The Not Okay soundtrack includes music by Juniore, Serge Gainsbourg and Santigold. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Quinn Shephard’s 2022 Hulu movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Not Okay stars Zoey Deutch as Danni Sanders, a New York photo editor who falsely claims that she was present during a terrorist attack in Paris. Mia Isaac co-stars as Rowan, a school shooting survivor and teenage activist. The storyline follows Danni as she befriends Rowan at a group therapy meeting and builds a large social media following. Composer Pierre-Philippe Côté (Blame) scored the 100-minute Hulu film, which includes over 20 credited needle-drops. Here’s every song in Not Okay.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘The Princess’
Not Okay Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Hulu Movie
- “I’m the Worst” by oh Child! feat. Georgette (00:00:00): The Not Okay soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. Danni narrates about her life during a montage. Various people react to Danni’s behavior.
- “Watch Me” by The Pom-Poms (00:04:00): Danni walks through the “Depravity” office. She receives dirty looks from colleagues. Colin (Dylan O’Brien) arrives and vapes during a slo-mo sequence.
- “Ah Bah D’Accord” by Juniore (00:07:00): Danni exits an elevator. Harper (Nadia Alexander) says, “I hate straight people.” Danni leaves The Haverford and calls her mother.
- “Ca Plane Pour Moi” by Pilou feat. Anna Jean (00:12:00): Danni experiences an epiphany. The Not Okay soundtrack song plays as she thinks about a photoshop scheme. Danni tells her mother that she was invited to a writers’ retreat in Paris.
- “Bonnie and Clyde (Akse Remix)” by Brigitte Bardot, Serge Gainsbourg (00:22:00): Danni closes her eyes. She imagines herself at the Arc de Triomphe in Paris. Danni poses for a selfie.
- “La Marseillaise” by Claude Joseph Rouget de Lisle (00:23:00): A dream sequence continues. A violinist performs at the Arc de Triomphe.
- “Believe That” by The Anxiety, Willow and Tyler Cole (00:27:00): Danni jokes with Colin. The Not Okay soundtrack song continues during a transition sequence. Danni leaves The Haverford and smiles.
- “Disparate Youth” by Santigold (00:42:00): Danni sighs at a rage room. She returns home and writes a personal essay. Danni inspires a social media movement.
- “Hot Girl Bummer” by blackbear (00:52:00): Danni arrives at a party. She meets with Colin. They pose for a photo together.
- “Payout” by whookilledkenny (00:55:00): Colin speaks with Danni. They pose for a photo and say “Fuck terrorists!” Dani spots a hooded figure with no face as the Not Okay soundtrack song continues.
- “Time Flies” by Rico Nasty (00:59:00): The track scores a kickball sequence. Danni hangs out with Rowan. The music plays during a montage.
- “Complicated” by Avril Lavigne (01:08:00): Rowan mentally prepares for a speech. Danni tries to make her smile. She plays the 2002 hit during a car ride.
- “The End of the World” by Juniore (01:27:00): Part VIII begins. Danni cries while watching videos about herself. She gets doxxed by two white men.
- “So Slick” by Universal Production Music (01:33:00): The Not Okay soundtrack song plays at a performance venue. Danni reads an apology letter on her Notes app. The music drops as Rowan takes the stage for a spoken-word performance.
- “Declaration” by Cailin Russo (01:39:00): The track scores the end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Fire Island’
The Not Okay soundtrack also includes:
- “Bossa Noches” by APM Music
- “Bonnie and Clyde” by Brigitte Bardot, Serge Gainsbourg
- “Icarus” by oh Child!
- “Sur La Melamine — Remix” by Lydia Kepinsky, softcoresoft
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.