring Sofia.
- “Mieux” by Lord Gasmique (00:09): Mehdi and Liana prepare to steal cocaine. “Mieux” scores an exterior street sequence. The music fades when the characters enter a building.
- “Glorious” by Macklemore feat. Skylar Grey (00:17): Sofia arrives at a birthday party for her nephew, Milhan (Martin Verset). She is greeted by Saber’s wife, who suggests that her husband has been behaving erratically. The message of the Ganglands soundtrack song contrasts with the chaotic familial dynamics.
- “Feel Alright” by Cloudistrict (00:27): Liana and Mehdi arrive at a pool hall. Bouajila’s character wants to know about the specifics of his niece’s escort/robbery scheme. Liana explains that she and her girlfriend wanted to leave Belgium.
- “Until Tomorrow” by Jo Stance (00:29): Sofia plays a record at home. The track continues as Akkari’s character guzzles down a glass of wine. “Until Tomorrow” cuts when Antoine arrives and Sofia says “Just take me.”
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘You Don’t Know Me’
Ganglands Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 3
- “The Lava” by Equateur (00:22): Tony arrives at a brothel. Two sex workers flee when he raises a gun. The Ganglands soundtrack song scores a fight sequence between Tony, a john and a prostitute.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘First Kill’
Ganglands Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 4
- “Claire de Lune” by Claude Debussy (00:24): Saber meets with his accountant. He learns that his father wants him to relocate to Morocco that evening. Saber states that he’ll remain in Belgium because it’s his home.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘God’s Favorite Idiot’
Ganglands Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 5
- “Reign on Me” by Afu La feat. Mann (00:00): Liana smokes and checks her phone as the episode begins. The Ganglands soundtrack song scores a party sequence. Saber misses a call from Sofia because he’s busy cutting and snorting cocaine.
- “God Bless” by Hamza feat. Damso (00:06): Liana eats a sandwich. She talks to her friends about Modi’s funeral. Mehdi arrives and wonders why Liana isn’t staying at her hotel.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Intimacy’
Ganglands Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 6
- “Funnel of Love” by Wanda Jackson (00:06): Mehdi informs Tony that they’ve been set up. The Ganglands soundtrack song plays as Jouy’s character processes the information. Moments later, Tony is ambushed and Jordan (Kevin Mischel) gets killed.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Staircase’
The Ganglands soundtrack also includes:
- “Pilote” by PLK feat. Hamza
- “Come Get It Bae” by Pharrell Williams
- “RUN” by Cut the Lights
- “AH LALA” by Meryl
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Action, Crime, Drama, Netflix Originals, Soundtracks of Television, Streaming Originals