The Wellmania soundtrack includes music by CHAII, Shey Skeedy and Starship. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Brigid Delaney and Benjamin Law’s Netflix series. Visit the Soundtracks of Television section for more Vague Visages music guides.
Wellmania stars Celeste Barber as Liv Healy, a food writer who returns to her native Australia. JJ Fong co-stars as Amy Kwan, an investigative journalist and the protagonist’s best friend. The storyline follows Liv as she experiences blackouts in Australia while pursuing a big career opportunity in New York City. Composer Matteo Zingales (99 Homes) scored the Netflix series; music supervisor Andrew Kotatko (The Power of the Dog) picked the featured needle-drops. In addition, Sofi Tukker and Charlie Barker perform the theme music, “Good Time Girl.” Here’s every song in Wellmania, an adaptation of Brigid Delaney’s 2017 book.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Beef’
Wellmania Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 1 “Carpe That Diem”
- “Can’t Stop My Shine” by Soulplusmind & Becca James (00:01): Liv pushes a man out of her room. The Wellmania soundtrack song continues during a transition scene. Liv exits a vehicle in pink heels.
- “Good Time Girl” by Sofi Tukker feat. Charlie Barker (00:03): Liv finishes a conversation with Valerie (Virginie Laverdure). She drinks a glass of champagne. The Wellmania theme song plays throughout the series.
- “Get Free” by ILUKA (00:07): An exterior montage begins. Amy jogs at a beach. She arrives at her home.
- “Hello Beautiful” by Foxxi (00:14): Liv attends a public event. The Wellmania soundtrack song plays as Amy poses for photographs. She talks to Liv about the “who’s who’s of Aussie journalism.”
- “Anxiety” by Ladyhawke (00:16): Liv visits a unisex bathroom. The music plays as she looks at a mirror. Liv buys cocaine from an older woman.
- “All My Issues” by Nicole Millar (00:19): Amy finishes a conversation with Liz. She sits down at a table. The Australian Journalism Awards begin.
- “Oh Nah Yeah” by CHAII & Party Flavor (00:26): Liv leaves the office of Dr. Priyanka Singh (Leah Vandenberg). She talks about being the “best goddam TV judge that the world’s ever seen.” The track scores the episode’s final moments and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Unstable’
Wellmania Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 2 “The Cleanse”
- “Put the Work In” by LG (TEAM GENIUS) (00:00): The Wellmania soundtrack song accompanies the opening beach montage. Amy jogs in pink clothing. Liv surprises her.
- “You Sexy Thing” by Caleb Hawley (00:11): Liv enters a gym. The music plays as she observes grunting men. Liv talks to Gaz (Lachlan Buchanan).
- “YOU SO DONE” by Noga Erez (00:17): The track scores an exterior scene. Liv walks with therapy bruises on her back. Liv reunites with Stavros (George Houvardas).
- “That Melbourne Thing” by Beds and Beats (00:18): Amy hangs out with family members. The Wellmania soundtrack song plays as Liz arrives. Music blasts from Stavros’ vehicle.
- “WAP” by Cardi B feat. Megan Thee Stallion (00:21): A party sequence continues. Liz dances before playing games. She watches kids hit a piñata.
- “Afterglow” by Raphael & Ben Fisher (00:27): Liv makes plans to work out with Gaz. She walks down a sidewalk and talks to Isaac (Alexander Hodge). The track scores the episode’s final moments and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Night Agent’
Wellmania Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 3 “Get Your Duck On”
- “WOW (Look at Me)” by CHAII (00:00): The Wellmania soundtrack song scores an opening gym montage. Liv watches a spin class. Gaz tells her to stay focused on her “fancy New York gig.”
- “Sunny Days” by Esoterik (00:18): Liv and Gaz toast to their mother, Lorraine (Genevieve Mooy). The music continues during a transition sequence. Liz references Good Will Hunting while taunting Dr. Singh.
- “Right Now” by Beasts With No Name (00:20): An exterior montage begins. Liv visits a bar. She hangs out with Isaac.
- “Men Like That” by Gin Wigmore (00:27): The Wellmania soundtrack song scores a club sequence. Liv parties hard. She snorts cocaine and dances.
- “People Happy” by KLP & Stace Cadet (00:29): A gym sequence begins. Liv joins a class while hungover. She talks to Isaac about her long night.
- “Already Knowin” by Shey Skeedy (00:31): Liv talks to Gabriel (Aden Young). She receives a party invite. The track accompanies the episode’s final moments and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Who Were We Running From?’
Wellmania Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 4 “The Real Camille”
- “Like Voodoo” by BB St. Clair (00:02): An exterior montage begins. The Wellmania soundtrack song continues as Liv arrives at The Standard. She makes an inappropriate joke about Doug (Johnny Carr).
- “Get Low” by Lil Jon & the East Side Boyz feat. Ying Yang Twins (00:04): Liv walks through The Standard. She starts dancing. Amy motions to stop.
- “Gonna Rise Up” by MUSZETTE (00:07): The track plays during a speaking event. Camille (Miranda Otto) takes the stage. She begins a motivational speech.
- “Funk Wit Us” by Baker Boy (00:16): The Wellmania soundtrack song scores an exterior montage. Liv works out at a gym. She listens to an audiobook featuring Camille.
- “TBA” by TBA (00:26): Liv talks to Amy about a potentially viral story. The music continues during a transition scene. Amy finishes a conversation with Liv.
- “Too Easy” by Janaé E & Barks IV (00:30): A beach montage begins. People react to Liv’s story about Camille.
- “Only the Beginning” by Shey Skeedy (00:33): Liv confronts Dr. Singh. She accidentally smacks her face. The track scores the episode’s final moments and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Outer Banks’
Wellmania Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 5 “Hall of Mirrors”
- “About You” by Max Mayers & Dana McKeon (00:06): The Wellmania soundtrack song scores the opening montage sequence. The music drops as Lorraine talks to her children and Dalbert (Remy Hii).
- “Dance Til Dawn” by Harry Valentine & Nicolas Dagnall (00:09): Gaz meets up with Sebastian (Keegan Joyce). They have coffee at Cucinetta. Sebastian jokes about Gaz’s relationship.
- “Daydream In Blue” by I Monster (00:15): Liv drinks tea dosed with LSD. The track scores an exterior sequence. Liv trips out in a park.
- “Crash” by Nilüfer Yanya (00:27): Liv finishes a conversation with Amy. The Wellmania soundtrack song continues during a transition scene. Dalbert opens a box.
- “Not Broken” by Rupert Pope & Giles Palmer (00:28): Gaz embraces Dalbert. Isaac parks his vehicle. Liv reveals that she was on drugs earlier in the day.
- “Doin’ My Thing” by Selectracks & Alexei Misoul (00:32): Liv finds her green card. She confronts her mother. The track scores the end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Red Rose’
Wellmania Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 6 “Life and Death”
- “Roads” by Portishead (00:00): The Wellmania soundtrack song plays during the opening flashback sequence. Teen Liv (Olive McKinnon) arrives at a party. The music plays again at 00:27.
- “I Like the Way” by Daniel Farrant & Paul Rawson (00:11): A car sequence begins. Liv travels with Philomena (Yael Stone). Music plays from the speaker system.
- “Steal My Sunshine” by L.E.N. (00:15): The music accompanies a flashback sequence. Teen Liv hangs out with Teen Amy (Heleina Zara). They drink alcohol and dance.
- “Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now” by Starship (00:22): The Wellmania soundtrack song is featured during an interior scene. Philomena looks after a dying man. Erika (Jenna Owen) sings the tune.
- “Cold War” by Cautious Clay (00:29): Liv finishes a phone call with Gaz. She prepares for an interview. The track scores the episode’s final moments and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Law According to Lidia Poet’
Wellmania Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 7 “The Big A”
- “No You Can’t” by KikBak & Gerald Warbuxs (00:01): The Wellmania soundtrack song scores an airport sequence. Liv gets her visa approved. She holds a flag and dances.
- “Logic” by Hunnit (00:04): Gaz works out at a gym. He stares at Sebastian. Gaz talks to Isaac in the locker room.
- “I Touch Myself” by Divinyls (00:04): Isaac asks Gaz for help at the gym. A surprise performance begins. Liv sings a cover song.
- “Dance Monkey” by Vitamin Strip Quarter (00:16): The Wellmania soundtrack song scores a wedding sequence. Musicians perform an orchestral piece. Liv talks about Dalbert’s family.
- “Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now” by Starship (00:25): Liv toasts to Gaz and Dalbert. The music sets in as she embraces her brother. Amy starts a performance.
- “TBA” by TBA (00:27): Liv passes out. The track scores the end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Ginny & Georgia’
Wellmania Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 8 “Count to 10”
- “Macarena” by Los del Dio (00:05): The Wellmania soundtrack song is featured during a dinner scene. Amy begins a dance number. She says, “It’s happening!”
- “Right Here Right Now” by Jessica Mauboy (00:12): Gaz dances with Dalbert. They talk about their big day. Dalbert tells Gaz not to take Liv for granted.
- “Tigre” by Jarina De Marco (00:14): The Wellmania soundtrack song scores an airplane sequence. Liv cleans up in a bathroom. The music continues as she arrives at a Banquet Royale event.
- “Rill Rill” by Sleigh Bells (00:20): A montage sequence begins. Gaz sleeps next to Dalbert. Amy wakes up and begins her day.
- “Look at Me Go” by Adela feat. Ms. Madli (00:22): Liv works out at a gym. She walks on a treadmill and observes New York City. The Wellmania soundtrack song fades during a dressing room scene.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.