The X soundtrack includes music by Loretta Lynn, Blue Oyster Cult and Robert Palmer. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Ti West’s 2022 movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
X stars Mia Goth as Maxine, an adult entertainment actress who films a new movie in rural Texas. Jenna Ortega co-stars as Lorraine, a quiet camerawoman who decides to be more proactive. The storyline follows a film crew as they interact with their strange, elderly hosts. Composers Tyler Bates (John Wick) and Chelsea Wolfe (Lone) scored the 106-minute horror film; music supervisor Joe Rudge (Midsommar) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in X.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Toscana’
X Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Movie
- “Love Will Find a Way” by Pablo Cruise (00:03:00): Maxine snorts a line of cocaine. The X soundtrack song scores a dressing room sequence. Wayne (Martin Henderson) shows up and offers advice to Maxine.
- “In the Summertime” by Mungo Jerry (00:04:00): Maxine looks in a mirror and says, “You’re a fucking sex symbol.” Bobby-Lynne (Brittany Snow) and her colleagues leave the Bayou Burlesque. A graphic establishes the location as Houston, Texas.
- “I Shoulda Stayed Home” by Jerry Reed (00:05:00): A man on the radio says, “America needs Jesus.” Wayne changes the radio station. Maxine and company read a script for “The Farmer’s Daughters.”
- “I Got a Woman” by Andwella (00:12:00): Wayne’s gang leaves Pedlar Gas Mart. A clerk watches a television. The X soundtrack song fades as an evangelist urges people to repent.
- “Too Sweet to Be Forgotten” by Ronnie McFarlin (00:14:00): The music scores a road sequence. Wayne pulls into his “studio backlot.” Bobby-Lynne says, “Thank goodness. I’m horny.”
- “Sexy Eyes” by Dr. Hook (00:26:00): Wayne exhales as RJ (Owen Campbell) touches his “hard” penis. Bobby-Lynne cleans herself in a bed. She apologizes to Lorraine after tossing a dirty towel.
- “The Devil Made Me Do It” by Rasputin Stash (00:38:00): Maxine enters a room and kisses Wayne. The X soundtrack song plays as the characters “go to work.” Bobby-Lynne films a scene in a barn.
- “Act Naturally” by Loretta Lynn (00:44:00): Howard declines to have sex with Pearl (Mia Goth). A record plays in a nearby room. Bobby-Lynne says that Maxine delivered an “amazing” performance.
- “Landslide” by Brittany Snow (00:48:00): Maxine and company hang out. Lorraine reveals that she enjoyed the day of filming. Jackson (Scott Mescudi) and Bobby-Lynne perform Fleetwood Mac’s 1975 hit.
- “(Don’t Fear) The Reaper” by Blue Oyster Cult (00:57:00): RJ enters a vehicle. The X soundtrack song plays through the speaker system. RJ stops when he spots Pearl.
- “Oui Oui Marie” by Chelsea Wolfe (01:01:00): Pearl dances in front of RJ’s vehicle. The music switches back to “(Don’t Fear) The Reaper.” Wolfe’s recording can be heard again at 01:37:00.
- “It Is Well with My Soul” by St. John’s Inspirational Choir (001:32:00): Maxine grabs a gun. Music plays through a television. Lorraine receives help from Maxine and then gets shot.
- “Bad Case of Loving You (Doctor, Doctor)” by Robert Palmer (01:40:00): A deputy (Geoff Dolan) discovers a video camera. Sheriff Dentler (James Gaylyn) anticipates a “goddam fucked up horror picture.” The X soundtrack song scores the end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘The Valet’
The X soundtrack also includes:
- “World of Forgotten People” by Loretta Lynn
- “Five Strings to Go” by Joe Reeves
- “Just Another Lie” by Linda Brannon
- “Lonely Town” by Donna Fargo
- “Break a Leg” by Graham Reznick
- “Listen to the Preacher” by Graham Reznick
- “Okee Doaks” by Roy Hall and His Cohutta Mountain Boys
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.